The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

Thanks baldestrom for the upload help

uzzQw3I.jpg

Sorry my artistry sucks...

Faction: corrupted orokin
Brief Description: long staff (orthos) which can be broken apart into a dual blade\ax. One end does toxic puncture damage the other caustic slash damage. Spiked grip guards do toxic impact damage like many fist weapons as a part of the move set. Puncture side is a spike (boltor\bolto\boltace) that launches at enemies pinning them to walls. Slash side is an orthos like blade that does massive damage. When broken treat the set like an ax\dagger combo where the spike does finisher damage.

IGN: BigKeith24

Platform: PS4

Edited by (PS4)bigkeith24
Added missing details

My digital art skills are very rusty, but let's try :)

Z4EXvAz.png

• Faction: Sentient.
  • Polearm weapon grip.
  • Slash damage, same as many existing (Orthos, Typedo, etc) but I took the idea from Chroma's passive: Energy color changes elemental base damage.
Edited by Pagliazzo

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7v7nGJpzJ2KS0M3WW9EaHNPRlE/view?usp=sharing

Faction: tenno

Brief Description: A rapier, what else is there to say? It can use slash attacks as well since it isnt as thin as a normal fencing rapier, along with being able to potentially stab someone with the butt of the weapon ( i guess that means you can use either sword or rapier stance?)

name : baile or saltar (spanish for dance)

Edited by Nonsouris

Guess I'll take a turn at this too!

Bamas

Faction - Grineer

Grip Type - Fist

Description - The Bamas are little more than mines strapped onto gloves. Their slow, heavy punches deal impact damage while combos, finishers and ground slams explodes with guaranteed blast procs. Recoil damage on the user could be a possibility but probably not very fun.

OlZvKR7.jpg

Sorry, I'm not an artist :'D

THIS WEAPON IS ALL ABOUT ITS MECHANICS NOT LOOK

HSGfpCN.jpg

Faction: Orokin
Name: Somnia Prime
Stance: Crimson Dervish or Vengeful Revenant
Description: An old and broken weapon considered to be just an Orokin souvenir... hides unbelivable and ancient power.

At the beggining deals 50% of its damage. Killing enemies increases special counter. When 10 kills reached, sword releases its illusion blade and deals full damage. With every additional 10 kills sword spawns its illusion copy floating around player. Illusion deals 20% of weapon damage per hit. Stacks up to 7 illusion swords (80 kills, full rotation deals 140% of weapon damage). Enemies killed by illusions do not increase counter. Performing charged attack resets counter and sents floating swords to pierce enemies in range of 25m dealing 500% damage x combo multiplier.

SUGESTION:
This weapon should be Prime. Obtainable with reasonable x% drop chance from rare Orokin containers (Both Broken Somnia AND Somnia Blueprint at the same time). Requires Broken Somnia, 5 argon crystals, 15 orokin cells and 1 orokin catalyst to craft. Catalyst used to craft DOES NOT increase mod capacity.

Edited by Liloon

Faction: Grineer

Lore: Grineer soldiers get bored. In their time off, the Grineer reintroduced an old human game they call “akki”, similar to hockey as we know it today. After realizing that the game’s goalie stick could be weaponized, the Grineer attached super cooled Chlorine tubes to the edges of the stick to produce a deadly scythe like weapon dealing cold and slash damage. That weapon is called the Kolzig. The Super cooled Chlorine technology for the Kolzig was discovered in experiments done in the Grineer Sealab located on Uranus, where “akki” is popular.

Description: Kolzig is a scythe weapon and would use the same stance and grip present for current scythes (i.e. Ether Reaper). Kolzig has quite fast speed and deals cold and slash damage. Ideally, you would be able to see the liquid Chlorine moving through the tube. Clem would look great wielding Twin Grakatas and a Kolzig.

Inspiration: As a lifelong Capitals fan and just having a general love for hockey, I felt the need to introduce a hockey stick weapon. The scythe is named after my favorite Capitals goalie, Olaf Kolzig. I also drew some inspiration from the Tenno hockey jersey available in the merch store. Super cooling is also a real scientific feat that involves cooling a liquid below its freezing point, but it remains a liquid. I chose Chlorine because liquid Chlorine has an interesting yellow color, and super cooled Chlorine would theoretically be at least below -150 degrees F (-100 C). With this weapon I have combined three of my favorite things: hockey, science, and Warframe!

kgpIiqz.jpg

Name: Bucket of Rocks

Faction: Civilian

Description: "Yeah... it's a bucket of rocks, but have you seen what a Tenno can do with one of these babies.  Saw one protecting a group of civies once.  It threw this triple bladed weapon right into the skull of one of the big uns.  Musta had some weird genetic defect because the dang thing stuck deep and would not come out.  More of the uglies were closin' in, so with out missing a beat the Tenno grabs a alloy plate bucket full of rubedo from one of the little civies, and what came next was amazing.  It started spinning around breaking ugly armor like it was nothing, the impact could be felt even behind all the children where I was hidin'.  It then began slinging the damn stones just like it was firing a damn gun.  It was amazin' I tell ya... and I'm loathe to let the thing go for less than 2000 credits, but for a Corpus I'll make it a sweet 1500."

