Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

On 3/3/2017 at 0:59 PM, Shufly said:

The weapon: Spahd (Spade)

Stance/Weapon-style: Heavy Blade

Faction: Grineer

Background: Created to honor Grineer of high standing. This shovel (or spade) has been reproduced in remembrance that even the lowliest of Grineer are capable of incredible feats and to commemorate the first known victory over the Sentients by Grineer "forces". This enhanced workers tool comes with Plasma blade tips that cut through ore and rock just as well as it does the wielders foes.

Edit=(I'll be posting some more refined stuff once I can find a scanner. Sorry but the S#&$ drawings will have to do for now till I can get my tablet going). Gotta use that two picture limit!
Edit 2: here's something more fancy... I'll probably edit one more time after this to show a complete concept (after I erase one of the two pics)

i dig this

Weapons: Ivory

Faction: Orokin

Grip type: Nikana or Katana

Little is known about the history of this white sword. It’s very name has been lost to time. Do to its white appearance Tenno have given it the name Ivory.

Ivory would have a magnetic element and would have the same moveset as the Dragon Nikana and Nikana. Except the charged attack can project a short range horizontal slash that deals a large amount of damage at the cost of the user's shield. The larger the shield the more damage  up to ¼ of the shield per use.

-Name: Scylince

-Faction: Orokin

-Damage: Slash

Designed by Orokin, this staff is handled the same way as the Broken Scepter, using lengthy, deadly strokes to give slash damage to it's chosen enemy. The orbs around the next of the staff spin, and will spin faster if many enemies are killed in a combo. The Flailing Branch mod would work well with this staff, as the faster it hits, the more terrible the damage would be. 

-Special: Chance to drop more resources than a player would usually get after a successful combo.

http://m.imgur.com/account/gorlliawarfare/images/9p5Jo7k.                

Weapon type: Poison Mace Whip 

Faction : Tenno          

Name: doesn't have one                    

This is a bracelet that uses a Tenno energy chain to whip enemy's with a poison mace. When hitting the enemy in front of you, a cloud of poison hangs in the area. Damaging health to nearby enemy's along with dealing   slash damage to your target. Then the chain will retract the mace back to your palm. Hope this does not get  disqualified  due to it has no handle at all. Your Tenno holds onto the chain. If it does get  disqualified. Still love to get it's  design  into Tennogen. Thanks Space Mom !! 

Edited by (XB1)Gorllia Warfare

Name: Raitokuru

Faction: Corpus

Grip Type: Claws

Description: Derived from the Tenno's Venkas, the Corpus reverse engineered their own style of claw weapon. When activated these claws release three energy claws from both gauntlets to unleash a relentless barrage dangerous slashing attacks. Lightweight and deadly these weapons are known for their electricity and slash damage.

warframe_melee_contest_by_godinthere-db3

name: Shardual

dual sword / heavy blade(axes)

faction: Tenno

description: use shardual for cutting more and faster to killing your enemies to dual sword, and axes will make cut and explosion.

Edited by GoDinthere

Please excuse the singular image, as it's all I have. Also not my art, drawn by a good friend of mine at my request for the specific purpose of this contest. thanks m8. c:

Introducing the Hunhe; the gunblade that's actually a gun, and a blade.

Tenno-forged steel and technology merge into a powerful hybrid of short and long ranged combat; shortsword and railgun.

P7AkmH6.jpg

Hunhe has a unique charge attack; The user twirls the gunblade briefly before resting it on their off arm to support it as the scope rises, slowly increasing FoV as the railgun charges until firing, and is accompanied by a nifty targeting laser.

tl-dr; Slowly zoom in during charge attack, with a laser to help with aim. Otherwise, uses gunblade stances.

Edited by Pixive
IT'S NOT STOLEN PLEASE DON'T HURT ME

Name: Spiral Matrix

Faction: Tenno

Grip type: (Dual Swords)

Brief Description: The dual machetes were purposely design to slash throw the toughest of enemy's, its able to pierce and cut throw any hostile and seconds.

