Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

Talon & Crest

Faction: Tenno

Grip/Stance: Sword & Shield

Damage Type: Slash

Brief Description: The lost sickle and shield of Inaros. Inspired by the Egyptian god Horus, this weapon is a treasure among tenno! The shield is Crafted with golden bladed feathers, and jeweled eyes!

Original image:

Agd1wVh.jpg

Edited by (PS4)Bug-Slayer07

6 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Delta Valefor said:

can we email our submissions? if so, what is the email address we send it to?

I don't think email works. They'd get hundreds of emails otherwise, also it's easier for them if the submissions are in one place like this forum.

Hi everyone, this is my concept for ''the best defense'' hope you like it even though im pretty bad drawing, my average point is modelling.

I.M.P Intelligent Mutated Parasyte.

An ancient orokin defensive device, which purpose was lost long time ago, now turned into a weapon because of an unkown life form attracted to its power. 

This bio-weapon (Energy orkoin core + I.M.Parasyte), uses it's teeth as whips when enough energy is stored in the enregy core, reaching unexpeted range and getting its foes Off-guard. 

I.M.P. Uses a heavy blade stance, with a range / damage bonus every few attacks and when channeling, it's fangs break off, just linked to the sword by a thread, cutting down it's enemies.

FACTION: GRINEER

GRIP TYPE: BLADE AND WHIP

Brief Description: So far the blade and whip weapons in-game are scissor-like incorporating two blades with a hooked whip. This Grineer design, drawing inspuration from their machete, instead inverts the concept, clasping shut like a jaw on the unfortunate target. The whip end is shaped more like a fist weapon, allowing for quick retaliation in particularly close quarters. Designed by the Kavor for use by their Tenno saviors. 

Yellow is denotes the striking surfaces and energy color.

Tmx1G5X.jpg

HEXA - Staff Melee 

• Faction: Corpus
  • Grip type: Staff
  • Brief Description: The staff lengthens on offense when striking and shortens when defending or at idle state. The ergonomic asymmetrical handle helps the warframe in striking enemies efficiently. Ground slam and Charge attacks produce a blowing force which blows away enemies with the help of the 2 circular cores on the staff heads.

hexa_staff_by_v3110z-db40ywg.jpg

hexa_staff_2_by_v3110z-db40yxc.jpg

Name: Scylla and Charybdis

Faction: Infested

Stance and grip: sword and shield

iYBx4MJ.jpg

ZkZLeEY.jpgMade from bone and flesh. Resembles the two legendary Greek monsters it's named for. Sword would have grip formed from 12 intertwined tentacles (possibly similar to octopus),  hilt is encircled by charger heads. Shield is made from 4 teeth that crate a whirlpool effect, not sure what would best here could be just energy or a singularity. When sheathed teeth close around sword and sword coils.

Considering how much work went into some of these concepts, I highly doubt this one will actually get a look. This  scribble will have to do, I'd have drawn it on my laptop but my tablet is using a Wacom driver.

lPS5irW.jpg

Brief description: An infested hammer designed after the Hema. Hitting enemies will slowly cause its innards to swell, eventually popping open the front face to expose them. The guts deal less damage but performing a charge attack makes them explode, releasing a swarm of infested organisms that damage enemies over time as well as a temporary damage bonus to the hammer itself.

Name Suggestion: Fulgrex
Faction: Corpus
Grip Type: Gunblade

Our Corpus guards and crewmen across the system have known for some time that the Prova model weapon that is the standard stock for all troops, guards, or any man or woman able enough to hold a gun and protect their righteous profit is not as efficient at protecting said profit as would be preferable, both for our guards and our own higher investments. Thus research has been done into an upgrade for those able to buy, and at a cheaper price for investors outfitting troops with just one weapon, Ladies and Gentleman of the Board, I present the Fulgrex.

c97qIgn.jpg

Edited by Cordiennas

Name: Judgment

Faction: Sentient

Weapon Type: Rapier

Stance: Naramon (-) Polarity, Vulpine Mask (Rapier)

Description: A sentient weapon that adapts to the void energy being channeled by a warframe into their melee strikes and unleashes a powerful attack upon release.

This weapon has a built in +50% channeling efficiency and each enemy struck by the unleash attack increases your melee counter by 4.

JFaK3ex.jpg

Edited by Kithers

Unfortunately I don't have my design hardware with me due to work travel but something I have been wanting for a long time is just a decent Scythe, tall and elegant design, something like the pontiff great scythe from dark souls 3, all the scythes is this game are short and basic looking with maybe the exception of the ether reaper but even then the weapon isn't that good. I grinned my a** off for reaper prime and I love the look its just to short in my person opinion, if this contest is still available when I get home I will post some original artwork

18 hours ago, Volkovyi said:

Here is our entry!

Spoiler

liger-inuzuka-tenno-flail-1000px.jpg?149

The Buzdovan utilizes the "whip" stance as a flail.
The studded head changes appearance based on modding more of either Impact, Puncture, or Slash damage that give it a reinforced status. Reinforced Impact damage grants slower attack speed with knock-back effects with a larger slam attack radius with knock-back. Reinforced Puncture increases Critical Damage, attack speed and strips armor permanently from enemies. Reinforced Slash increases status chance to 100% Bleed proc with increased proc damage over time.

