Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, Wreav66 said:

Its literally Sybaris if it was modified to be a gun blade

This concept was made during DE's themed weapons phase, like the Boltor and boltace, and the Akjagara, Tigris and Redeemer. I figured why not follow along and make a Sybaris themed gun blade. hope you like it =)

13 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

can anyone tell me if i need pictures? nevermind just read it a little bit more carefully and found out i am screwed i don't have any artistic talent and i don't have a digital drawning program. You should at least try look at I suck at drawing real bad but I tried 

atJ7spQ.png

Faction: Corpus

Brief Description: The Volta is representative of the trade floor: elegant, yet with a small amount of backstabbing.

The Volta is a hybrid weapon, like the Dark Split-Sword, comprised of Rapier and Dagger modes and grips. It utilizes condensed electricity in order to create a solid blade that can cut through foes with ease. The Volta should primarily focus on Puncture and Electricity damage, with Status Chance and Attack Speed. If possible, the Volta should have a status-based special ability, such as 100% status chance on a finisher/charge attack, or regaining energy after a status proc.

H6RWsDy.gif

Edited by Bedchuck
added "grips" so that people won't gripe about my description not stating what grips are used

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)PlanBacon said:
18 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

can anyone tell me if i need pictures? nevermind just read it a little bit more carefully and found out i am screwed i don't have any artistic talent and i don't have a digital drawning program. You should at least try look at I suck at drawing real bad but I tried 

the only proublem is i don't think i have digital digital easel program and can't get a picture from paper to digital ether 

This kinda thing is right up my ally, i'm a melee user in the game i'd love to submit to this. That said please bare with me, i don't have a scanner so this is from Paint.

xbDKlj4.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CoSJSpZ.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gb96quC.jpg

Edited by (PS4)VorxDargo
new image

17 minutes ago, Dimcreaper said:

Many hours of practice, Photoshop, and then pen tool =D

I use some stupid app on a tablet because I suck at drawing really really bad as you can see in the other pic so I tried using a app but it's hard to draw with just a finger at least for me yeah I know both drawings suck and I should never draw again but I was bored at the moment and did both quick  I knew what I wanted in my head but I suck at art so the pictures I draw will never look like the pictures I imagine

9 hours ago, Senketsu_ said:

The Kanigata/dragon Kanigata.

ZxzGqiX.png

• Kanigata.
  • Faction: Tenno.
  • Grip: Polearm.
  • Description: A Polearm predating the Orokin Empire. It shares its origins and forging technique with the Nikana. Excels at killing your enemies at a distance

Kanigata Stats: 
Impact: 3.5
Puncture: 15.3
Slash: 35.2
Crit Ch: 15%
Crit Dmg: 100%
Attck Speed: 1.2 rate
Status Chance: 20%
Mastery Level: 4

Stance: Polearm

Dragon Kanigata Stats:

Impact: 4.0

Puncture: 18.8

Slash: 70.2

Crit Ch: 20%

Crit Dmg: 200%

Attack Speed: 1.0 rate

Status Chance: 25%

Mastery Level: 8

Stance: Polearm

I could die happily if this was added to the game

9 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

the only proublem is i don't think i have digital digital easel program and can't get a picture from paper to digital ether 

If you have a tablet you can find some free drawing apps and then upload it to a website I used Tinypic.com and then used the IMG code and posted it like a message then hit post and the picture came up they have other websites that you can use to post pics if you search good

Name: Pulma

Faction: Tenno

Grip: Tonfas

Description: Two larger blades attached together by a bladed chain. When holstered, looks like furled wings. When attacking, the 'wings' of blades fan outwards, striking enemies. Uses tonfa stances.

1h3oYXY.png

tkWOqml.png

I always found it interesting that although we received the short part of War as Broken-War, the longer part was left completely neglected and forgotten.

Thus, Torn War - the blade that never was. A blunt katana formed of Sentient bones, lost to the Tenno and the Void and brought into reality through unknown means.

YZoP8D0.png

So I can't draw but my weapon is a dagger that has energy steal. This will only happen when you stealth kills a enemy wihile channeling. You'll 2% of your max energy for the first and for a max of 10% at 5 stealth kills in session. My idea for the weapon animation will be your traditions finisher but the enemy will have a blue essence leaving them flowing into your weapon. The name for this would be Raijin and would have innate electric damage. Thank you for reading.

15 minutes ago, Zenophobia said:

Name: Pulma

Grip: Tonfas

Description: Two larger blades attached together by a bladed chain. When holstered, looks like furled wings. When attacking, the 'wings' of blades fan outwards, striking enemies. Uses tonfa stances.