Primarily two handed assault but also A deadly projectile, when charge the matrix blades hurls its self to any target in its path dealing devastating damage to anyone it strikes.

it's also a descent defense tool when blocking the spin rate increase shielding the user from incoming fire, Drawbacks : explosives, flanks and flame weapons.contest_entry__the_spiral_matrix_1_2_by_war_by_hex_core-db34tjy.gif

15 hours ago, Lucid02 said:

Faction: Cephalon

Brief description: Dagger grip type. A scalpel and syringe hybrid.

Originally used for researching organic life forms, its powerful beam is capable of slicing through bone and flesh with ease, while also able to deliver potent medicine into the system with pinpoint accuracy.

Blocking then pressing the alt-fire button triggers a remote attack that stealthily inflicts status on the aimed target, determined by the accent and energy colors. Shades of red for fire, green for toxin, blue for cold, and yellow for electricity. It is possible to use a combined elemental damage type.

Finisher attacks heal the tenno and nearby allies.

7XFyG54.png

I like this one!

What I'm dying for is a musical melee, Brütal Legend style. It would be a combination heavy axe and guitar, the charge attack (similar to a gunblade) shooting off a burst of some kind of elemental damage. the damage type could perhaps be changed with the energy color, similar to Chroma, and it being a musical weapon, the sound will also change. The style of the weapon would be a heavy axe, but the charge attack would flip it over and strum the frets, causing energy to discharge. The musical effects will be different depending on the combo, and could perhaps increase in tempo as the combo multiplier increases. Being that heavy swords and axes share the same stances, an axe only stance might be released alongside it. This weapon would complement the upcoming Bardframe, Octavia, with the customizable sound options. I'm no good at drawing so if somebody would like to see this and can draw a concept of this that would be great

• Pectinaria or Pectina (after the species of sandworms)
  • Faction: Infested
  • Weapon (Grip) Type: Tonfas (probably Gemini Cross)
  • Description: Works similarly to the Telos Boltace and Caustacyst that it'll spew or produces toxic fluids when attacking or doing any hit animations of the grip types. The range mods only affects the fluids or venom-like subtances and not the blades or claws of the weapon. Not much of crits but lots of status proc, the toxic fluids either deal only Toxin damage(+ the Toxin status mods + 5/10% of damage mod and base damage) for 6 clicks/times per affected target or change the sludge or fluids according the status proc mod/build (Example: Blast will change the sludge to explosive-like gel while Radiation will be green and glowy-like). The blades/claw is affected by damage mods and status mods, but not range, and does mainly Slash damage. 
  • Story/Lore (optional): A pair of Infested tonfas that was inventively assembled by the Mycona colony as a gift to the Tennos who helped them. Crafted from a pair of wings of an unknown Infested Creature (probably from an Orokin-ruled era) and ancestor of the Mutalist Osprey type Infested, its main feature is the spewing of toxic fluids or bile from multiple tiny tubes along the body of the weapon. Its razor sharp claws and hard bones can easily decimate and maul the enemy with ease. It's unknown how it can spit out the toxics but the colonist claimed that the Quanta handle (or bone) emits/controls the tiny tubes to spew out the fluids whenever and wherever the Wielder(Tenno) use it.

UTpkAgJ.jpg

Twin Tweedles (obligatory silly working title)
Dual Daggers with explosive package delivery system

uA4UdvG.png

Faction: Gineer
Stance: Dual dagger

Codex:
A skillful thrust with one of these daggers transforms your enemy's armor into a death trap.

Proposed Mechanics:
On a critical hit the dagger detaches one of it's explosive charges (on a ~1s cooldown affected by attack speed).
These charges attach to the enemy and detonate after 3s dealing significant explosive damage in a small AOE.

