Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

Faction: Grineer
Brief Description: 
The Grineer mining tool "GRABLOK" is made to collect minerals. The gripper is equipped with a spraying 
system to clean minerals. The small tank is connected to the sprinkler and can be filled with liquid or gas.

The Grablok would use heavy swords or polearms animation grips. A right mouse click would enable the stab attack, 
holding the right mouse button in the front of the enemy, would grab them and spray them with acid or gas, 
at the same they would be used as human shields. Once the button is released, the Tenno would throw the victim in the 
shown direction. This could be useful to brake enemy lines.

- in combat

• Like 1

On 3/13/2017 at 2:32 AM, Ulquiorra313 said:

i see you are a fan of charge blades in monster hunter. neat idea

I have no idea what that is.

I actually drew inspiration from Transformers: Age of Extinction (Optimus Prime's sword & shield) and various anime, specifically FFVII (Cloud's Fusion Swords) and RWBY (Jaune Arc's Crocea Mors - two-hander version).

Lucermus (Tenno) Machete grip

Remnants of long dead flora from earth, flash petrified by cryotic exposure.  The Lucermus is a club of tenno design that embeds Razorwing Butterflies into a deceptively hard weapon with fearsome ripping potential.  It pulses with power from the Razorwing's embedded inside, and ground slams with it can leave behind pockets of dust that lift enemies off their feet if they aren't careful.   (Basically a small Spellbind  the size of the ground slam enemies struck by ground slam float away for a short time.)

And Bad art time...

FACTION: Corpus
GRIP STYLE: Hammer

BRIEF DESCRIPTION: A Corpus Hammer weapon with heavy electricity and impact damage.
When not equipped is it in standby mode (shown above the model) Where the hammer heads pull in, creating a smaller almost macelike shape, and when out the blue coils should crackle with electricity.

When using a smash attack. (Jump up and falling down and pressing the melee button). It will do the normal smash damage, but also do a cone of "bouncing lightning" over the ground. A couple of lightning streaks bouncing forwards shocking enemies in a cone infront of the wielder.

(I am a student of graphics and animation in gaming, so if I "win" (as unlikely that is) it would be great for me :) Still need to practice my art tho xD)

THORAM_zps3pn0luti.jpg

Edited by Tnecniw

When bard is coming out we need a musical weapon that is melee, like a gultair or something swing around with.  At lest throw some fun pun as in smacking a grineer using a rubber chicken that squak for fun joke plus april fool is coming up so better make that as in the list to have fun.

3 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

When bard is coming out we need a musical weapon that is melee, like a gultair or something swing around with.  At lest throw some fun pun as in smacking a grineer using a rubber chicken that squak for fun joke plus april fool is coming up so better make that as in the list to have fun.

Had an idea for a sound weapon, but I decided to go with a "Thunder hammer" instead :)

Faction:  

Infested (Blood species) i.e: Hirudo, Hema

Grip:  

Tonfas

Description:  

Rumored to be a pair of infested Kronen during the Old War. This living monstrosity may seem harmless at first sight, but once paired with a master, chaos WILL occur. It is said that this creature looks out for its master in order to keep the bond intact, but its unfortunate victims will have to look out for IT.

Gimmick concepts:  

Spoiler
  • Eyes open when equipped, much like War's mechanic.
  • Eyes open even when holstered when the user reaches below 50% health, as it "looks out for its master".
  • Creates an AoE of spikes when slammed, much like Virulence.
  • Each enemy hit by the spikes restores a bit of health, much like Hirudo's passive.
  • When disarmed by a Drakh Master, the weapon will create an AoE of spikes until it's picked up again. (but won't restore health, because it's not with its master)

lDGiXS4.jpg

Spoiler

3wuLowf.jpg

hmm, come think about it we do need a injector weapon like the syring or the needle from the doctor, accept we are going do science mad house.  We have a weapon already able to heal us if we hit them in the head, why not a needle weapon that inject and making them zombies like nekcros?  Oh that would be fun toy to use, probably on holloween.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

On 3/4/2017 at 6:45 AM, -Manks said:

I present, Lotus' Frying Pan

EXBcQph.png

Faction: Tenno

Brief Description: A time honored weapon against any foe, annoying family member, or cartoon cat.

Using the machete stance style, and dealing primarily Impact damage (with a satisfying clunk on every hit), it has an ability to stun any enemy it lands a blow on. Opening them up for finishers as 3 small birds circle their head. 

Once the battle is over, and the players return to their ship, it can be used to cook up a nice plate of scrambled eggs from all those spare Kubrow Eggs we have. 

5TH DEX WEAPON LEAKED

Faction: Grinner

Brief Description: Grineer Mace using the Whip Grip type. a brutal tool salvaged from Grineer ship-breaking operations on Ceres this mace deals svaage blunt trauma to its victims by shear weight alone, often sending it victims flying or at least parts of them.

this weapon would deal a ton of impact damage in a wide

arc with low swing speed but a high chance to stumble, knockdown or rag doll enemies

chakram_warframe_melee_weapon_concept_by

My idea is based on a modified Indian throwing melee weapon, the Chakram. This version splits for use as dual wielded serrated blades. A cool idea would be to have an alternate fire where you could throw it like the Glaive, but the real combat style should match Swirling Tiger or Gaia's Tragedy more. The Chakram has base elemental damage based on the energy color of the weapon (similar to Chroma). The Chakram also have a Berserker-like passive. When equipped, striking an enemy that is under status effect will increase attack speed by 0.01 per strike up to a maximum of 40 stacks. Switching back to another weapon or failing to land a strike within 8 seconds of the last will reset this counter.

Edited by (PS4)GoldenPants94

Faction: Tenno

Brief description: Is a Gunbai Tessen weapon that turns into a naginata/pole type. (Dansen Uchiwa) when you change the stance of the weapon. With the pole form it will use any Polearm stance. The Gunbai form will use hammer stance and could be used to shield some attacks. 

oK0l4Gd.jpg

Side note: The Gunbai part would flatten down but I'm not sure how to draw that atm, will try to think of a way before the contest ends. Also the Gunbai part will mostly be made up of energy so it can flatten most easily when switching to the Naginata. This idea also came to me while I was working on my warframe concept with tessenjutsu. 

Edited by mustache_kitteh

2H Scythe Concept

warframe_scythe_concept_by_iceflame1019-

NOTE:
The Alt-stance varieties at the bottom are not meant to all be used, they're just options for consideration.

I see a lot of requests for larger two-handed scythes.
I've had friends ask for one.

Well, here's a concept I scribbled up.

Drawing this with shaky hands is not easy.  I wanted to add more Tenno detail to it, but well...hands are shaking a lot... so this is just a barebones concept of how it works.  I may or may not add an actual Warframe-y detailed version later.  Depends on how much more I can tame these hand tremors.  Taking a week off from work is helping.

I'm undecided on how it should work exactly, so I added all three alt-Stance possibilities that came to mind, and a possibility for an Ether emitter instead like the Silva and Aegis.
the whole alt-Stance idea came from me drawing a compact version for carry, which then ended up becoming the Machete version.  I would imagine that for Machete stance, it just stays folded up.  There was another version of this with a Lotus emblem at the scythe blade's hinge and the emblem would actually slide on a track to lock the blade in place, but eh.  I'll work on that when I can actually draw lines instead of flicking the pen.

Edited by IceFlame1019