When sheathed, the chain inside the body of the weapon is coiled around the ring which is visible on the sides.

(98 words)

xizhBNi.gif
...god that's such a good quality presentation. so jelly right now

Edited by tentacleface762

Dagger Grip and Stance

A Puncture based dagger that has a unique Block mechanic where in holding down Block will project a beautiful, animated at full charge, "Shield of the World", in this case the Star Chart. The Shield begins looking like the Edo Chest Piece shield effect that when taking damage it absorbs and stores that damage into a percentage, similar to the Vaykor Sydon, will develop and fill in the shield's appearance. When Block is released the stored damage will erupt from the disintegrating shield in a close range wide conial shot.

Left Picture: the_iliad_world_shield_dagger_concept__l

Right Picture: the_iliad_world_shield_dagger_concept__r

Edited by CrowMoxie
Pictures originally did not show up.

The "Umbrage"

Grip: Blade and Whip (in standard form)

Description:

This Weapon is but a sliver of the former glory of the Orokin Empire, but in the hands of a master, it shall be the Deliverance of Death once more.

Master the Elements and Enemies with this wicked weapon.

Image:

Edited by (XB1)Umbra of Death
Minor Fix

On 3/27/2017 at 5:10 PM, (Xbox One)LUCKIESHOT77 said:

0q8DCLx.jpgSonoctova

corpus

gram grip

Description- this corpus sword was designed to deal with heavy units and looks like a massive tuning fork, designed alongside the sonicor, this weapon utilizes inmate blast damage, tho the crit is low it has a high status chance, being a tuning fork when you hit enemy's consecutively, it procs the passive attunement, causing the great sword to resonate with each hit, increasing its status chance 10% per stack up to 5 stacks. Attunement is lost upon getting knocked down or not hitting an enemy for 10 seconds.

“Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds”-J. Robert Oppenheimer

Just now, (Xbox One)Umbra of Death said:

The "Umbrage"

Grip: Blade and Whip (in standard form)

Description:

This Weapon is but a sliver of the former glory of the Orokin Empire, but in the hands of a master, it shall be the Deliverance of Death once more.

Master the Elements and Enemies with this wicked weapon.

Image:

Image Two comes first

I left out a LOT of things to keep the original submission nice and tidy. Everything I "cut" out will be listed here. These are merely ideas that I made that fit with the concept of the Weapon itself, none must be used with the weapon unless chosen. 

Energy Color will Dictate what Element the Blade itself is

The Element type will visibly change the blades (only in blade&whip form) to match their corresponding elements. (ie. Heat=magma like blade)

The Void Crystals embedded within the weapon will contained the element effect as well,FX wise.

Void Crystals could potentially be made of refining five argon crystals into this purified version that does not decay.

The Heavy Blade form utilizes the Void Crystals to grant it channeling efficiency when attacking, while the dual blade form uses said crystals to grant its speed when channeling.

The  name for the metal the blades are made of in the concept art is known as Void Mithril, however I realized that wasn't entirely original. So I came up with several other metal names.

Crunor

Xobrite

Esceithil

Frethil

Lethyx

Stance: Remnant Eclipse (Blade and Whip)

Stance Description: 

Whirlwind strikes that decimate the enemies with rending arcs. Become one with your weapon, using the weapon as an extension of yourself. 

Basic Combo: Imminent Eclipse 

Pause Combo: Transcendent Occult

Hold Combo: (Unnamed as of now)

Block Combo: Full Moon 

R3tqxvT.pngName: Soul of the Dragon

Brief description: Long ago a brave tenno faced "Kulunzar: The Dragon of legend" in a battle to the death. Upon Kulunzar's dying breath he transferred his life force into the tennos weapon deeming him worthy to wield his awesome power.

Tapping melee would use scythe animation grip, charged attack would drain 35% of hp and energy and would do a ground slam aoe attack. Upon release it summons a dragon whelp minion to breath aoe fire on enemies for 30 seconds

Edited by (PS4)Savonosuke

Huh... doing a Warframe slide under the deadline here.

Name Karrd-Kitara

Grip: Rapier

Description: Favoured by Tenno who wish to showcase their prowess and agility in combat, the Karrd-Kitara combines the art of fencing with pure showmanship.

Rapier and syandana combo, where the Kitara syandana is used to blind and confound the opponent. Charge attack would use an animation similar to Inaros's firs ability, strikiing out with the cloak, potentially blinding the opponent, before delivering a deadly strike with the Karrd rapier. Rapier holsters normally, whilst the Kitara folds away into the shoulder mount. Optional visible holster would equip Kitara as a 'normal' syandana. 

bTEW8e8.jpg

Edited by Sharksteeth
image didn't show

Grip-type: Scythe

Brief Description: This weapon uses damage absorbed from incoming attacks to power 1 of 2 modes that can be used to ether create an energy blade for powerful melee attacks or to generate a shield bubble that can proc enemies entering the shield with electricity.

x7wWkB4.jpg

Faction: Corpus
Brief Description: This corpus made fist type weapon. when hold right bottom, it will turn into shield. It is energy shield and can protect Tenno.  When in close combat, energy can hit target very hard. Never see an energy based fist weapon so I try to design this one.
Original Artwork: 

iiXxdtw.jpg