Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

4 hours ago, morunas said:

That is seriously impressive :) my drawing skills oscilate somewhere between terrible and non-existent. I thought "maybe there is a magic plugin that makes design look awesome" :P but nope. It's pure skillz. Amazing art work once again :) I hope you win! :D

Yay!!! Tnks!!! :DDD

Weapon Faction: Grineer
Weapon Name: Rol Kittag

Description: A defective Grineer Roller, used as a hammer out of an attempt to not waste the resources breaking down and recreating another Roller. It has increased slash damage compared to other weapons of its type, due to the blades already inside a Roller .

(I'm no artist but I made a basic drawing of what I think this weapon could look like, shown with and without the innate Roller blades extended)

O6x4hco.png

Name: Lunlnir

Faction: Corpus

Brief Description: This corpus spear is designed to cut flesh with one end reinforced with an energized edge while impacting with the opposed end (would be cool if the game permits to have the edges dealing different damage, otherwise probably a slightly cutting end like the orthos);deals mainly slash damage, but have an alternate fire where you launch it (javlok like) dealing puncture damage and impaling the enemies hit with maybe a little punch throug
(use staff handle and stances)

unluckily i'm really bad at drawing so if someone have a better image than mine (really easy to do it) i'd appreciate it

Spoiler

are you sure to view the image? it can damage your eyes because i'ts really ugly

Spoiler

QfffROP.png

Name: Glacial Rampart

Faction: Corpus

Description: Created by corpus engineers these twin bladed shields are capable of spinning slashes and vicious jabs. They have a high probability of freezing a enemy solid.    When using melee it'll use the furax animation grip and do short slashes, whereas a charged attack uses jabs. Blocking will use both shields to defend the Tenno.

Grip-type: Furax

Edited by (XB1)NeoGuardian77

Name: Diviner

Faction: Tenno

Description:Three glowing spheres smoothly spin around your wrist.

If you know how to handle a weapon such as glaive, then easily make each of the spheres find their target.

Deals heavy elemental damage. The type of the element depends on the color of the energy.

High chance of status.

Each of the spheres can be thrown independently (has 3 charges). In the focus mode, all three spheres are thrown.

You can attack or block in close combat if at least one of the spheres on the hand, but the effectiveness is proportionally reduced.

13297546.png

Name: Lux & Obica

Faction: Corpus

Grip: Sword and Shield

Description: Gear used by Corpus law enforcement when dealing with riots and protests among their workers. Blocking while sprinting will knock over any enemies that the player runs into.

I'd like it if the blocking animation could have the shield's holographic projection rotate to stay upright, rather than it being sideways like the game's other shields are when blocking.

Weapon Name; Dark Split Staff

Design concept; A transforming weapon similar to the dark split sword using the same artistic style. This weapon combines the staff and nunchaku like a tri-section staff. Ideally it would have 2 stance slots, 1 each for the staff and nunchaku form with the alt-fire button allowing you to switch stances mid combat. If that is too much of a design challenge then a stance slot that accepts both stances like the dark split sword does currently. If 2 stances CAN be simultaneously equipped and changed on the fly mid-mission I feel it would be a very interesting combat mechanic and make this a very popular weapon.

Recommended acquisition;  tenno lab in clan dojo with either the bo and ninkondi or the bo and dark dagger as part of the blueprint.

Recommended stats; in staff / nunchaku form

Damage - radiation 100 / 50

Status - 30% / 5%

Critical chance - 5% / 30%

Attack speed - 0.9 / 1.20

Summery; Slow and strong with a high status change in staff form or fast and crit heavy in nunchaku form. Tenno! Are you flexible enough to master this versatile weapon?

Shintaihttp://growlydave.deviantart.com/art/Name-Shintai-Faction-Tenno-Orokin-669384295

Name: Shintai

Faction: Tenno/Orokin

Description: A soul from the void, bound to blade by Orokin hand. A short double bladed polearm with large hook blades it may also be broken down into twin swords.

The blades surface is adorned with glowing runes and wrapped in sacred texts.

Due to the size and the shape of the blades they should be slower to swing and deal a good amount of slash and puncture damage.

The polearm variation should use the "Bleeding Willow" stands while the sword variation is meant to be held towards the end of the handle and uses the Swirling Tiger stance.

Edited by (PS4)Kitsune_shadow
Found correct link.

3 hours ago, The_B00b3n said:

This is the first serious model I ever made, I hope you will enjoy it.

Name: Bruktos.

Faction: Grineer.

Grip Type: Fists.

Description: Innate Impact Damage, slow Attack Speed, performing a charged attack will stretch the fists damaging further enemies, fits with Fracturing Wind Stance Mod.

adceac5c34.png

I like it but I don't get it's design, where does the fist go? In?

