Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

Name: "Energy Tuning Fork" (I'm not good with names)

Faction: Corpus

Brief Description: An experimental weapon with a double-barrel energy gun in between two energized-metal blades, this sword can change between single sword, gunblade, and dual swords modes depending on the stance.  The grip-types would be similar to the Dakra Prime,  Sarpa, and Dex Dakra respectively.  

Special: the energy gun fires a short burst of energy depending on the mode: a short range wave in either sword mode (larger wave in single sword mode), large energy slug in gunblade mode.

Damage: primarily slash + some electric damage for blade attacks, electric + puncture for gun attacks.

Concept Art:

I'm very new to digital drawing programs, so I kept the concept rather simple.

(note, gunblade handle should be curved to be more like the Sarpa, but my computer & drawing program wouldn't let me curve the damn thing)

nSr03WG.png

On 3/3/2017 at 11:00 AM, [DE]Megan said:

(i couldnt get rid of this sorry)

tumblr_onltzfFv4o1umxymzo1_1280.jpg

My Drawing for the Melee Design Contest.

I didnt come up with a name :S

(sorry)

Its a Tenno weapon

An ice weapon capable of dealing all basic damage types (impact slash and puncture)

It is multi-functional, adding a different stance (Nunchuk, dual swords, polearms) can switch it. (nunchuks are just a rounded iceball at then end with the staff broken in half

Can shoot icicles like the Javlok or Ferrox shoots a projectile.

Its animation for pulling out the weapon when using either a nunchuk or dual sword is snapping it on the knee like an otter pop

It has a frosty air animation on it too

(thank you DE for the fun idea)

Faction: Tenno

Grip: Fist

Description: Fist guards armed with a ram and miniaturized Archwing unit. When activated (Whether by attacking or channeling.) the wings are extended to the sides and deploy blades to lock into the ram for added force and cutting surface. Additionally, the underside engine will glow when the weapon is active, releasing energy from the legs at the back of the fists.

The weapon uses its thrusters to impart more force into its strikes, a possible ability is for the fists to punch enemies so hard they are launched forward as a projectile if killed.

UGKRlxM.jpg

Edited by Exsechs

Name : Ares and Minerva (after the greek gods of war and strategy)

Faction : Tenno

Weapon : Dual Dagger

Description : Used by the Tennos topmost assassins, these dual daggers have the versatility needed for both close and range combat With quick slash attacks as its base combos, a charged attack will throw the spiked dagger ( Glaive animation) temporarily disabling an enemy as they are pulled towards you.

IMG_20170319_135514414.jpg

The "strings"  are made of energy and connect into the Warframes wrists which allows the thrown blade to be pulled back.

(Also my art is not so great, but the blue stuff is just energy, and then end of the blue inside the blade is a lotus symbol, and the spiky dagger should be more spiky for sticking into things. Also the knives should be longer but same width, like the dark dagger)

FACTION: Tenno

Name: Gungnir

Stance: Polearm

Description: The Tenno have always have had a extensive and unique arsenal. One such weaponsmith sought to recreate a weapon of history, and the result is equally lethal and fascinating.

Background/inspiration: This weapon is loosely based off of the Norse mythological weapon of the same name, and it namely has 2 distinct properties; it never misses its target, and it can return to the wielder. With warframe's release of the javlok and ferrox, it really made me inspired to create an authentic spear weapon (none of the current in game polearm weapons can be thrown). The main difference would be that the throwing animation would need to be straight; it wouldn't lose velocity/acceleration and it wouldn't arc during the throw. It would also return to the owner after a short time.

Name: Korosu
Type: Heavy Blade

Kosoru is a gracious longsword with slash dammage, it's smaller than Galatine, but it's faster and has more crit. chances. I personally think that the best thing to do for this blade is a new stance because it has to feel like a Nodachi. It would have gracious (not to fast) combos but you could do a lot of strikes in few swings so the sword would feel smooth and deadly. I also think that the character should hold it like a real japanese sword.:satisfied:

Special: On heavy stikes, the sword could throw energy blades (like Excalibur's ult.)

9wiIcV6.jpg

This I am submitting for myself, it is the Nakonda, what I think the material combination for it would be is in the picture. Now this one I was thinking could be like the Dark-split sword in that there is more than one stance for it. So the first stance would be for the Nunchaku, with the form of the weapon being illustrated in blue lines. The second stance would be like those for whips, illustrated changes are in red.

