Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

Weapon Type: GreatSword
Faction: Grineer :grineer:
Basically its a Chainsaw great sword,  whenever swung the chain belt spins real fast, and it makes a revving sound.
Description: "A Grineer logging sword, repurposed for Mayhem"
Name:Jat' Grakal (name subject to change)
Whats more bad-&#! then a chainsaw sword? a JET POWERED chainsaw sword.
Ripper chainsaw noise, and moving teeth is all thats neccesary
Colors: I was hoping for something like, a rustic green for primary, Amber energy, and silver metal bits all over, with the red spray painted on emblem.
Possibly make the Jat grakal longer than pictured, by just adding more length on the end where there is just chainsaw.
Have the combo multiplier move up 3-4 per hit because the blade is spinning.
Stats:
Slash:130
Impact:50
Puncture:0
Combo multiplier:2.5
Crit-Chance:15%
Crit-multiplier: 2.0

Pictures in Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Bellesk
Sword Design Tweak

Please make Dragon Nikana Prime already. Or that thing:

3 hours ago, Zahnny said:

x4zJErE.png

Nikanas 4life. Additionally, would be cool, if some of mentioned katanas, on power attack would throw powerful wave of energy, similar to excalibur's exalted blade.

If I have a weapon concept, and wish to partner with a graphic designer, is that allowed? I have no graphic design experience (MS Paint in grade 3-6) but have an image and a pretty in depth idea about a weapon I'd like to submit. 

PS. sorry for posting in the submission thread, didn't see a link for Q&A

Edited by SilverHelix
Question

49 minutes ago, (PS4)GhostSniper0631 said:

Hello good sir, I was wondering if you might be able to tell me how to create this digital art as I have some ideas  for the contest and you seem like you know what you are doing.

you can use ms paint or something like krita a free art program 

once you have it draw just upload it to imugr then copy paste image to the post you wish to submit 

6 hours ago, (PS4)UrOwNiNaBiLiTy said:

Wow DE just wow, glad I'm done with this game if all the money and time I've put into it over the years, finally gets paid off by you guys outsourcing your job to us for no monetary gain. How many artists do you guys currently employee? Yet here I'm a trying to find a reason to continue playing and what do we get a contest that let's us do your job for you. Hire some new artists and bring in some fresh talent if the heads of your art and creation departments have been drained of any and all ideas......o well all good things come to an end.....goodbye tenno peace be on to you, hello social life I'm back did you miss me?( most likely not as the world turns regardless of who participates in it, lol) but to those who do compete in this contest I say good luck and I wish you well maybe your hard work will inspire or lead to something better in life then doing some one else's job that intern gets sold right back to you.....gotta love corporate greed,😎

Dude its a chance for the Warframe community to not only have our own ideas taken in and granted but also helps the DE staff see what their player base wants to see more off dont be so negative

Infested Claws
  • Faction: Infested
  • Type: Claws
  • High corrosive n' slash damage
  • Decent status chance
  • Speed 1.0
  • Low punture n' impact damage
  • claws are bone
  • 2 frontal claws, 2 lateral claws
  • 1 living tail
  • central piece is like a Hirudo piece, but with bone parts.

Good luck for all tenno :3

Faction: Tenno

Grip:rapier
Name:Paradox

Brief Description: This sword cane delivers fast, brutal blows that tear the enemy apart. Every swing of this weapon sends a paradoxical blade of tearing energy punching through enemies and traveling a short distance further. A perfectly stylish slash based weapon to compliment limbo's upcoming upgrade. balanced crit/status. And limbo can always use another hat.

Original Artwork:

Spoiler

MtpR7t7.png?2

Original Artwork: Maximum 2 images

Name:  Abyssun

Description: This scythe/ Polearm is unlike many depending on the stance the weapon changes style and type completely.

Said to inherit the same traits as Nekros and Ember, this weapon wile channeling in scythe form will resurrect the foe you kill for the duration of your max energy. The lower its health gets the stronger it becomes.

In the polearm form while channeling it will have a 100% chance at fire proc, increasing damage over time.

sorry about the poor, messy layout

17121892_1253430624706920_843952374_o.jpg?oh=f8f6f8ded4461573e95a04d7c7c91208&oe=58BC10FA

Name: Named by Tenno (see description)

Type: One-Handed Sword

Description: An ancient blade from a long-forgotten era, it radiates with unfamiliar energy. Channeling increases power strength by 25%, increases Parry chance to 100%, increases disarm chance by 50% 

I imagined getting it as a quest reward, here's the end:

This weapon is so degraded that its nothing more than a rock when found, Ordis manages to compile data from his analysis of the weapon and create a blueprint, which requires the found piece. An ancient weapon, rediscovered. Reforged. A name, given to it by the Tenno. 

Original Artwork (im clearly no artist):

fAD7sTA.jpg

ilpz2Iw.jpg?1

Edited by (PS4)zenoe1562
added name/expanded description to submission

Faction: Cephalon

Brief Description:  This weapon is a prototype Cephalon weapon based on nebulae (Glaive). At resting position the glaive is 'holstered' on the Warframe's right arm, part of the weapon connected to the gauntlet. When in action the Glaive will expand in response to increased kinetic energy, causing it to flare out; the gauntlet is how the weapon is thrown and brought back to the user. The weapon would have Magnetic damage and Slash damage without channeling. If you channel while attacking the very first enemy hit will send out 3m large irradiating pulse.

Original Artwork: Glaive Thing

I decided to try giving art a try...

Edited by Azoj

Behold THE Tellimiur Mace.  (Telli•mirror)  Faction: Orokin.  Grip type: Hammers. Description: " A powerful, rare mace use long ago during the Orokin Era. It is rumored that this weapon was once use as a part of the Continuity ritual that gave that gave the Orokin Empire immortality." -Statistics: (Impact:53) (slash:NA) (puncture:72) (Status chance: 10%) (Attack speed:1.08)(Wall attack: 125) (Spin attack: 185) (Leap attack: 465) (crit multiplier: ×1.5) (critcal chance: 20%) (channeling damage: 1.5×) (channeling cost: 5) -What this can look like!yC43Vw2.jpgRequired matterial: (15-Tellurium), (7,000 Rubedo), (11,000 Ferrite), (7,000 Salvage) MR:8, 9, or 10 required to use.     -Personal notes: I want it to be large ( around the size/length of the Sibear)  It should have a constand radiant glow thats bright red (or the color of the energy you apply to the weapon). I also would like to have some kind of effect with slam attacks. For example the twin Basolk has a fire status applied when slam attacks are preformed. I think a similar thing should happen with the Tellimiur Mace but insted of fire it would apply a puncture status that would last 9 to 10 seconds (unaffected by status duration mods). It should have a HUGE slam radius (around 9m).  <Range of swings> basic combo: 3.5 to 4m-Spin attacks: 5.5m (stagger on leap attack)

Edited by (XB1)So Si1ky
Wanted to show MORE statistics and concept art! Stats were a bit OP so I nurfed it a little