Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

Just now, MTFAM said:

Not a good artist so really don't want to draw this.

The blade could look like this \/ \/ \/ \/

274271___PZtkAYLPKv6t3dYwmyE9hwN.jpg

The handle and hand guard could look like this \/ \/ \/ \/

icesword.jpg

Weapon: A Heavy/Dual Sword Hybrid

//Depending on the stance mod, the weapon will be in heavy or dual sword mode, like the split sword 

(IF a new system can be implemented, the weapon will start in either the dual sword mode or heavy sword mode, depending on stance, with the alternate fire button to switch between modes. The mode where a stance mod is not present will use the default stance for heavy/dual swords.)

Name: ????

Main Damage Type: Slash

Faction: Tenno

Just saying, It does not matter whether you are bad at drawing, just open up some paint program and try your best!

This is Famine, a scythe that is unsatisfied and deprived. It feeds off other life spawning health orbs from multiple kills, one will not be enough. It is unfathomably hungry. It is incessant and drains small amounts of health when held...feed it.  

Brief Description: Its a scythe that can be used with Reaping Spiral stance and is longer than all scythes with more reach, but is slower. Primarily a critical weapon and slash base. The health orbs only spawn when more than one enemy is killed with one swing. The Drain health effect I think is a balance for the health orbs and if Hema could do it, this weapon can too. When the melee combo is up past 1.25x damage the full blade of the weapon glows the energy color players chose. The handle is wood and the colors between the handle and blade are blended into each other with no borderline.

ideal for Health Conversion and slide attacks

let me know what you think.

3ahzfHz.jpg

Edited by (PS4)Chaotic_Mayhem30

Weapon: (Rakta) Dank Dagger

Type: Dagger

Brief Description: Enjoy the freshest of memes. (so the stats would be the same as the Dark Dagger and for the variant it'd be the same the Rakta Dark Dagger but it deals viral instead of radiation because it infects us all =3)

looks at theread.... looks at weapons people offer....

Defensive melee weapon. ...

uh sure yea offence is a good defence but... theres so much more you could do than just throw the next best idea at the problem....

infact tomorrow ill go grab my paint skills and do soemthing about it. Ill think outside teh rules and ad a stance that players dont use because tehy dont have the melee type yet but is allready ingame too!

Edited by Kangarad

*Disclaimer: I lack Artistic talent and/or skill so please bear with my MSpaint effort*

Mutalist Scova

17022304_10209140291724426_3746116790136

Corpus Technology fused with organic sinew. Handle with caution

Faction: Corpus/Infested

Melee Weapon Class (Grip): Nunchaku

Stats:

Attack speed: 1.33

Slash:  33.0

Crit Chance: 2.5%

Crit Damage: 1.3x

Slide Attack: 70.4

Slam Attack: 66.0

Wall Attack: 132.0

Channeling Damage: 1.8x

Status Chance: 30%

Upon inflicting Status effect on target, the weapon gains additional 100% Range (Infested Growth Blossoms creating longer thin strips like stranded Cord whip)and 20% Channeling Efficiency.

Slide, Slam, & Wall attacks are split 50% Slash and 50% Electricity

Stance Polarity: Vazarin (Atlantis Vulcan) [Or Debut with newer Nunchaku stance]

No other Mod slot polarities

Prova and Scoliac used to craft.

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

Name: The Scourge

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/scourge

Grip Type: Whip weapons like the Atterax or Lecta

Description: A nine tail whip weapon where the "tails" retract into or extend out of the handle depending on whether or not the weapon is holstered or not, the end of the handles has a ring which can attach Sugutras.

When the weapon is charged, the outer tails wrap around the middle tail to increase damage

Extra: It is a replication of an old war "interrogation device"

Scourge by Hpguy2

Scourge by Hpguy2 [Hand]

Edited by Hpguy2

Mine please :3/

This is Cemeti

Brief Description: This whip was designed for quick mid-range combat and hand-to-hand combat with stake addition. In addition to its lethality, it has spiked (and bladed) ring tip.

When blocking, it uses standard sword blocking animation as well as other whips. Note that the grip is two-handed, making it viable for blocking.