1h3oYXY.png

tkWOqml.png

i LIKE this. kind of reminds me of Okami...Tenno Rossary! :P

Edited by DaftVenture

14 minutes ago, Worker_Prime said:

I always found it interesting that although we received the short part of War as Broken-War, the longer part was left completely neglected and forgotten.

Thus, Torn War - the blade that never was. A blunt katana formed of Sentient bones, lost to the Tenno and the Void and brought into reality through unknown means.

YZoP8D0.png

Why isn't this a thing already? 

Name: The Geire

Description: To be perfectly blunt, I am no concept artist, I drew this for fun in class and when this contest popped up I decided why not. The Geire is a polearm, obviously, but also has the added flair of including a gun in the head, not unlike the Sarpa or Redeemer. While whether or not DE will go for such a gun-arm/pole-gun (I don't know what to call it) remains to be seen, I think the potential for such a weapon is there. Or it can stay as a boring old polearm, it ain't my call.Here it is if you lookin fer it   Couldn't figure out how else to show it.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)BlackHawk1187 said:

I have an idea but no drawing.

Assassin Creed style gauntlet blades

Puncture style weapon , your main attack is jabbing motion

The stealth kill could be you stabbing them in the the neck and back 

You mean something like my Gammacor Armblade design? (see my post above^

Faction: Corpus

Weapon Type: Nikana

Brief Description: Are you a Corpus business man in need of some self defense but still wish to maintain stylishness? From the producers of the Ohma and Quaro Armor Set, the Mihuna Electrical-Blade Cane will provide for both those needs. Able to be sheathed for day to day usage as a fashionable cane, and drawn for some shocking deadly strikes the Mihuna is sure to reach full customer satisfaction. Using the aesthetics of the Quaro Set, with electricity damage this could add another "Nikana" to the game that will certainly be very unique in that category.

Artwork:

S0gxp7v.jpg

Inspiration: 

Spoiler

latest?cb=20140124180428

latest?cb=20170119002706

Image result for sword cane

as of we can see here my drawing is uttral crap but lets get the idea gone through:

it is a heavy weapon with the ability to change its elemental properties based on the energy color (i love chroma's mechanic)

it is a tenno faction weapon

possible mod that gives it synergy with chroma 

couldn't make a proper toxic blade for it because i don't know how to draw the toxic element. but it goes mostly like this handle looks mostly the same through each version only the blade made out of fire, electricity, ice, or toxic. dealing fire, ice, electric, or toxic damage. oh and don't bother with the toxin ment toxic. 

also was thinking there could be diffrent boosts or effects this weapon could do like increased damage on electric element, more block defense on ice element, a larger range & slam radius for fire element, and faster swings with toxic element. 

and what i was saying about a mod that gives synergy with chroma i was talking about a mod that would sort of combine weapons main elemental damage with chroma's elemental damage thus giving chroma the ability to  have combo element damage. and considering you require to have that weapon and that mod. sorry for my terrible drawing but i thought i would just try for fun 

Name: Arbitration

Type: Greatsword

Stances: All Heavy Blades

Fraction: Tenno (Arbiters of Axis)

Discription: This Weapon, though of its unconventional use, was a failure in the eyes of the Arbiters of Axis, because in their opinion "defense is not the best way to attack".

For the handle

For the whole sword

(Please notice that the second picture shows the sword in a defense and in normal position. The first one just Shows how the blade looks different to when the blade is used in defense) I thaught that a Tenno could use anything as a shield, since the topic is "the best defense". So I thaught, why not really make my defense the best attack?

Brief Description: Just like Silva & Aegis the Arbitration creates a shield. The Tenno can hide behinde the blades shield, which is big enough to cover the Tenno crawling behind it. It is used just like every other heavy blade, but I beg for its finisher, when enemies are aware of you, to be different from the others if no stance is equipped: The blade is pushed into the Opponent, whereupon the shield is activated, which shreds the Opponent! But do as you please, I would be honored if my post would even be noticed by DE. :)

Of Course I would like to give it a high damage, but make it slower than most of the other melee weapons.

What do you think? :)

Edited by (PS4)Neltran
Forgot sth to say

Brief Description: A trick weapon whip that harnesses the element of surprise as its sword-like appearance feigns its actual range. Using its quick melee will use a speedy, medium-ranged, directional attack. Equipping it opens the whip and allows a larger range of attack.