Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4K UI Support

[DE]Pablo

1 minute ago, Rutuu99 said:

People are saying "Thanks alot Pablo!"

but the reality is you've #*($%%@ it for us without thw 4k screens. the scaling doesnt work. fix please.

Because we are not condescending ignorants who start pushing random buttons to question DE's direction of work. Of course they made a mistake, of course they are working to fix it. People like you are what plagues the forums. Because of you, we can't actually enjoy the game with your so called "criticism". I am not defending DE Pablo or any other staff member; developers make mistakes and start working on solutions (Critical Thinking 101), but I am not going to defend you when people start mob lynching you for your petulant attitude. 

You have issues with WF? Fine by me, and us. Go play something else. We don't agree with simple, narrow-minded people like you screwing our fun and gaming. 

6 hours ago, [DE]Pablo said:

It's not the sort of thing that can be reverted, it's setup on each screen, so after it was setup any additional changes done to that screen would be combined into it. It's tangled in along with dozens and dozen of changes over the past few months

Then you should have done extensive testing before this was rolled out.  Game is unplayable at its current state. Wasting the time on our boosters.

7 minutes ago, Xhenthius said:

Then you should have done extensive testing before this was rolled out.  Game is unplayable at its current state. Wasting the time on our boosters.

Basically this. Also, from reading this thread thoroughly, it's incredibly clear to me that even for 4k players, this "fix" is awful.

There was a reason you didn't upscale from 900p, and that was because of visual crispness. If you were that worried about UI elements being too spread out for 4K players, perhaps adding in the ability to move UI elements would have worked better for you? In its current state, this makes the game look disgusting. The camera feels shunted forward, the visuals look blown up, and I understand Rebecca's request for us to post our worst case, but I think everyone has done a stellar job of representing it.

On my machine, right now, I feel like my camera is set gently on my Warframe's shoulder rather than pulled back. I feel like the UI is completely visually fuzzy, and when I play it, it literally makes me nauseous. The way the blur feeds into my eyes and the way the now dramatically oversized graphics appear to me make it literally unplayable.

If you mess with the UI, test extensively on all resolutions. Please, dear god, please. For now, please make this hotfix your top priority - I desperately want the Dex weapons, but I cannot cope with feeling as if I'm going to vomit to get them.

Didnt realise this was the issue for the UI problems so posting here as well. Current changes are making it unplayable for me after a few minutes in game, getting headaches again like when archwing was first released with that terrible shaky camera effects. Its not just the UI bothering me the FOV in game feels zoomed as well, checked out the relay and did 1 capture mission and was already feeling sick by the end of it. Hope a fix is in the works, will have to stay off till then.

Edited by kattskinner

What does Naramon´s Tactical Strike do? 1920x1080

BjedFCb.jpg

Edit: Noticed a ton of stuff clipping or being shown offscreen in the focus tree´s. Can´t see the focus cost and texts on some of the outliers. Hope that helps.

Edited by MrMiscast

The entire HUD is massive - making my eyes hurt. I feel like I need to be 10 feet back or so just to be comfortable. I'm not going to bother playing or running a mission. Based on current feedback, in-mission HUD is not friendly for the eyes (or stomach).

Edited by ControversyB

So, I see most people complaining about the UI here - 4k players aside. And like, the obvious reasons such as offscreen elements and tearing and legitimate visual issues, I really love the larger UI for accessibility reasons. From what I can tell, there really are no extra accessibility options for players that need them. I'm not even talking about "large" task accessibility, though it would be nice to see. There is no mode to counter for any type of colorblindness. There's no way to truly resize the UI, or to reorient any segments of it. There's no way to change to basic symbols - for instance, when the frame head icons replaced blue dots on the mini map, it got a lot more difficult for me to manage. There's no way to alter the way audio is being relayed through speakers unless you use your own external device. Subtitles are kind of all Warframe has going for it in terms of accessibility at the moment.

That is all relevant to this. It's important to understand that while for some people, the UI looks "gross" or "annoying" or is, in general, not aesthetically pleasing (glitches/bugs aside), for some people it's a huge advantage that they never had before and greatly needed. Personally, I have a general sight impairment and I have a visual processing impairment; my eyes are kinda S#&$ty, and when I can read stuff, my brain sometimes has issues understanding and processing what I'm reading. Kind of like when you're "reading" a textbook but it goes in one ear and out the other. This larger UI has made it a lot easier for me to process more of what's going on at once, and it's pretty awesome, let me tell you.