Additional notes and potential issues:

• The mockup model in the picture above is primarily meant to depict function, which I believe is compatible with a wide range of more exciting and lore friendly aesthetics.
  • If physical detachment of the payload is too annoying to implement the, hemispheres on the dagger could be reinterpreted as fixed chambers that glow when a charge is available. Another possibility would be to have both the hemispheres combine into a single spherical charge upon detachment.
  • Even though the daggers are meant to work with a fast tag-and-move-on play style, the proximity to the enemies would make them too dangerous to use if the blast dealt full self damage. So either no or minimal (tonkor-like) self damage is very much preferred.
  • As of now I don't really know how the explosive charge should behave in the likely event that the target dies before the timer expires. Exploding objects stuck to rapidly disappearing corpses seem a bit problematic. Both no detonation and immediate detonation (maybe even with an acid shells like proportional damage effect) are options, I suppose.
  • The horrible temporary name was chosen because when looked at in sideways profile the dagger looks a bit like the Lexx (from the trashy awesome sci-fi show with the same name).
Edited by ulkoko

Name: Gelidux

Faction: Corpus

Stance: Machete

Special liquid is sprayed through conveyors then frozen using the cryotic. Because liquid layer is thin, blade formed this way is sharp and cheap but hard enough to cut through most flesh or bones. In case of blade dulling or any other reason, special switch allow to hurl the remaining blade on enemies.

Special gimmick: Charge attack hurl the ice chunk away from the user in parabole. Hit cause chunk to explode in small AoE, leaving ice patch of frozen floor. Enemy hit directly gets cold proc. Ice patch is also formed when switching weapons, dropping on player's feet.

Weapon deals innate cold damage. Charge attack is faster than normal machetes.

UC6tWvC.png

My drawings are bad, so I modelled it for better visualisation. Upper one is equipped, lower is holstered.

xy760Gx.jpg

Concept is flexible to some extend, depending on scale it can be longsword, dual swords or even dagger/dual daggers.

Edited by RobWasHere

Sorry my first attempt is failed,

I can't upload the  drawing whereby i write the description:

There is n. 2 iron balls with thorns connected by a iron chain ( stylized design    o-------o).

Name: Headknock

Faction: Tenno (New Loka)

Grip: seems like Ninkondi

Features: great impact and puncture damage. When is keeping in hands the iron balls are about touching knees.

It can be launched and rotates on itself to returns to the player.

Thank You.

16 hours ago, -NR-Zewonex said:

Name: Thaiv

Type: Sword & Shield

Fraction: Sentient

Special: built-in channeling (for free) -> 100% dmg-reduction while blocking

Stats: 

Impact: 60

Puncture: 20

Slash: 30

Attack rate: 1.0

Crit: 5%/x2

Channeling: 0/0%

Build- and Mastery requirements: 

Mastery rank: 14

Ressources: 10 Nitain, 4000 Ferrite, 1 Argon Crystal, 2000 Rubedo

New ressource: Sentient heart (that shiny drop from the Sentient fighters which restores your health and energy) 

It powers the weapon with enough energy to channel for free. 

Thanks for reading! ^-^

I love the idea and the style, but pump those stats, bad status et bad crit chance won't do anything :/

Name: Krig

Type: Gunblade

Faction: Grineer

Description: Combining the super-heated blades with a miniaturised flamethrower, Krig is a formidable weapon.

9Od81Th.png

Krig uses the gunblade grip (High Noon / Bullet Dance) But when firing creates a heat blast with limited range but much wider radius, gun attacks always set fire to the enemies. Ground slam attacks create a fiery blast in all directions.

Finally finished my drawing :D

here's my entry:

Name    : Mitis

Type      : Fist

Faction : Orokin / Infested

Description : 

Used to be a pair of gauntlet from the orokin era, Mitis got corrupted with infestation. Now, the gauntlet and the infestation have bonded over the passage of time. The infestation in the gauntlet is reacting to the power that the tenno has and can be contolled as the tenno see fit.

Special feature:

Charged attack will cause some infested tentacle to expand and grab any enemy in front. The duration of the grab is limited to the enemy size (small/medium/big) and can absorb a bit of enemy health.

Edited by Horactius

23 minutes ago, Horactius said:

Finally finished my drawing :D

here's my entry:

Name    : Mitis

Type      : Fist

Faction : Orokin / Infested

Description : 

Used to be a pair of gauntlet from the orokin era, Mitis got corrupted with infestation. Now, the gauntlet and the infestation have bonded over the passage of time. The infestation in the gauntlet is reacting to the power that the tenno has and can be contolled as the tenno see fit.

