Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

(I am bad at drawing forgive me) Nothing overly innovative; Naginata or Quando -like weapon.   

piHf4jt.png

Faction: Tenno;  Name: Yukita or Koriha

Brief Description: A COLD based pole arm, it has a ability which activates on a critical hit, like the Lesion, this ability is alike to Frost's complete freezing effect when an enemy hits him in melee. To not make this weapon redundant it should have a split Impact : Slash damage base and a critical chance of about 20%. If channelling, a ground slam attack creates a frozen patch of floor, like Frost's Freeze ability being cast on the ground, the channelling cost for this should depend on the warframe's energy efficiency and not on the channelling cost.

Recommendation:  Rank 6-8 weapon, due to only the Lesion really standing it's ground in the Pole Arm type at that rank. As such the Damage distribution stats should be 2 Slash: 2 Impact: 1 Puncture

Edited by Celebrimbor1945678
Grammar

Name: Lucrum (Yes, that essentially translates to "Profit"...)

Faction: Corpus

Type: Gunblade

Brief Description: To save money, the Corpus attempt to re-purpose otherwise useless flawed ship reactors into a viable weapon, the Lucrum attacks with blades of irradiated energy by channeling exhaust power, and finishes with a pool of radioactive fluid akin to that of a Tar Mutalist. Do not bang the Lucrum against surfaces, as it is still the very same flawed reactor and has nonphysical blades for a reason. It's blades de-activate when holstered in effort to both save power and protect it's wearer.

Recommendation: I'd say put it in the Energy Lab for about rank 9? Primarily Radiation damage. Intended status weapon.

dZjb9fc.jpg

HYETwdt.jpg

Edited by Serinexxa
Added second picture, fixed repeated words. -6 Cleaned up text. -20

Might as well give it a try
Sokha - the tenno pendulum blade.
Acts and is used as a hammer type weapon (Fragor, Sybear and so on) and Uses same stances. (Have a big potential to be a hybrid weapon - Heavy blade)

Heavy blades do have impact damage type weapons, but hammers don't have slash type weapons, so i've came up with this nice looking blade.

Warframe%20Pendulum%20blade.png

Weapon Grip: Heavy Blade 

FactionCorpus

Description: This robotic weaponry is known for its energized blade. The blade its self does not cut but creates a ton of impact. The weapon is also a shield regenerator similar to the corpus drones. It is retractable for easy storage, extended when in use and retracted when not.

b5fac78dd33111d75c32b4d114959b3d.jpg

6170ef97436e555598218a780f6b84cc.jpg

Health for the barrier may change to balance it out in the game.

Edited by (PS4)shiroyanagawa3
Design overhaul!

FACTION
Grineer

DESCRIPTION
(Blade and Whip Grip) This slow-swinging, militarized version of a boarding tool embodies everything about the Grineer approach to warfare; It’s vicious, it’s destructive and serves in multiple functions simultaneously. The super-heated, sickle-like plasma blade can carve through hardened armor, the explosive, cable-bound weighted end can clear debris and attackers in equal measure and even the heat vents can be used to maim and kill. It is the embodiment of murderous, Grineer ingenuity. When in use, the vent plating slides back to protect the users hand from the heat, then moves back to guard the plasma nozzles when stowed.

ARTWORK
C6DWZBEUoAATH8C.jpg

C6DWbikUYAA99bN.jpg

Personal Note: While I appreciate the concern that my name is not listed next to the Silva & Aegis, I have never asked for it, nor felt like it was deserved. I just doodled the idea. Tennogen guys actually create the stuff, while the animation and art team at Warframe did most of the glorious work for the S&A. I am totally fine with how the Silva & Aegis is listed!

Edited by SilverBones
More descriptive... err... description.
  • Like 1

I drew mine on paper and took a picture from my phone so quality might not be good

• Apocalypse 
  • Faction - Infested
  • Grip Type - Long-sword ( 2 handed )
  • Description -  Ground slams spawn in infested patch that slows down enemy's and slowly drain their health. also has small chance that will infect enemies with toxin as well. 
  • Picture Dl0taf6.jpg 

Let's see if I can do something interesting, but I guess it will be ugly (my draw skill is like... well... still looking for it).

FACTION: Tenno

Brief Description: The ELEMENTA GANTOJ are a pair of gloves that work perfectly with the elemental: Their names are in Esperanto, that mean "Elemental Gloves". They can use any fist Aura mod. The gloves are made with Leather.

Special: Energy colour change it's primary damage like Chroma:

Idea 1: Special 2: All it's Slam attack have a 100% proc. in 5 meters of radius as follow:

* Heat Colour -> Blast, Gas, Radiation
                    * Electric Colour -> Radiation, Magnetic, Corrosive
                    * Toxin Colour -> Viral, Gas, Corrosive
                    * Cold -> Blast, Magnetic, Viral

Idea 2: Accents will affect too in the final result, so all Slam attacks have a 100% proc. in 5 meters of radius using the normal combination elementals. Examples: 
            * Energy is a HEAT colour and ACCENTS is a COLD colour = Blast proc.
            * Energy is a TOXIN colour and ACCENTS is a TOXIN colour = Toxin proc.
            * Energy is a Electric colour and ACCENTS is a HEAT colour = Radiation proc.

Edited by vegetamaker

5 minutes ago, SilverBones said:

FACTION
Grineer (Mios Grip)

DESCRIPTION
This slow-swinging, militarized version of a boarding tool embodies everything about the Grineer approach to warfare; It’s vicious, it’s destructive and serves in multiple functions simultaneously. The superheated, plasma blade can carve through hardened armor, the explosive, weighted end can clear debris and attackers in equal measure and even the heat vents can be used to maim and kill. It is the embodiment of murderous, Grineer ingenuity.

