Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

gRFrnKw.jpg

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

The best defense is a good offense! We’ve asked for your Melee weapon designs in the past, and we loved them, so we’re asking for more! It’s time to design a Melee weapon that you would be proud to carry into battle.

How to enter:
In this thread, submit original concept art and criteria for a Melee weapon (using an existing Warframe grip type) that you would like to see in Warframe!

Your submission must include:
Faction: Clearly label which faction this weapon belongs to
Brief Description: Include a grip-type and description of your weapon (max 100 words)
Original Artwork: Maximum 2 images

Need an example?
Silva & Aegis Original Concept Art:
kWPwBAL.jpg 

Silva & Aegis in Warframe:

Rwn5zy1.jpg

Rules:
●    One submission per player
●    Artwork must be original and not taken from other sources
●    The weapon must use an existing grip. Melee weapon types that are not already in Warframe are not allowed
●    Do not reserve spots in this thread
●    Only post submissions in this thread
●    Submissions that do not follow these rules will be disqualified
●    All submissions become property of Digital Extremes

Selecting the Winning Design:

Call for submissions will be closed on March 30, 2017 at 1:00 pm ET.

Lucas Hug, Senior Artist at Digital Extremes, will choose a batch of favourite submissions. You can see some of Lucas Hug’s work on Warframe weapons here: http://www.lucashug.com/warframe-02

The Design Council will then determine the winning Melee weapons by submissions selected by Lucas Hug. Design Council voting will begin on March 31, 2017 at 1:00pm ET and run for one week.

The winning designs will be interpreted by our artists who will make tweaks as needed to ensure that the overall design remains true to the Warframe style.

The completed melee weapon will then be put into Warframe!

Good luck, Tenno!

====

HOW TO UPLOAD PHOTOS:

Step One: Upload the image file to an image-hosting site like imgur.

Step Two: Right click on the image and select "Copy Image Location". Please make sure you do this instead of copying the website URL for a clean upload.

Spoiler

vs

OEAT6nu.jpg

Step Three: Copy and paste the URL into your forum post and the image will be automatically embedded!

Step Four: Submit your comment! (or don't, I'm not here to tell you how to live)

Hopefully this helps!

Edited by [DE]Taylor
added "how to upload image" section

Well, I know what I'm making. Game development degree, don't fail me now! (Like it has so many times before. lol)

Wait, how many entries can we make again?
Edit:

Don't answer that. Just re-read the rules... hmmm Choices...

Edited by Shufly

Original Image:
H0IoQkj.jpg

Faction: Tenno

Brief Description: As title says. I'd like to introduce my first Weapon concept/idea. This is Morthaine, A sacred spawned SCYTHE that utilizes the scythe grip/stances (i.e: Stalking Fan) had appeared long ago from unknown origin.. Slow but powerful, it has innate electricity with high slash damage.

Specialty: Using a charge attack; this weapon would sent a lightning bolt of energy, with pinpoint aim. Channeling and aiming at a target chains the lightning.

Edited by zaxiade
* The image is HD

I am not the best at art but i have a concept i would like to see.

-Type: Whip /sword "Allow it to use stances from both" or Defiled snapdragon 

-Name: Razor Flail 

-Faction: Tenno

-Damage: Slash

-Special: When using this weapon you get a bonus to resource drops. Similar to how the lecta works for credits. Press "Alt fire" to activate the whip or blade. "maybe allow double stances to be equiped"

Disclaimer.. this is not my art, but an image of the idea of one. if enough people like this post, i will try to draw a Tenno version

Razorflails.jpg

This is a rough idea of the blade. I am sorry but i am not great with making images. If someone likes this idea, they can help build the idea better.

tu0Len4.png

Edited by Krhymez

12 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

●    The weapon must use an existing grip. Melee weapon types that are not already in Warframe are not allowed

But the Silva and aegis was conceptualized before the existence of shield and sword type wasn't it?

Was hoping for more weapon types given by the community.

As cross as I am at present, I'll bite:

I was thinking of designing a Corpus throwable arm shield, but the Sentient don't really have any weapons yet, so why not get started? I'm going to pull one from my old Sentient concept thread:

• Ketu
  • Faction - Sentient
  • Grip Type - Dual Tonfa Weapon (ie, Kronen)
  • Description - Spin attacks release short waves of radiation that inflict the Irradiated status, confusing enemies into attacking each other. A deceptively simple prospect, no doubt fitting of the insidious and manipulative nature of the Sentient. Aesthetically, it'd be interesting if it would also whisper to its wielder, as though its Sentient spark was still alive.

Z0OpAuO.jpg

Edited by Krion112

Faction: Tenno.

Type: Rapier.

Name: Dark Rapier.

Description: not much to say here. It's a rapier (a rather neglected category), but in the same line and style of weapons as the dark sword/dagger/swordagger - so it would be native radiation damage type.

Just now, FlawedLegacy said:

Interesting, I might try to design a scythe for the contest - I'm probably gonna go with either Tenno or Infeted faction, time to think up some ideas c:

a infected scythe would be nice. the one we got. doesn't really look like a scythe at all. TBH

2 minutes ago, Krion112 said:

As cross as I am at present, I'll bite:

I was thinking of designing a Corpus throwable arm shield, but the Sentient don't have any weapons yet, so why not get started? I'm going to pull one from my old Sentient concept thread:

Ketu

• Dual Tonfa Weapon (ie, Kronen)
  • Radiation base damage; Spin attacks inflict guaranteed radiation procs in a considerable radius around the wielder, confusing enemies into fighting each other.

Z0OpAuO.jpg

the sentient do have weapons. the have War and Broken-War