The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

Name: Dragon Staff

Faction: Tenno

Description: A simple bo staff with a deadly secret. Knock your enemies off balance then sweeping in for the kill.

Using a new (set of?) stances, normal attacks are impact while combos unleash a more biting edge.

Pulls the staff apartment revealing twin nikanas and convert IPS damage types.

1st combo & wall attack: puncture.

2nd combo: impact then slash.

3rd: impact, slash, then puncture.

Spin attack: pure slash damage.

Stealth: impale in back w/1 blade, throat slit with other blade

Ground slam: impact based. 100% chance knockback.

Air attack: dual blade slash.

Visually a Bo with some ornate central decoration. The opening animation twists slightly then draws the handles apart from the centre out to the ends, revealing the blades.

2 minutes ago, Paegus said:

Name: Dragon Staff

Description: A simple bo staff with a deadly secret. Knock your enemies off balance then sweeping in for the kill.

Using a new (set of?) stances, normal attacks are impact while combos unleash a more biting edge.

Pulls the staff apartment revealing twin nikanas and convert IPS damage types.

1st combo & wall attack: puncture.

2nd combo: impact then slash.

3rd: impact, slash, then puncture.

Spin attack: pure slash damage.

Stealth: impale in back w/1 blade, throat slit with other blade

Ground slam: impact based. 100% chance knockback.

Air attack: dual blade slash.

Visually a Bo with some ornate central decoration. The opening animation twists slightly then draws the handles apart from the centre out to the ends, revealing the blades.

hmm could it shoot out fireballs?

I know gave another idea before but I couldn't resist so I'm giving two.

Dragon Breathe

Brief description: the dragon breathe is a pair of gauntlets that cover the full fist. It does impact damage as well as having a chance to cause fire damage over time. This beautiful weapon was created in honor of mythological chinese dragons and it's a very rare weapon to see in the battlefield due to its complicated design and construction.

The Dragon Breathe has a passive ability, when aiming down the sight, instead of throwing punches, this magnificent weapon functions as a very short range flamethrower that causes damage over time.

Different from other fist styled weapons, due to its size and weight, and not having any thrusters, this weapon lacks of high speed on hit.

Design= similar to kratos fists but not to bulky and instead of lions Chinese dragon heads. Sorry but it won't let me put images.

Hope you like it ;) give your feedback to keep improving 

Edited by (XB1)TestIplayer
No images

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BxfrTMSxrkQ_ZVVfWGM0NFgza1k

Hi this is my first contest well m not very good at drawing but still i tried to give it a shot hope u like it.

Faction: Tenno

Brief Description: This is slash based melee weapon, it can be used as a single & dual weapon, this gives massive damage to grineer and cut through half's , the more you kill the blade glows with a blood rush.This is a well balanced ad heavy kill weaponry.

Special : This can also be thrown to the enemy's and give u a kill shot with a few percent of health regeneration. 

I will add art as soon as I can but I want to get this down first.

Faction : Tenno

Name: Armanax

Brief Description: "Used in Tenno ceremonies, this blade's finesse hides its deadly purpose" A traditional Poleaxe with a spear tip and Lotus decal on blade. This would be classified within the heavy blades category, and would best utilize long sweeping and downward strikes.  It would deal primarily slash and impact damage, but next to the Gram it would deal the lowest comparative damage to the others, instead relying on it's speed, critical chance, and alt to make a devastating weapon in the right hands. It's alt fire would trigger a charging thrust attack, impaling its victim (up to a total of three possible) and pushing it/them a short way.. (Would work well with Cleaving Whirlwind, but a new stance wouldn't be out of the question...)

thank you for your feedback! I look forward to the results!

Edited by Aleksundar

Name :  Blackleg and Virulence

Faction :  Infested

Weapon Grip :  Shield + Weapon

Many Tenno were perplexed as to how the defectors defended themselves amongst the infected Grineer frigates in the far reaches of space. It was found that the weaponry amongst the ship was twisted and diseased beyond any recognition, turning into vile and grotesque malformations of war.

Virulence

-Consists of a Grineer style grip, where the tentacles latch onto the hosts hand from above.

-Chain portion connecting to the flail is of a fleshy, sinewy, almost tendon like mass.

-Ball portion is of a massive crusted grotesque flesh with Tentacles acting as the "spikes" of the fail, squirming around as the wielding swings with abandon.

Blackleg

-Grineer-style tower shield mostly corrupted, yet pieces still remain.

-The main portion of the corruption portion cosists of a scabbed over, hardened carapace, breaking the limbs of those who dare strike with ease.

Sorry for the potato quality pic and mock-up. Leaving for a vacation soon and hastily whipped it up.

Edited by DrSmackdownMD
(Mixed up the names of the weapons!)

I would LOVE a MASSIVE (like twice the size or more of sibear) in the shape of a fist. Its super slow but does massive impact damage, no slash and no puncture.

I felt the maces we have are not bad but...i want a huge F-off mace, something that feels heavy. A paladin type mace but HUGE and in a golden fist, i think that would be fitting. If anyone want to use my idea i am totally fine with that.

6 hours ago, TennoMLP said:

How do you attach a picture to the thread?

- First you have to upload your image to an image hosting platform (most people appear to be using Imgur).

- Then you get the direct link to the image. Copy said link.

- Then you go back to the forums- When creating a post, there is this button on the lower right which reads "Insert other media"

- Choose "insert image from URL" and paste the link. done.

6 hours ago, (Xbox One)vulcan2312 said:

how long do we get?

Topic will be automatically locked March 30, 2017 at 07:00 PM

So.... till 30th march. There's plenty of time left.