And this isn't something that should remain this way, not having an option to customize things to be more accessible. Like I said, I totally agree that the UI is waaay too big/glitchy for some people, but there should be a way to truly scale up your UI throughout your game! Don't bring up the GUI scale. Not the same thing, doesn't work the same way, otherwise I wouldn't be complaining about this, trust me. Accessibility is important, and for those of you with able bodies and minds, more relevant than you may think! 8% of males are colorblind, up to 7% of people have auditory processing disorders, 285 million people worldwide are visually impaired in some way - and those are just some auditory/visual examples, cognitive and motor disabilities also need ways to be countered.

So. Fix what needs fixing with this new UI, but let players have the option to have things stay like this. Implementing new ideas and concepts is one way to take care of a community, but this community is in dire need of some support for its disabled players. Everyone deserves to have the same quality of gameplay.

TL;DR - Bugs are bad, glitches need to be fixed, but a large UI is super super helpful for people with disabilities and this UI should be worked out in a way that allow players who like it to keep it that way.

Edited by Emecay

1 minute ago, Emecay said:

TL;DR - Bugs are bad, glitches need to be fixed, but a large UI is super super helpful for people with disabilities and this UI should be worked out in a way that allow players who like it to keep it that way.

I agree with this.

We have HUD and Chat scale bars for a reason. This would be necessary for disability users.

However, if it is a choice of "reverting versus keeping", revert, then reimplement with a toggle. I support disability people getting helpful functions, but this update is substantially less user friendly, so..

9 hours ago, [DE]Pablo said:

It's not the sort of thing that can be reverted, it's setup on each screen, so after it was setup any additional changes done to that screen would be combined into it. It's tangled in along with dozens and dozen of changes over the past few months

Time to get to work then!

I agree revert and try again, plus any changes to the look of the game should have the ability to disable them.  I'm a firm believer in change is bad, so when a game looks different it just encourages me to move on to something more familiar.

1 hour ago, Emecay said:

So, I see most people complaining about the UI here - 4k players aside.

I have read this whole post and I see that almost universally the 4k players who have contributed so far also have problems with the patch, I can be added to that chorus. Lets hope the repair/ fix is not as complicated as the failed patch, certainly the 4k WF as it was caused eyestrain for many in certain scenes however the update is not working.

No doubt the fix was well intentioned but it badly misses its objectives.

This needs to be a priority 1 fix right now. It is bad, beyond bad even in some parts of the game. Aside from being forced into a overly huge UI the relic system is now buggy. It takes several tries of moving the mouse back and forth over a relic to highlight it for selection. Also a proper UI scaler needs to be coded in. Being unable to scale down is in that same boat too.

Between the abysmal UI scaling and the random other issues (FoV included possibly?), myself and a few others that I know of personally now find the game difficult to play for more than a few missions at a time due to dizziness, nausea, general motion sickness, etc.

I sincerely hope things can be resolved in some way or another soon, even a temporary fix to lessen the effects would be miles ahead of where it is now.

why did PC get console UI? EVERYTHING is 2x larger... I prefer the smallest UI possible because we, PC scrub, play close to our monitor (at least most of us) and we dont need 30x30cm UI just to log in...
give me back my old UI...this feels like archwing movement all over again...

btw DE do you even test stuff before release? or are we your beta testers?

Edited by Error989

Refer to Sean's post on page 5 with his Before and After pics for u20.

I'm also on 1440p, most elements of the hud are the same as before update, except for boosters/wp icons being huge.

All menu elements are supersized, as if they're using 800x600 resolution.

Is Pablo the only person working on the UI DE?

My theory is someone working on console version for ps4/ps4 pro(4K) gone and f&cked up and pasted it into PC version.

Something similar to this happened around 18.0, but was fixed in a hotfix.

Edited by tweakoli

1 minute ago, Shibboleth said:

Oh wow. And I thought I had it bad. This is 640 x 480 UI scaling. And yes, I'm old enough that I used to play that resolution back in the day.

Should not be happening on 1920 x 1080 display :sadcry:

Edited by BobbyDarin

You spend a lot of money on a high end system and DE makes you feel like you are playing on a console! Who checked this before it was issued? Does DE even have a quality control or testing system? DE's interface design has always been very poor at best. Style over ease of use e.g. having to have a warframe on the star chart, having to have a warframe on the side to get in the way of things when you want to change the mods in your weapons, the standard menu MOVING because it want you to rank up, the list goes on and on and on and it defies any of the basic principles of interface design. This 'bloated' version should never have been thought about, let alone implemented. I used to teach Interface design and if any of my students produced something like this, I would have failed them!