Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

Faction: Corpus

Type: Polearm

Name: Martha

Sadly I can't draw but i have the concept of a polearm with two seperate ends that can be switched with the 3rd Mouse Button. One side deals Electricity and has incresed Status Chance, while the other one deals a combination of Electricity and another Status, that needs to be placed on a determined slot in the Upgrade menu of the weapon. The Status Chance stays as normal (not like the electricity part). There can only be one Status Mod equipped which will change the Status combination on of the two sides. Every 30 seconds, whenever the weapon applies Status a shield will trigger for the damage dealt, which stacks the more damage that Status does, but it decays over time, so basically: Status dealt -100% as shield, Status dealt -75% as shield on top, Status dealt -50% as shield on top, etc. This passive can refill your shields but mainly of course overshields. The Overshield's duration is affected by Status Duration.

I feel like this does not only add the speciality of the shield to te weapon but also changes the way you mod it since you can only euqip one Status Mod and need to find out a good build with other Mods you maybe never even maxed out.

At least if you like this weapon you get a completely different Build from all the others with which you played.

Even if I don't win this contest, maybe this can become a concept art and will be changed into 2 independent weapons since I feel like 2 passives might be too much?

Still thanks for making it possible for me to participate. Good luck to everyone and may the best weapon win and give us all some more diversity and Mastery Experience in the game. :D

Weapon name: Jat Voktul
Faction: Grineer
Type: Fists
Description: These jet powered gauntlets allow grineer workers to bend scrap metal into shape, though like most grineer tools these see frequent use in combat.

More info: Jat Voktul has a special twist, kind of like a combo multiplier, the more you hit with this weapon, status chance increases and the weapon progressively gets faster and faster, the jets on it flare up more and more, growing brighter and hotter as you swing. (Now it's up do DE to decide the stats, such as status chance cap? Or weapon attack speed cap multiplier? Because they are smart, and I am not)

similar to Jat kittag, Jat Voktul's jets flare up when performing charge attacks or certain combos and ground slams.

I drew inspiration from looking in my arsenal and seeing Jat kittag, I'm like "hey, we have chainsaw claws....what about jet powered fists?", then I thought, we'll we have plenty of weapons, what about an industrial tool used as a make shift weapon, and so I thought, what would grineer use in scrap yards? and here it is...

I can't draw, so I leave that to DE and imagination, but imagine a jagged spiked end, with jets coming out the back of the weapons, similar to Jat kittag, that being said, I will apologize for the lack of pictures, as I can create cool concepts, but I can't simply draw them.

Even if it doesn't win, here's something you can have fun with! Food for thought. Thanks!

Just now, UcanDomates said:

Is it called wakisashi ? Hmm... Didn't knew *-*

well there are many types, i do iadio for tournaments 

but normally a bushido has a 

katana for open area combat full length , wakisashi short sword for more indoor and a tanto for narrow spaces 

there are also o-katana, di- katana, and a few other lengths 

How do I post a picture on here? ive drawn some art of something I wanted to submit but I had to take pictures with my phone because its not digital, so I emailed them to myself to get them on my comp and I cant find a way to make them appear as pictures and not links.

Just now, Snartlord27 said:

How do I post a picture on here? ive drawn some art of something I wanted to submit but I had to take pictures with my phone because its not digital, so I emailed them to myself to get them on my comp and I cant find a way to make them appear as pictures and not links.

use the insert other media option on lower right corner of post window 

Just now, Snartlord27 said:

upload to imgur copy n paste BBCode

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Lucas Hug, Senior Artist at Digital Extremes, will choose a batch of favourite submissions. You can see some of Lucas Hug’s work on Warframe weapons here: http://www.lucashug.com/warframe-02!

Your link is broken Megan. The ! shouldn't be part of it.

http://www.lucashug.com/warframe-02

Edit: That Paracyst art sheet is pretty cool, with all the different ways of mutating a Quanta.

Edited by Azure.M

I haven't got any way of drawing it, but i hope this is all it takes.

Name: Shinku (Crimson in Japanese)

Faction: Tenno

Style: Sword with Red, black & white plates. (Similar to the crimson blitz in LRFFXIII). There are some Tenno letters in it.

Description: This Tenno sword can absorb elemental damage while blocking, and release it with charge attacks. Curiously, not even the oldest in the system can determinate the exact origin of this weapon.

Edited by (PS4)Vento034
My question has been answered

Here is my idea - 3fold (dual-weilded shieds/tonfas/gunblades 3-in-1)

First i describe how it will work(sorry, i draw badly but i will describe it).