Faction: Tenno (roughly), inspired by Feyarch skins.
Brief Description: The blade is inscribed with a Tenno power mantra and fails to be attached to a snath but its long lost Orokin part or the plant growth that has absorbed the energy now. The blade is superbly sharp and surprisingly heavy, allowing its user to slash enemies (primary dmg. type) and swing its blade in a 360 degree arc when prepared properly (charge attack). [To be honest, I could see the weapon using a heavy weapon stance OR the scythe stances, but the latter is most likely preferable].
Original Artwork: Maximum 2 images

j1kC76k.jpg

Edited by Artesians

I wish i could make S#&$ lol i would make duel weld dex dakra verient that is a redesigned version of oblivion@ oathkeeper from kingdom hearts with a stance called darkness's demise with large sweeping combos with a power move when u flow energy through it ***note the weapon would keep up with the combo counter and have a meter like nidus***And the weapons could be throwable like the silvia and aegis but the combos would change when its away from the warframe and could be used by the operator        i know alot of rambling

Ok, This is my idea, however before I go into that, let me say now I can't draw for my life, but I did the best I could to represent what my idea is. Hopefully these links will show the pictures of my drawings, but regardless I'll explain the weapon in detail: 

Basically, the weapon is a pair of armlets or gauntlets that have a single extendable/retractable blade attached to the outer side of each of the wearer's forearms. When activated, the blades will extend outward, where they can be used for slashing/stabbing to cause damage to enemies, and when deactivated they will retract back so they will be out of the way of the wearer. Ideally, it would be visually stunning to see the blade be able to extend past the wearer's elbows, when they are retracted, and not in use. This weapon, by design alone, has the potential to use dual sword stances, claw stances, or even fist stances by default, although there's always room to experiment. It would be nice to see the Tenno version of this weapon be able to utilize backhanded slashes with puncturing punches to enemies. Also, as can be seen in the pictures ( I apologize if they aren't very clear, the camera had a hard time focusing on the drawings, that's why I took multiple photos), I have given options for each faction to have its own unique variant of the weapon (except for infested, as that would have been too complex for me to draw out), and have subsequently named the weapon for each faction. As such: The Grineer version, if that were chosen could be called the Phalanx, the Tenno version, I gave the name Nikandros ( I was thinking of a cross between Nikana, and Orthos), and the Corpus version I named Lexitron. Each one is styled to what I felt would fit into each respective faction. Note that the Grineer version has etches or maybe holes cut into the blade (for easier slicing) and the tip of the blade is broadened out. The Corpus version I felt would resemble a bit like Broken War on its blade design, but that can easily be changed, and the Tenno version I thought of the traditional Japanese Katana style of blade, but pointed on both ends to emphasize its beauty and deadliness. either way, enough rambling, please feel free to comment on my idea, and Good Luck to everyone with their submissions.

IMAGES OF MY DRAWINGS:

Picture 1:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=881237674

Picture 2:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=881238176

Picture 3:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=881238667

Picture 4:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=881238976

https://goo.gl/photos/Je7LjbZ22EfpJN13A 

This is spikey ball n chain,  that gains range upon hitting crits. It has a hip holster position. With its increasing range makes it a good choice for crowd controll.  It also has a 10% chance to knockdown enemies. It also has innate blast damage,  and is even amount of impact and slash. This is a grineer weapon. 

Here is my design.

uWBeTsS.png

GlN1nnP.png

Weapon name: Volotor

Faction: Corpus

Type: hammer

Passive effect: Conserved momentum- The higher the melee combo multiplier the faster the weapon is swung.

Description: The Corpus take on the Grineer jet mace Jat Kittag. The unique stand point of this weapon is that istead of being propelled by a continuous jet its will be proppelled by a series of small energy-based explosions. In terms of its stats it should have (like many corpus weapons) a high puncture compared to its other stats. Critical and status chance is undecided and is open for suggestions.

Edited by (PS4)OnyX11Aura
Even though some of the 'Hammers' are called 'Maces' the grip type is still Hammer so ive changed the grip type name to Hammer.

Brief Description: This strange weapon is known as the Tannon. it uses the stance of any basic boomerang weapon (Glaive) but with a twist. This weapon creates a metal alternative to Valkyr's "Rip Line" ability. Using this weapon is similar to using a boomerang, you tap E to light attack and hold E to throw. the difference though is that the Tannon grapples into the enemy's flesh. this weapon does not grapple to metal or terrain though. this makes this weapon fairly weak against the Corpus' robot army. Once the Tannon has successfully hit a fleshy target the tenno has a brief period on which they can choose where to through the enemy. W being up, S being down, A being left and D being right. if the tenno does not tap anything for the few seconds that they have after impact the Tannon will instead just pull them forward. The Tannon is a corpus steel blade with a metal rip line attached to the hilt. the cord raps around a corpus steel spool that sits at the hip. When the curved, karambit like blade is held in the hand the cord hangs loose. When the blade is holstered it attaches to the spool and clicks into place with its handle facing outwards for quick access.         

Edited by Parkdark
the picture isn't pasting

On 8/3/2017 at 4:22 PM, WEREsandrock said:

Name: Panza and Pice
Faction: Corpus

Grip type: sword and shield.
Description: Panza and Pice were developed by the Corpus. The Pice is a pickaxe like tool, which is used for mining by the
workers who were enslaved by the Corpus. The shield uses the same plating used on MOAS. It emits a hex-grid Aura when dodging bullets.

On Charge, the Pice overloads and emits a ray of super hot Plasma that stabs / burns the enemy. (examples can be found on the second picture)

Concept art:

bNLIHaM.jpg

PZCHw6S.jpg

Awesome!