On 14/03/2017 at 4:52 AM, (Xbox One)Council Six said:

Thanks for the amazing Admin work, Megan! Please accept my contest submission below.

Weapon Name: Baransu

Faction: Orokin

Weapon Grip: Sparring (Hirudo, Obex, Kogake)

Brief Description: The twelve orbs of the Baransu are linked by magnetic tethers and controlled by the neural synapses sent to the wearer’s palms that are then decoded by the gloves to initiate movement. Created after the discovery of the surviving children from the Zariman Ten Zero wreckage to harness and strengthen their void abilities, these kinetic orbs were originally used as a tool for meditative practices. In the hands of an experienced Tenno, however, these high impact orbs are able to deliver powerful short-range attacks and sweeping strikes.

baransu_v3_by_councilsix-db28ery.jpg

If you like my  design please upvote  this post.  Insanely good   designs so far, guys!  (Shout out to Kobi,  Senketsu, LoveYourEnemy,  EternalDrk Mako, SilverBones)

i want this so much...

So no design yet, I will make some sketches soon but here is my idea:

Name: Viracocha? (Name of ancient inca god of creation)

Weapon type: Bladed Bolas

Grip/Stance type: New Stance type! "Inca Rider"

Faction: Tenno

The Viracocha is a weaponized version of an ancient hunting Bolas used during peaceful times. The Viracocha was built during the early times of the war and proved to be a savage killing tool, sometimes leaving rows of Oriikin heads strewn about without a visible Tenno in range.

Inca Rider - Stance utilizing spinning slashes, trips and felling throws

(Without stance) Weapon is spun in hand while idle, slashes come down from the right, spin across the mid section, diagonal down from left to right, ending with a leg sweep.

Charging the weapon will throw weapon, temporarily immobilizing first enemy hit. walking up to the enemy stunned will allow you to preform a special finisher that spins the enemy like a top while pulling the bolas loose. Also causes slash proc upon hitting with throw. Headshot has chance of decapitation.

Used Photoshop for first mock up... not too terrible i think...QvUN4Ty.jpg

Edited by (PS4)C_Dub_87
Added Images

http://imgur.com/hyfeQQo

I have made a staff weapon that you can decide if it will be a infested ancient arm grapple thing or a mini Inaros stun. I have yet to make a name because the DE's are all so creative with their names. I'm entering for fun but before this I thought there would be multiple winners becuase that's what my friend said but after that I learned otherwise. This was definitely fun and I hope everyone likes it. 

Side note: if you have looked at the drawing the aoe cone stun will have the same status as the weapon has so if you have 70% status chance then the stun will have a 70% chance of procing whatever status dmg you have on the weapon.

P.S I THANK ANYONE FOR EVEN READING THIS

Edited by (PS4)RegiFisher

Faction: Infested (Claws)

Brief Description: Being made of bone and infested flesh, these Razor-sharp claws can tear apart whomever is unfortunate enough to find themselves in there path.

VeQ4qfP.png

Edited by Epynidezate
Fix Description

Faction: Orokin
Description: (Claws grip) An ancient weapon lost to the seeds of time. These traditional war fans were once known to slice through endless platoons with an unstoppable dance of wind and blades.

Artwork:

Ffmc2xO.pnghQP9IZU.png

Spoiler

Side note: This is a 3D modeled concept, I hope that's alright. It's also a prime weapon, which I also hope is okay. As I was modeling it, I realized it had too much detail style-wise to be considered a normal weapon so I just went with it. The colors may seem a bit silly but I wanted to be sure people knew where the color tints were separated. Also, I wanted to give it an attachment of some kind, so that dangle bit you see is what I call the Luna Sugatra weapon accessory. All made in ZBrush except for my silly sketches. :3 Hope you guys like it~

CRUEL 

Faction: grineer

Description; blade and whip melee, it takes the form of an arabian blade and scythe end like, the blade swings in the oposite side of the point head of the blade, it´s hook´s rope is made  of energy. 

History: firstly found by the grineer in the arid ruins in mars, and addapted for grineer purposes.

cruel_warframe_melee_contest_by_bluedrag

7 hours ago, (PS4)Kitsune_shadow said:

Shintaihttp://growlydave.deviantart.com/art/Name-Shintai-Faction-Tenno-Orokin-669384295

Name: Shintai

Faction: Tenno/Orokin

Description: A soul from the void, bound to blade by Orokin hand. A short double bladed polearm with large hook blades it may also be broken down into twin swords.

The blades surface is adorned with glowing runes and wrapped in sacred texts.

Due to the size and the shape of the blades they should be slower to swing and deal a good amount of slash and puncture damage.

The polearm variation should use the "Bleeding Willow" stands while the sword variation is meant to be held towards the end of the handle and uses the Swirling Tiger stance.

I would like to upload an actual image, but all I get is the link text. Someone help please.