Special feature:

Charged attack will cause some infested tentacle to expand and grab any enemy in front. The duration of the grab is limited to the enemy size (small/medium/big) and can absorb a bit of enemy health.

tentacles .... perfect for hydroid xD 

On 15/3/2017 at 1:10 AM, (Xbox One)Pagnotta90 said:

Name: STUNTAROS

Faction: TENNO

Brief Description:

My idea is to use the weapons block ability and not a shield. Playing i noticed that not too many players use the parrying ability of their close combat weapons and not even mods related to it.

Stuntaros is a one handed weapon which if blocking while using it will activated the 10 glyphs placed on the weapons blade, each glyph gives 15 armor for a total of 150.

However if the player was to suffer a fatal blow while all the glyphs were active it would fully restore his health and shields deactivating all the glyphs.

If possible I would like to put in more action that I forgot to include. Following the chroma Warframe model, you parry enemy attacks, the greater the damage inflicted by STUNTAROS.

with this I finished my ideal model.

vote me 😜

23vg6y1.jpg

Globular.jpg

Name: Globular

Grip Type: Heavy Blade

Description: This ancient weapon was recently discovered near a Sky Worshippers temple. This mighty blade was made in honor of the God king Inaros and struck fear in all those who saw it. Restored by the Tenno, it will strike fear once again!

Special feature: Radiation damage as base attack upon successful crits it will cause the "Globular" eyes to change color indicating building a charged attack that when executed at max will cause confusion and enemies will attack each other.

Status chance 25%, Crit chance 10%, Radiation damage 120.

Edited by (PS4)blackchapel78

Dual Kpinga (the Hunger and the Munger)

Faction

Tenno (Dark Blade technology)

Brief Description

Multi-bladed throwing weapons dubbed "Court Metal" and produced under the patronage of the Orokin--gifted only to the most elite warriors and considered status symbols. Increasing their value, a Warframe’s abilities add corresponding elemental properties and/ or radiating visual effects, thus personalizing them.

Each 55.88cm Kpinga doubles as a hatchet (Dual Zoren grip) or thrown weapon (Glaive grip) with a rotatory motion; regardless, inflicting deep wounds. The varied, projecting blades maximize damage to the enemy. Additional melees are possible if one Kpinga is thrown or, with proper timing, a player could “juggle” both, unleashing a relentless wave of thrown attacks.

The Bastet (Throwing Weapon):

Stance: Gleaming Talon

i did alot of sketch's in reality and it looked alot better, it was stylized after Octavia, i used Bastet as it's name after the Egyptian goddess but anyhow.

Base damage: Blast (like banshee's, sorry to sound needy but i think that it would make it Banshee Primes and Octavia's Own weapon!)

Brief Description: (i lost the pages i wrote on it oops also the picture may look bad but i only have paint and i'm not that good at drawing on it!) anyhow so the Bastet is my way of adding a strategic strong weapon which has a focus on blocking, firstly there are 2 modes of fire 'push' and 'pull'

Push: when blocking and using 'push' bullets are like turbulence pushed away, coursing a massive drop off on damage in a 180 degree cone, if you get within a certain range of an enemy it may get affected by the blast (after once or twice this may not affect the same enemy), also when thrown it may push enemies away within a certain area!

Pull: with Pull all the bullets shot at you are drawn to the centre (Explosives explode on contact with this damaging the user, Lasers may give energy to the user and Bullets are stacked in the centre getting around about halving the normal damage percentage taken off by blocking) if thrown it may or may not drag enemies into a line to be hit when traveling back to the user!

Pull then Push: my idea is that after using pull you draw all the projectiles into the centre and then push to fire them out like a throwing weapon combined with a Gunblade, but it uses what damage would have been dealt to the user, allowing blocking to become more useful and it may possibly use it's own status to effect the bullets shot back at the enemies, i think that the abilities 'Push' and 'Pulls' effects whilst channeling.

Why: I think that this weapon should be in the game because it would allow weaker characters to survive like mirage or ember and i hope to make throwing weapons more viable not that they aren't it's just people overlook them alot of the time, also i want Octavia and Banshee to have a melee and just a melee based on sound, also DE love you lots thanks for reading about Bastet (dream job: work for DE aha xD)

9r4vgi.png

Edited by necromoth