Block mode(on pressing block button) makes 3folds to unfold and block 99% of damage(yeah, more than sword and shield as we have bigger shielding here) in 180 degree from front.

Melee mode makes side folds  to look at one side making a solid tonfa blade in each hand.

On slide attack one fold on each 3fold slides down doubling the range(which makes slide radius = Galatine slide radius).

On charged attack folds make triangle shape forming barrel for a dual shotgun weapon that can unleash devastaing combo(with right timing up to 8 shots in a row) of sharp pellets causing heavy bleeding(100% bleed chance from each pellet) on enemies. Charged attack should have mid accuracy and no falloff(but pellets will spread a lot anyway).

This weapon meant to be mixed crit and status, 25% crit and 40% status.

Base damage is slash (80% slash 15% impact and 5% impact) on tonfa mode and (90% slash 10% blast with 100% status in shotgun mode).

Attack speed should be low but not too horrible.

Base damage developers will balance anyway so it is up to them.

Sorry again for my lack of drawing skills but here are drawings:

Spoiler

1) Parts separated

parts_separated.png

2) Shield mode:

Shield_one_on_each_hand.png

3) Tonfa mode:

tonfa_mode_one_in_each_hand.png

4) Gunblade mode:

gunblade_mode_one_in_each_hand.png

AKSCINDU

Description: a claw weapon that was made using the Blades of the SCINDO. lots of slash and decent attack speed with as a makeshift weapon wich is pretty effective [AKSCINDU concept art]

yes i know the art is very bad but i kinda just made it up and drawed a quik version of it. hope you like it

Edited by aronboy98
wanted to add a real picture but i dont know how :(

Here's mine, a mix of Orokin and Corpus design, I present you (sans artwork because I'm HORRIBLE at anything artistic)

Deigmor

Quick Description: Originally an Orokin tool for taking samples, it has been repurposed by Corpus mechanics as a weapon. A solid metal hilt projecting a blade of utter nothingness, a shaped, minute black hole contained in a quantum field in the shape of a straight beam. This weapon is capable of great damage by essentially causing 'external implosions' on any material that enters the quantum containment field, ripping it violently from its neighboring molecules. It is a graceful but vicious weapon, uncaring of who or what it destroys, hypecompressing them into a tiny spot in space.

Faction: Originally Orokin, but annexed by Corpus.

Fluff:

Spoiler

As the Orokin made the Infestation, they quickly found out how it got out of control -and they were very well aware of how quickly it could realign molecules. This meant that, if they wanted a way to fight it, they needed a way to study the Infestation without every single containment unit becoming part of the Infestation. So they created a new method of collecting samples, a pen-sized tool that could project a truly minute black hole contained in a quantum field. This tool compacted all matter into a tiny spot in space, suspend it in nothingness and contain it until the Orokin scientists were ready to decompress and study.

Then the Orokin came to a violent end. But their tools survived.

Naturally, the Corpus studied every little piece of Orokin technology they could get their hands on, experimenting to get a lead over the Grineer in their deadly arms race. Aboard a Corpus ship, while travelling through space, scientists constantly working to get more and more powerful weaponry, the Grineer attacked, gutting the ship and boarding. One of the Corpus technicians, pushed to the wall, unarmed, terrified and at their wits' end, hooked up the sample-taker onto the ship's battery, fudged with the quantum field emitters and promptly unleashed his new tool and weapon in a suicidal bid for freedom. While the scientist did not survive the encounter. time enough was bought that reinforcements pushed back the Grineer Galleon. Following the retrieval of all assets from the now-crashing ship, Corpus mechanics fine-tuned the new setting, improved battery capacity and added the ability to rapidly create matter fusion to generate the energy required to sustain the void projection.

Appearence: A metal hilt projecting a blade of energy. The energy is black with minor coloration at the edges, as the gravity well allows just a smidgeon of light to escape.

Type: Sword/Dual Sword/Polearm

Name: Zwillingstod or Gemino Mortis

Sorry for the terrible drawing. But the idea is simple a Sword and is actually 3 weapons. It can Split into 2 identical sword (right down the middle). the 2 blades can link at the handles making it a polearm or it can be used as a normal sword. It is slightly larger than the Dakra Prime and can use any of the stances from the above weapons.

Once again sorry for the terrible artwork:

QiuTRUL.jpg7zAnXXj.jpg

Edited by (PS4)DarkHarmonixer