Nunchaku stance - The blades that appear in the drawing of the changes for the other stance are recessed into the weapon, causing this weapon to mostly focus on blunt damage to the opponents.

Whip stance - The recessed blades would come out, giving the weapon four bladed ends, and the cord connecting the two ends extending to give it the whip length. The un-bladed end would act as the handle for the blade and the weapon would do slashing damage.

Stance suggestion - This is up to the Devs of course, but I think an awesome stance to make with this weapon would allow ranged strikes (Indiana Jones style) with the charged melee attack actually grabbing the target. If a weak spot of the target is hit this way it would be an increased chance for the slash proc, but would also grab the target and pull them towards you, causing them to stumble and giving a chance for you to do a finisher attack on them.

Spoiler

AlvhQVD.png

Now, this following one is actually not my entry, it's my clan mates entry, I just did the art and I don't believe they have made a forum account. He's also very busy and doesn't actually get on much, so I'm just posting it for him.

THIS ENTRY IS FOR taishimoonshadow, not me!

Geratka (working name until Taishi gives me a better one), this would be a mutalist weapon, combining two sets of twin grakatas and a cerata. This would work like the Cerata for attacking purposes, but does blunt damage instead of slashing. The unique thing about this weapon though is that if you are channeling when you go to throw this weapon it will fire bullets and expend your energy.This weapon was more designed to be silly, because Taishi is silly and wanted to throw the idea out there. And as I said before, this is my clan mate's (taishimoonshadow) entry, not mine. Just posting it for him. This can be confirmed by AvianBoombox, one of my superiors in the clan, who was there when Tasishi asked me to draw this for him, I even confirmed the details (save the name which he still has to tell me) over voice in discord.

Spoiler

1sAa3cA.png

Fraction: Infested

Brief description:

This weapon uses gunblade grip, it has two unique abilities. It will shoot out a needle with string attach to it that will punch through the enemies in line until it hit the wall and stick onto the wall for a couple seconds then return. In those seconds, it will pull enemies toward the string then the string will release gas damage to them which is Dot. If it hit the wall without hitting enemies, it will create a zip line for Warframe to walk on it

warframe_weapon_by_phudovoodoo-db3zq0d.j

finish_warframe2_by_phudovoodoo-db3zq70.

Edited by 1OneProtoss
Missing first image

Faction: Tenno/Corpus
Brief Description: The designs for this Heavy Blade were recovered from one of Alad V's laboratories, meant as an alternative weapon for a custom-order Zanuka variant, using parts from a Frost as the basis. The sheath has since been visually redesigned by Tenno artisans, though the blade and function remain largely the same. During combat, the weapon starts sheathed, doing primarily impact damage; however, the sheath can be temporarily deployed, allowing it to buff the base armor of nearby allies within the same range as Frost's snowglobe. Deploying the sheath also changes the weapon's damage type to primarily slash.
Original Artwork:

6XpNRZl.png

Note - the designs on the cloth are in no way meant to be final - they're simply inspired by the patterns already on the Frost warframe. If chosen, DE's artists are more than welcome to make tweaks to make that look nicer and/or symmetrical.

Note2 - The Accent Slot (The crossguard area) on both the sheath and blade are meant to be prime-metallic. (PBR?)

Edited by TheTrueDeraj

12 hours ago, Regar said:

I must admit that my concept is on the edges of legality for what concerns this contest, but I wanted to do something interesting and fun, and this is what I concluded with something that hopefully it's not too out there to be accepted.

Name: Helminth Tusk

Faction: Infested / Helminth

Grip Type: Nikana

Description: Helminth asks the tenno to let him feast on the enemy blood, the tenno comes to an agreement with the entity in the ship, Helminth will help trough a piece of its own body, asking for the tenno to teach him the Tenno ways of fighting. Complete Helminth challenges to evolve the blade, in exchange, it will lend its power and evolve to suit you better!

But is the Tenno to guide the Blade or the Blade to guide the Tenno?

dYjWpIN.png

ok screw my entry give us this please

The Akutis Murus

Grip Type/Stance: Sword and Shield, compatible with the Final Harbinger and Eleventh Storm stance mods.

Description: The Akutis (sword) is sheathed in the base of the Murus (shield). When the blade is draw, the Murus expands to guard its wielder. The Akutis Murus is adept at both offense and defense making it a reliable weapon.

