Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

1ZfDuGV.jpgName: Vangrehda

Faction: Infested (BioLab)

Grip: 6=same of the Karyst            7= Skana                8= Galatine

This weapon is a multiple blade sword. That sword is at the same time a knife a sword and a double hand sword. The form of the sword depending to how much blood it has (5), you can increase the blood by hitting enemies making slash damage or hitting himself with the sword slashing you (1-3-4). Increasing blood you also increase the slash damage you inflict to the enemies and when you make a particular number of slash damage to you or your enemies your weapon evolve in the following stage (2).Evolving the weapon changes his basics stats.

Maked with Aranbox69 

Edited by Radek42
Problem inserting the image

Name Sakara

Faction: Tenno 

Type/Stance Blade and Whip (i.e Mios or Lacera)

Damage type Puncture

Brief description: Bring the power of a star upon your enemies with bestowing health apon your self with this war torn blade and whip while  .

(Sakara roughly translates to point of a star) I wanted Sakara to heavily rely on the hook. I see in the Lacera and the Mios that the hook does not do much other than pull and capture the enemy. I want the hook to deal a fair amount of damage and be used to swipe/whip at the enemy. I want Sakara to be modded to a crit, status hybrid. Sakara would have life steal but in return would leave you more vulnerable to elemental damage. Id like the red to be more like a Chroma red and the blue to be more like a Wukong blue.  I'd like to thank my friend Ansel with helping me get the idea and help with the drawing. 

IMG_20170323_0800560.jpgIMG_20170323_0800381.jpg

Grip Type: Heavy Blade

Name: Yuan Hu Ren (Or best Idea)

Base Damage: Electricity

Hard hitting spin attacks inflict electricity damage. Heavy attacks with the Yuan Hu Ren Summon a Wave of electricity (much like exalted Blade) dealing 130.5 base electricity. Kills Have a chance at arc chains across all nearby enemies dealing 10.5 damage.   1mpP2s8.jpggmmfZq1.jpg

Edited by (PS4)kittyface50
accidentally removed picture, but they should be returned to their rightful spot.

FACTION: Grineer

BRIEF DESCRIPTION: This is a heavy blade chainsaw that is based on a Chinese guan dao (sword-spear hybrid). The handle retracts when the weapon is holstered and the chain does not move (obviously :P ). When the weapon is drawn, the handle extends and the chain starts moving. When channeling, the weapon will start to smoke like it's about to overheat (but not explode) and each blade on the chain will glow as well as some parts of the machine and handle. Attacking will give a sound of a chainsaw everytime the blade swings. A charged attack that lands a successful hit will guarantee a Blast proc and same when slamming the ground. 

Recommended stance can be Cleaving Whirlwind or Tempo Royale. Recommended weapon name is Dahas, which means violence.

Dahas

Faction: orkin

Name of weapon: gollidonku

Stance: sythe grip stances

Description: Made in the orkin era. This blade spins in the hands of any tenno who uses it giving the gollidonku innate slash damage with every cut. This weapon reaps souls of any enemy that has been killed. The black and blue ribbon were taken from orkin queens to show their hatred for the enemy .

HSd9Ux1.png

Faction: Infested:infested:

Grip Type: Hammer that Switches into a Greatsword upon slam attack and back to hammer after a short time.

Description: Slamming the weapon in hammer form detaches the hammerhead (pod), switching the weapon from hammer form to greatsword form, changing the main damage type from Impact to Slash, and changing the stance mod from the hammer stance to the greatsword stance. The pod then stays where you slammed, and spawns three to four maggots (like the Nidus maggots) that stuns enemies they latch onto. After about 30 seconds of no use, the hammerhead (pod) will reappear on the weapon.

(Images in the Spoilers.)

Spoiler

Small picture.

7Y3olpW.png

Spoiler

Large and (slightly) more detailed picture.

Ely7s1U.jpg

1 minute ago, (PS4)ginjer_ninjer said:

Faction: Infested:infested:

Grip Type: Hammer that Switches into a Greatsword upon slam attack and back to hammer after a short time.

Description: Slamming the weapon in hammer form detaches the hammerhead (pod), switching the weapon from hammer form to greatsword form, changing the main damage type from Impact to Slash, and changing the stance mod from the hammer stance to the greatsword stance. The pod then stays where you slammed, and spawns three to four maggots (like the Nidus maggots) that stuns enemies they latch onto. After about 30 seconds of no use, the hammerhead (pod) will reappear on the weapon.

(Images in the Spoilers.)

Hide contents

Small picture.

7Y3olpW.png

Hide contents

Ely7s1U.jpg

THAT... is a really cool one :)

3 minutes ago, (PS4)ginjer_ninjer said:
  Hide contents

Ely7s1U.jpg

Really, REALLY wish Dark Split Sword had the two stance slots like this.

Just make the second slot reward no mod points and let us switch stances with alt-fire or something.

2 minutes ago, Tnecniw said:

THAT... is a really cool one :)

Thanks, really appreciate it :smile:! I'm just looking through now, and there are so many awesome designs people have come up with. Super excited to see what DE chooses.

Also I just saw your submission and it looks interesting mechanic wise and very good design wise, would love to see something like it in game.

1 minute ago, (PS4)ginjer_ninjer said:

Thanks, really appreciate it :smile:! I'm just looking through now, and there are so many awesome designs people have come up with. Super excited to see what DE chooses.

Also I just saw your submission and it looks interesting mechanic wise and very good design wise, would love to see something like it in game.