52573ed8e3.png

1 minute ago, wolverene71 said:

Weapon: (Rakta) Dank Dagger

Type: Dagger

Brief Description: Enjoy the freshest of memes. (so the stats would be the same as the Dark Dagger and for the variant it'd be the same the Rakta Dark Dagger but it deals viral instead of radiation because it infects us all =3)

Haha, only if man, only if we could enjoy those dank memes

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)yolo3000 said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwP1oKimi0ChckU4TnZHQ0xibmM/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwP1oKimi0ChZHhra1hTV01MdVE/view?usp=drivesdk

Brief Description: This are the "Dark Gauntlets", both Gauntlets are different in design and the left one has a special blocking ability when guarding, the right one has hidden blades that pop out in combat. This is a Fist grip/stances weapon.

Note: Special Blocking ability is on a timer it goes into cool down afterwards

this could ba dual gauntlet weapon for grabing and  throwing that would be awesome  good idea too :):heart:

1 minute ago, WarHounDS said:

this could ba dual gauntlet weapon for grabing and  throwing that would be awesome  good idea too :):heart:

Could you imagine that? A fist type melee weapon like the ankyros which are like gloves but it can also shoot blades, sounds cool!

9 hours ago, Zahnny said:

'm not sure how common "gunshields" are in media,

Power Rangers in Space. Pink Ranger's personal weapon was a Satellite Stunner, a gunshield, if you compare the look. It's what your image immediately reminded me of.

1 minute ago, WarHounDS said:

i can :$ would be awesome like how the  redeemer can shot bluutets   it would be interesting for sure love it :)

Like how Excalibur's exalted blade is based on his melee weapon, the blades that are shot can be based on your secondary if it is a throwing star or something along those lines!

Gauntlet type fist weapon. Uses fist weapon stances. 

Perforatta

3 pronged grineer punching weapon designed for manics for use against the Tenno. Used as a matched pair. The spikes extend on impact and pucture the target. Charged attacks and combos cause the prongs to detonate after puncturing.

Quick 3d model by me. a little rusty i guess.  

Edited by Nihiler
better description

I don't foresee this winning due to it being in 3D, but I got it done so I present the KROK

Faction: Grineer

Function: A grineer designed blade-whip to bolster the front line scorpions and lancers, The Krok combines the deadly functions of grineer blades and grapples into one package.

I figure it could be a blade-whip which deals very high impact damage (due to its large blocky design) and lesser/equal amounts of puncture and slash on the scissor attacks.

JoRMz7G.png

we got halberads stafs etc we need proper spears :/ that actualy have stances of i dont know but hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm well if u want some thing u gotta make something :D  anybody would like to help out a fellow tenno with artsy stuff ?:P ( for spear ,and dual katana ) 

Buztorque

Faction: Grineer
Brief Description: A brutal gunblade of Grineer design featuring a spinning sawblade(slash damage) similar to the Miters' projectiles rigged to a modified Khom receiver that is capable of launching high velocity spikes(puncture damage) that can pin enemies to walls.
Original Artwork: (Yes, I drew it myself)download?mid=2_0_0_1_1_ADDsw0MAAMR6WLo-TA5T-KynxAw&m=YaDownload&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1&appid=YahooMailNeo&uploadId=MjAxNzAzMDNfMjE1NTMwLmpwZw==

w51Cn1C.jpg

ltrtKF7.jpg

Nothing too fancy. A simple sword from the Tenno faction with details based on Prisma equipment. I call it Void Blade as a placeholder.

Its basic damage would be shared mostly by puncture and slash damage type, but its gimmick would affect that.

I imagine its unique mechanic to be a fluctuation between damage types and stats depending on enemy awareness. If you are completely stealthed (no enemies detecting you), the sword would have higher finisher damage, higher crit chance and higher attack speed. If at least one enemy is alerted, the sword instead gains additional slash damage and additional status chance (something between 30% and 45% total).

Made on 3ds Max. Hope it's OK for it to be in 3D.

Edited by Gorila_Azul
Forgot to add faction. It's Tenno.