Akutis_Murus.png

My proposal is a rapier, going by the name of ''Irae'' (Wrath, in latin), though I had other names in mind, such as ''Impala'' or ''Damnatia''.

ubFnU8L.png

Faction: Tenno.
Brief Description: this rapier is meant to be the status counterpart to the Destreza, featuring lower damage and slower speed, and sacrificing critical chance and multiplier - in order to make up for it with two things: one, an unusual IPS distribution of 50% slash, and 50% puncture, completely lacking Impact altogether; along with it, something along the lines of 35% status chance. It is meant to be used by more expert players with access to combo extention mods, the stance, and things like weeping wounds and relentless combination, where the lack of direct DPS (low speed, low damage, lack of crit potential) is made up for by DoT stacking due to slash procs.

The design, explained: serrated blades are not a common sight in melee weaponry, due to their tendency to get stuck inside an opponent. considering that the tenno are able to perform incredible feats of physical prowess, including pushing and pulling objects with incredible strength, a serrated blade being stuck is no longer detrimental, but instead can be ripped off from an impaled opponent - causing tremendously deadly lacerations. In this case, I attempted to follow the tenno's duality regarding violence: they are equal parts graceful, and equal parts savage. this weapon is meant to reflect that - that's why I picked a rapier-based design. Along with that, the stance for rapiers features several guaranteed slash procs in some combos, and hits very quickly, being surprisingly good for this sort of status use. Considering how it was both effective and stylish, I came up with this design.

Size reference:

p6fE7ia.jpg

Imperial Prime
Faction: Orokin (Formerly), Tenno (Reclaimed)
Grip: Scythe
Polarity Stance: Reaping Spiral
Description: The Imperial Prime was used in the height of the Orokin's reign, Its proficiency wielded only by dax soldiers and used for high profile executions.  The Imperial Prime deals primarily slash damage and is a crit-focused weapon rather than status.   It specializes with increased channeling damage--the metal being specially forged to conduct energy-- and a charge attack that beheads any standard target with ten percent health or less. (Bosses are not effected by this ability).

Imperial_Prime.png

MA1AySn.jpg

-Conflict

-Faction- Sentient

-Grip type- one handed

-Description- A one handed sword based off of the sentient combat drones, were they can become immune to damage after so many hits, this will do twice as much damage to each faction after so many kills. and the way to get the parts would be to kill the drones. I thought it would be interesting to use there defense and turn it to an offense ability for the tenno. I named it Conflict because that is what it was made for. any more questions please ask, I would be happy to talk more about it.

Edited by Ericson07
miss spelled

I suppose I should see how well this turns out. Would like to apologize first for starters for my not so great artwork but i have done what i could with what time i was provided or rather what time i could find. I am a first time poster to ANY thread and definitely to this Warframe one so hello to all tenno out there. This is my first ever submission of a piece of art, more of a concept than anything, but criticism as long as it's positive or helpful in some regard is greatly appreciated. I suppose without further adieu i should unveil what idea I have before I blabber on much longer. I give to you... the Lunoxtus.

Faction : Tenno (partial bio energy tech)

Brief Description : "Blade and Whip" style grip. Hilt throws out the disk to whip around in the appropriate fashion with the momentum spinning the blades around the disk. The blades are coated in bacteria channeled and stored up in the crescent hilt then funneled through the rope to the disk to cause viral status. Normal charged attack is a hard jab forward, however channeled releases an small energy beam firing through enemies in a straight line guaranteeing a viral status proc but costing 25 energy to channel the attack. Disk rotates in hilt while holstered. Made in honor of the Lotus.

warframe_whip_weapon_design_final_i_gues

(the color scheme should resemble the black lotus flower and the design is as close to final as i could get it)

Slash  = high

Puncture = low - moderate

Impact = low

*Punch through = moderate - high

Wall ATTK = moderate (debatable)

Status chance = range from 15 - 20% preferably (creators choice to best suit it)

Spin ATTK = moderate (debatable)

Leap ATTK = moderate (debatable)

Critical multiplier = 2 - 2.5x

Critical chance = 15 - 20%

Channeling damage = moderate - high (debatable)

Channeling cost = 6 - 8 (charged channel costs 25)

Attack speed = 1.09

Viral damage = moderate - high (slightly lower than the slash)

Submitted for fun and inspiration, does not hurt me if it doesn't win, but would love to see this better detailed by a more skilled artist. Appreciate all criticism and thank you all for your understanding and support. A tip of Limbo's hat to everyone.