ARTWORK
C6DWZBEUoAATH8C.jpg

C6DWbikUYAA99bN.jpg

That's pretty awesome.

9 minutes ago, SilverBones said:

FACTION
Grineer (Mios Grip)

DESCRIPTION
This slow-swinging, militarized version of a boarding tool embodies everything about the Grineer approach to warfare; It’s vicious, it’s destructive and serves in multiple functions simultaneously. The superheated, plasma blade can carve through hardened armor, the explosive, weighted end can clear debris and attackers in equal measure and even the heat vents can be used to maim and kill. It is the embodiment of murderous, Grineer ingenuity.

ARTWORK
C6DWZBEUoAATH8C.jpg

C6DWbikUYAA99bN.jpg

That's an insta-win

Name: Datrom Er Vlatro

Type: Dagger

Faction: Infested

Description: "This weapons origins are unclear, the only thing that is known about this dagger is that whoever held it long ago was extremely powerful. This dagger leeches on to whoever wields it and feeds on them and the victims that it meet. If you let it feed on the blood of others, it will mutate ever so benefiting you. If you let it feed on you, then may The Lotus help you.

This is a heavily inspired Nidus type weapon, it will collect blood/kills and basically mutate. The more kills/blood you get, the more the increase of stats. The weapon looks a little but like the Karyst but twisted by the infested and the weapon wraps/crawls around your arm. (Kind of like a leech)

WARNING: If you don't have enough stacks it will start to slowly take blood FROM YOU (the stacks slowly start to decay and speed up over time) If you have no health left you will start to face some side effects.

Passive: If in desperate need of blood you can take it from allies and companions.

Effects: (Blood Withdrawal)                                                                                           Effects: (Gaining Blood) Increase of:

-Temporary Blindness                                                                                                   -Movement and Attack speed

-Slow Movement                                                                                                             -Melee and Ability Damage

-Staggering (You fall down randomly)                                                                         -Health/Energy Regen

-Hallucinations (Depending on what faction your fighting)

(These can be stopped by gaining more health, gaining blood, or death.)              -Critical Chance/Damage

-Shield and Armor

Faction: Tenno

Name: Symbla

Grip/Stance:  Heavy Blade

Brief Description: The "poleaxe" allows devastating blows with sweeping cuts, upward strikes or downward strikes.  In addition, this weapon is high on slash while allowing all element damage.  At the top portion of the weapon, the hand-guards, and the bottom portion would emit element energy. 

I was initially going for an infested weapon, but this is what came out on paper.  Please forgive me for submitting a raw drawing that is from my phone and transferred to my computer.  First picture is the original art work.  Second picture is an inverted grayscale image.

Image 1

Image 2

Image 1

Here is my submission for the contest the double sided scythe.

Stance:Polearms

Faction:Tenno

Name:Jaxxis(Jax-sis)

The Jaxxis will be swung in rotation movement meaning there will be a lot of spinning going on while using this weapon.The weapon will first have a rotating swing forward then another one backwards.To end it off you will spin in a rapid motion creating a small like tornado knocking back enemies.Well there it is hope you guys choose the Jaxxis for the new melee weapon.

Edited by (PS4)youngTouch08
Forgot the details

I like the idea but um if they can recreate, use and make money off of...   "All submissions become property of Digital Extremes" need more incentive the second they can reconceptualize my work.   But go kick &#! Tenno!

I'm bad at drawing, Especially with a mouse so i'm not even going to attempt to draw this i'll just make the Concept.

A Scythe called Love (or any other name it doesn't matter) [Grip Type Heavy blade]

• Uses primarily Slash but has an Added Status based on its Energy color just like the Chroma frame
  • Possible Life steal Using a color like black or just Innate life-steal when status is applied or on Critical attack
  • Large size, Comparable to Galatine
  • Either Stalker or Sentient Faction (Id like to see it for Sentient more since it has no weapons yet but it would also be nice to see a new Stalker weapon)
  • All the stats are up to DE's choices for Balance reasons
Edited by RaginDayz
Fixed up where the Grip type was at

Grip type: two handed 

faction: Tenno 

decryption: a weapon forge from the burning flames of the underworld seed to wield dark mistical powers and the iron from the most demonic rock in the underworld enchants the wielder withe faster attack speed when chaniling 

Faction: Tenno

Grip: Sword and Shield

This weapon is similar to the Silva & Agis and the Ack & Brunt. The shield contains two holes from where blue flames erupt and once unsheathed the shield will break into two pieces held together by the tenno energy. The sword pays homage to the ancient long swords of medieval times.

The Srivasta & Nandaka has a special ability in where when the tenno is blocking and performs a ground slam the shield will smash the ground emitting lighting like energy. However, if the tenno doesn’t block the sword will smash the ground creating a similar lighting effect.

OhkDiff.jpg

Edited by ZeferSilvermane

Since Ember is one of my favorite frames to play, hence I created the "Phoenix Shield and the TriBlade." The sword is a three bladed sword (kinda like a flanged mace) but on a sword. The shield has fiery feathers on it, representing the phoenix. When Orion is sheathed then the blades retract put behind the shield. The shield stops admitting light and the flame changes to a grey color. When drawn, the blades will come out and the shield will become the chosen color. This is the concept: 

• Orion
  • Sword and Shield Grip Type (ie. Ack & Brunt)
  • Main damage: Explosion
  • Faction: Grineer

QTd5fbb.jpg

http://imgur.com/QTd5fbb

Edited by FlyingRainbowSpys