Oh, you silly goose. ;) *blushes*
Yours is better. xD

Name: Dual Frahggii

Grip Type: Dual swords

Brief description: An ancient orokin tool that was used by orokin chefs to beat their meats with. The tenno soon realized that it was perfect for staggering the enemy and gifting them with concussions. Smaller fragors in each hand.When a charged attack is performed, the weapon will have a  100% impact damage proc doing all total impact damage (perfect for shattering impact) and will stagger the enemy for 3 seconds and reveal their weak points.

Plasma saber

Type: Sword

Description:

Forged combination of rarest and strongest materials from old earth made this durable fast light weight sword is great choise for fast paced missions. Plasma energy emitter helps alloy blade to cut easily through every enemy, even through heavy armor, all wounds and cuts will remain blazing and continue on wounding enemy. When attacking, energy slashes sounds. When unequiped, blade will retract and will be put on hips or loins. Blade remains retracted few seconds after equipping. 

So after scanning the picture it became extremely blurry and the wording is very difficult to read now. So I'll just jot it down here.

Here we have the Stella Mattino.

Grip Type: One handed Machete/Short Sword (i.e. Nami Solo)

Description: Return to the Medieval Ages with this classic morning star. Carrying with it a high impact and puncture stat, this weapon will decimate all in its path. Accompanying this mace are two new stances that appropriately display the archaic and primeval nature of said instrument. Iron age will provide the user with short bludgeoning blows while Cannon Ball transforms the mace into a weighted whip, allowing for much faster speed and range while still dealing massive amounts of damage.

IAZZC22.png 

Edited by (PS4)il_grande_falco

On 3/18/2017 at 1:33 AM, SalCronaz said:

Weapon Name: Kuralga

"Kuralga was used by grineer pathfinders specialized in tracking to hunt wild creatures and travel faster in jungles that had never been visited. The heat that Kuralga emitted caused the paths to burn like lava. For centuries miners used these paths in the jungle."

Faction: Grineer

Grip Type: Dual Blades

Description:  Kuralga gathers kinetic energy in its quartz-mercury part and transforms it into heat. Thanks to its small engine placed on it, Kuralga gains %5 attack speed with every 5 hits and the kinetic energy accumulated. Attack speed can reach %20 maximum. If you charge attack at Kuralga's maxed attack speed level, it sends forth a ray-like heat with high damage to enemies and the attack speed is reset.

Damage Type: Slash & Heat

32654787804_f0644a34f0_k.jpg

WOW. Awesome!

(lore) During the great war with the infested and the aftermath of the Black Beast, a legendary Tenno unbound by the Lotus and the other forces that pull them like puppets, stood tall above the hoards. She was a whirlwind of death mowing down thousands of the infested abominations with her swords alone. Her name has been lost to us but her legend lives on in these blades. The blades, that held back the tempestuous flood of the infested, long thought lost to the void have been found. Crafted by the hands of that legendary warrior using lost arts, Ancient and Orokin techniques, these are the legendary blades known as Agony and Oblivion. They seethe with virulent toxins and acidic hatred as they seek out their old master. In the right hands they are devastating to all forms of life. Agony was crafted to instill toxins deep into the flesh of any it strikes. Oblivion was crafted to coat the enemy in a flesh eating virus. Together nothing could stop the onslaught of the weapons. once even scratched by these blades it was only a matter of time before the victim succumbed to its wounds and lay as smoldering heap of mess. We have found these blades. Or maybe these blades have found us. It's only a matter of time before their previous master comes searching for her allies.

(Handles used are twin skana handles. Faction tenno/orokin)

Agony has a chance to inflict the toxin status where Oblivion has a chance to inflict virus. using twin skana handles and and unknown metal alloy for the blades these twins make for fierce allies in the face of overwhelming odds

warframe%20tenno%20blade%20002_zpsmuviuz

Edited by (XB1)Shadowy Reaper
grammatical fixes, added faction

Name: Dimachaer (Latin: di- dual + machairi knife)
Brief Description: Basically a split-sword (heavy blade/dual swords depending on equipped Stance type), but uses more horizontal hold in heavyblade mode. And yeah, if you are getting some Klingon vibes from it, you are right, although it has gone far from the inspiration source. Also check the writing.
Artwork:warframe_weapon_contest__the_dimachaer_b

Also it is a Tennogen-ready 3D model which is now uploaded: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=894109800

Edited by Raunek-Ka
Renamed the DA publication, link has broke; added the Steam workshop link.

On 3/22/2017 at 6:48 PM, Codrax said:

Faction:  

Infested (Blood species) i.e: Hirudo, Hema

Grip:  

Tonfas

Description:  

Rumored to be a pair of infested Kronen during the Old War. This living monstrosity may seem harmless at first sight, but once paired with a master, chaos WILL occur. It is said that this creature looks out for its master in order to keep the bond intact, but its unfortunate victims will have to look out for IT.

Gimmick concepts:  

Reveal hidden contents
  • Eyes open when equipped, much like War's mechanic.
  • Eyes open even when holstered when the user reaches below 50% health, as it "looks out for its master".
  • Creates an AoE of spikes when slammed, much like Virulence.
  • Each enemy hit by the spikes restores a bit of health, much like Hirudo's passive.
  • When disarmed by a Drakh Master, the weapon will create an AoE of spikes until it's picked up again. (but won't restore health, because it's not with its master)

lDGiXS4.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

3wuLowf.jpg

Most HAVE

On 3/3/2017 at 9:25 PM, UcanDomates said:

It would be really cool to have a nikana and a short nikana. In the past some Samurai's have used one long and one short katana at the same time. And it fits the games concept too.

The idea is lovely and it would probably torn out great but I just can't not correct you: the samurai didin't use the short blade in combat. I support the idea tho. Sounds amazing.