DEX DIDAO

AyBHLEA.jpg Concept: Brutal Machete versions of the Dex Dakra OR Extended-reach Tenno versions of Prisma Cleavers.

qEz0nhV.jpg

Each ancient blade is voidfire-forged from a single piece of deep space steel resulting in a beautiful pattern throughout.  Each blade has 18 Tennobet letters (9 on each side) to commemorate the first 18 Warframes to be released.

While Channeling, your Frame's particular letter will "light up" more prominently.  Newer frames will simply see all letters light up evenly.

Slash: 75

Puncture: 5

Impact:. 25

Crit multiplier:. 3.0x

Crit Chance: 25%

Channeling Damage: 2.0x

Channeling Cost: 6

Attack Speed:. .833

Combo Multiplier: 1.75

Stance Mod: Eighteen Butchers...named after the Tenno-Grineer close-quarters massacre that came to be known among the Grineer as "The Battle of the Eighteen Butchers."

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 7:58 PM, DragonShadesX said:

Apologies for the terrible art, I'm an engineer and can't art at all...

w825s9y.jpg

Faction: Grineer

Grip: Throwing

Description:  The pinnacle of Grineer Engineering, this thrown-type melee weapon will bounce around the room showering enemies in a hail of bullets.  

Works as described, it does very little direct damage but the Grakatas shoot while in flight, which is where most of this weapon's damage would come from.

Triple Grakatas?  Grakata Trifecta?  I'm bad with names, but after the Twin Grakatas were a thing I knew we needed a melee weapon made of 3 Grakatas to complete the Grakata-in-all-weapon-slots loadout.

Clem would approve.

Name: Arete & Aputitaq

Faction: Tenno

Grip Type: Sword and Shield

Description: Hearkening back to the old days when those before the Orokin were just emerging from their caves, this shield and sword combo evokes the prehistoric force of nature that enveloped the world, slowly killing those that were exposed, and preserving the bodies for all to see. Evoking the indestructible mountains of rock and the unforgiving cold of ice, this set will cause your enemies to shiver in a feeble reflex to keep their bodies from death.

OoabUhp.jpg

(hopefully the drawing isn't too incomprehensible or faded; please forgive the poor drawing quality. The weapon's essentially an ice version of Silva and Aegis)

On 08/03/2017 at 5:17 PM, XxIngridxX said:

Faction: Corpus

Description/Grip: Latest-a Is a Corpus Heavy Blade, with high eletricity and puncture damage, performing a heavy atack discharges a strong burst of eletricity that chains and stun enemies. (optional:  charge could deal  more damage similar to how Volt charges his powers.)

Latest-a was a Corpus prototype weapon under construction, i'ts construction was halted during an grineer invasion, the engineer behind it dead... a Prodman took it for it's defense, he got out alive, but now the sword lies in the hand of the Tenno, who knows now that the prototype is unstable and even more deadly...

warframe_contest__corpus_heavy_blade_des

I like this one. Design is creative but still what one would expect from Corpus and from a lore standpoint, it has puncture damage for Grineer and electricity damage because Corpus.

8hmXg4h.jpg

yfC4Xre.jpg

Tenno Faction

This weapon belongs to the Tenno, Ancient Tenno build this weapon, with long lost energy technology unknown to the present Tenno.  The grip is almost the same to the opticor, with sleeves up to elbow. Blades come out only when tenno punches, or when in melee mode. This Energy blades, can also detach from weapon when tenno crosses his arms in a fast action movement, killing everything in their path, and coming back the its owner.

Name: Odachi

Faction: Grineer/Kuva

Weapon type: Heavy Blade

The Odachi blades have been known throughout time as devastating heavy weapons. Used only by the masters, an Odachi was capable of cutting down multiple enemies in one fell swoop.

Now the one remaining Queen, will reinstitute the Odachi amongst her guards.

file:///E:/Warframe_MeleeContest_Odachi.jpg

Edited by (XB1)ZEAL OF ONYX

Soo...here goes nothing

Faction: orokin/tenno
Some Lore: The raksajjana (compound name yay!) was given only to the personal guard of high ranking orokin, particularly executors.

The weapon's main dmg type is slash/piercing with very little impact, altough the shield always does an impact proc after charge attack(see image).
The shield has a small energy shield generator that grants some extra defense (overshield). some parts of the shield also fold into itself to facilitate storage ;).

Umn58y1.jpg

Edited by RaginGoblin