Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

I would also like to see a scythe, but a biger/ longer one then the ones already in game, for a more deathy fell, the one we have is so short if you compair it to ones seen used by meny dispictions of death, but i have no artistic talent

2 minutes ago, RedPandaGod said:

I would also like to see a scythe, but a biger/ longer one then the ones already in game, for a more deathy fell, the one we have is so short if you compair it to ones seen used by meny dispictions of death, but i have no artistic talent

Aww hell yes! All in for your idea man :D

that made me think of the idea for a large heavy sheald like gauntlet, on one hand, for slow but high damege attacks, visulizing it in my head it would not work that well with existing first wepions more like a hammer the way it would have waight behind the swings, any ways stupid idea on my part 

Any old faction: Runescape style Shieldbow type wpn would be nice, just attach a crap bow to a shield, grips like a shield, wpn has spikey bits so goes all stabby stabby, slash slash, alt fires like a bow/xbow, looks like a shield, operates like a gunblade.

29eli4o.png

Mutalist Dragon Nikana:

Spoiler

Derived from its original concept thread , if your curious on the origin 

Faction: mutalist/infested
Brief Description:

the once majestic dragon nikana has become warped due to infestation spores, its grown and evolved into something more ..

when the sword is drawn the sheath roars like an ancient and stuns nearby enemies for a short duration & area 

when performing charge attacks, the sheath will spew spores onto inflicted targets by the blade

dealing status procs of toxic that leaves behind a gaseous cloud for a short time

mainly to be used with quick draw single hand attacks to make use of the sheaths effect 

grip style is nikana 
Original Artwork: 

Design:

mutualist dragon nikana by DrkMako

Effect in use:

C6BGt37VMAAfy-O.jpg:large

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Faction: Grineer (Kuva)
Brief Description: The Kuva Scythe is a weapon that combines the Kesheg and the Broken scepter in order to create a scythe with power over life and death, it will have two forms that will use the Flailing Branch stance for Staves. It will have a staff primary form where the blade is distended and placed away, and thena secondary activated by an alt-click to become the full Kuva Scythe. It is adorned with a grineer mask and chained Kuva braids, and comes with a base red/black design.

kuvascythe_by_jaetherynn-db11v8z.png

Re-applying my old entry from previous contest which was ignored despite great number of upvotes as nunchucks shipped to China.

Not salty at all but yeah, I still want SLASH nunchucks. I can apply electric damage on top on my own, thank you very much.

FACTION: Orokin/Tenno

NUNCHUCKS, slash damage with blades extending on attack for extra reach. Extra finisher and stealth attack animations would be great, maybe a new stance?

ejoftl5.jpg

KhHBuTT.jpg

41 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

gRFrnKw.jpg

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

The best defense is a good offense! We’ve asked for your Melee weapon designs in the past, and we loved them, so we’re asking for more! It’s time to design a Melee weapon that you would be proud to carry into battle.

How to enter:
In this thread, submit original concept art and criteria for a Melee weapon (using an existing Warframe grip type) that you would like to see in Warframe!

Your submission must include:
Faction: Clearly label which faction this weapon belongs to
Brief Description: Include a grip-type and description of your weapon (max 100 words)
Original Artwork: Maximum 2 images

Need an example?
Silva & Aegis Original Concept Art:
kWPwBAL.jpg 

Silva & Aegis in Warframe:

Rwn5zy1.jpg

Rules:
●    One submission per player
●    Artwork must be original and not taken from other sources
●    The weapon must use an existing grip. Melee weapon types that are not already in Warframe are not allowed
●    Do not reserve spots in this thread
●    Only post submissions in this thread
●    Submissions that do not follow these rules will be disqualified
●    All submissions become property of Digital Extremes

Selecting the Winning Design:

Call for submissions will be closed on March 30, 2017 at 1:00 pm ET.

Lucas Hug, Senior Artist at Digital Extremes, will choose a batch of favourite submissions. You can see some of Lucas Hug’s work on Warframe weapons here: http://www.lucashug.com/warframe-02!

The Design Council will then determine the winning Melee weapons by submissions selected by Lucas Hug. Design Council voting will begin on March 31, 2017 at 1:00pm ET and run for one week.

The winning designs will be interpreted by our artists who will make tweaks as needed to ensure that the overall design remains true to the Warframe style.

The completed melee weapon will then be put into Warframe!

Good luck, Tenno!

So what about people who Don't have a way to create a melee 

I'll throw in my Rapier design from here

Name: Iris, as in the flower. (ignore name in concept art, was placeholder)

Faction: Tenno (lotus)

Grip type: rapier

Description: created in order to bring the likeness of the lotus into the battlefield this rapier brings both a fabulous demeanor to the battlefield and terror for enemies impaled by its sharp bite.

vzXv9kw.jpg

3D model for better visual of the hand basket (all floating parts are held magnetically in place)

tJQ62C8.png

Orignal concept here:

Edited by lightdragon64

factin:tenno

discreption: a hidden toxic arrow used by the tenno in the jungle 

its able to be thrown as a zip line with a 100% toxin proc and can pull enemies closer.a gleave like grip and can be used like a lecta,the charge throws the arrow as a zip line. the block makes a energie shield.

its called the shirax 

Edited by (PS4)xxkingryanxx533
no picture

Faction: Infested

Type: Sword And Shield

Brief Description: Using a Sharp bone as a sword, this weapon would deal slash and toxin dmg as base, The shield is a shield ran down by a zit. It would attack fast but not deal a lot of dmg, Holding alt fire would throw the shield creating a cloud of gas for 60 seconds, While the shield is thrown you change to a sword stance (the default one). The "sword" would be drawn behind the shield.

Just now, Methanoid said:

for those of us who cant, we might be able to inspire ppl who can :D

but its against the rules and disqualifies them o. o; 

Rules:
●    One submission per player
●    Artwork must be original and not taken from other sources
●    The weapon must use an existing grip. Melee weapon types that are not already in Warframe are not allowed
●    Do not reserve spots in this thread
●    Only post submissions in this thread
●    Submissions that do not follow these rules will be disqualified
●    All submissions become property of Digital Extremes