Stance type: Can't decide if Glaive or Gun Blade would fit better...

Faction: Tenno

Brief Description: A polearm scythe styled weapon, wielded by the older Tenno; it uses that mod stance to fit the double scythe style with the spin attacks.
It can utilize the existing polearm grip stance "Shimmering Blight", for better use of the dual blade.

3Itqrv5.jpg?1

Edited by Deathspank34

The Chainsaw-RD

Faction: New Loka ("liberated" from the Grineer")

Brief description: This Chainsaw was used by the Grineer to clear the jungles of Earth, but New Loka found it in a camp after cleansing it of the Grineer and decided to use the chainsaw against its former inventors. The growling engine is in no way silent, but the sharp chain tears through flesh and armor almost as indescriminate as trees.

Quite high on both crit and status, the sound of this weapon is alarming even on idleing, while going to a roar while channeling. Counts as a heavy blade and is slow to swing. The handle is from the Atterax.

The Chainsaw-RD

Faction: New Loka ("liberated" from the Grineer")

Brief description: This Chainsaw was used by the Grineer to clear the jungles of Earth, but New Loka found it in a camp after cleansing it of the Grineer and decided to use the chainsaw against its former inventors. The growling engine is in no way silent, but the sharp chain tears through flesh and armor almost as indescriminate as trees.

Quite high on both crit and status, the sound of this weapon is alarming even on idleing, while going to a roar while channeling. Counts as a heavy blade and is slow to swing. The handle is from the Atterax.

rPSoU2F.jpg

Edited by Styggh

Hello! First time on one of these contests!

Faction: GRINEER

Weapon type: HEAVY BLADE

Name: SUPPRESSOR

used more for intimidation than open combat this tool based on ancient earth weapons is used by grineer prison guards as a threat if prisoners do not comply

deals electric or slash damage with a high critical chance

(similar to the dual cleavers or the machete in design it is based on an Aztec Macuahuitl)

Faction : Tenno 

Name : Ryujin no kiba

Grip : Large Sword like the galatine and galatine prime 

Brief Description : A big bladed sword that can be used a shield.When guarding with the sword the player is forced to remain still but the blade blocks 30/40 and 50 % of incoming damage the stance used looks like the second picture only the blade is turned so it covers the body.(as in not in the direction the sword in the picture is facing).Also when channeling the blade for 7/5/3 seconds it gains fire attack status for 30/45/60 seconds respectively depending on weapon level.

Possible in game item description just a thought : Once a blade wielded by a legendary Tenno warrior who tore through the battlefields like a rampaging behemoth cutting down anything in his path undefeated only to fall to the greatest foe of all . . . time.

199d61b16e1f412f2ffbcb44ee7ce6a2.jpg

Edited by QuodInfamesUmbra
Added the same picture two times.

I'm usually a lurker but this time I want to partecipate in this contest... I tried to design my idea but can be clearly improved

• Selenar
  • Faction - Tenno
  • Grip Type - Glaive
  • Description - Selenar is a trowable shield with powerfull knockback. It's inpired to Selene, goddess of the Moon; using alternative fire it grants 5 seconds of invisibility (with a long cool down).

selenar___warframe_contest_by_alexanderd

this is a picture i drew last year i think but the scythe is what i want lol.

• Name: Reaver(melee)
  • Description: A two handed scythe that swings heavily but is light and fast almost as though time slows down. the blade brings terror to those who have survived enemies cower in fear by the sight of the blade both elegant and deadly as is the dance it gives.causes corrosive damage upon spin attack
  • Faction:Tenno 

• Clivic
  • Faction - Tenno
  • Grip Type - Staff and Whip
  • Description: This weapon was based on a pin with a whip When moving the whip will hit the ground and if there are nearby enemies they will be thrown to the ground
    I like with the larger whip part

TKcceyT.jpg7SGVI2d.jpg

Edited by IntzGunner