The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

I can't draw; but I feel like my idea can be conveyed in text anyway so..

The weapon would belong to the Corpus faction; it's an old prototype Nikana found on some long forgot lab that belonged to baby Alad V - a relic of his training wheels, really. The weapon is an Electric-damage only Nikana, meta-wise, meant to fill the niche of an elemental-slash-status weapon in the Nikana tree, which is vacant right now.

As far as the design goes, it's a basic nikana, with a slightly beefier hilt, responsible for generating the electric charge along the too-thin edge of the blade; it can't really hold batteries, so in taking advantage of the old orokin designs Alad fit the power supply into the scabbard, so that it recharges while sheathed. As to why we're only seeing this now, it didn't fly with the mainstream Corpus who couldn't make sense of a melee weapon that needs a scabbard - why not just scale it up to fit the power core, and turn it off when not in use?

No gimmicks, no need for new stances, just a solid niche-filling lore-compliant Nikana. Because we need good status weapons that aren't from the hideous looking infested faction. :|

11 minutes ago, (Xbox One)crazyc273 said:

Thanks my thought was a lance as well so what stance would it use? 

Spoiler
On 3/7/2017 at 0:59 PM, Khobi said:

Galahad

Faction: Grineer

Type: Rapier (devs probably would have a better idea where it fits)

Desc: Rocket lance

Sketchfab Link  (see it in 3d)

Artstation  (other models you can look at)

The Galahad rocket lance was a project I worked on for a personal group in another game however the group had other plans and so the model has been sitting in my portfolio collecting dust I recently decided to reskin it, to make it look grineer and make it all fancy looking for you all. The idea behind it was to have three functions:

(keep in mind that this would use the rapier animations or similar thrusting anims gathered from other stances/combos, but the speed would be vastly slower with a higher damage output in order to give the animators a break, but still allow it to act slower like a proper lance)

Basic lunge: a pretty basic combo of lunges/swings what have you

Dash lunge: rockets boost from behind causing the wielder to burst forward dealing puncture to enemies in path. (the arm and the wielder are protected if held correctly. I can make gesture drawings for an anim if you like)

Throw: Throws the rocket going through enemies in path impaling like a shish-kebab, and when hitting a surface it explodes dealing incendiary damage.

edit: I just added a Grineer skin, and went the extra mile and made a background for my sketchfab, and changed some lighting settings in the 3d preview.

^^^ I T S   I N   H E R E ^^^

I dislike being the guy who bumps his own post, but here to giving you an idea. keep in mind though I didn't post to win. I posted to make use of a dusty old model sitting in my portfolio, and for mindless self-promotion because I'm selfish. if you intend on trying at winning, then you might try not doing a lance. personally, though I think it is high time they had one, but it is not for me to say. 

Edited by Khobi
put unintentional submission bump in spoilers so nobody has to look at it.

Well, it's no mouth hammer (seriously this community is so creative), but here it is:

Name: Imatis

Faction: Tenno

Grip: Sword

Striking a balance between grace and brutality, this Tenno-crafted mace is unrelenting. It can break even the strongest of wills.

A mace light enough to use sword stances. Unique among it's slash-based brethren, it would deal primarily impact damage, and boast a respectable status chance (knockbacks for days). In addition, charged attacks would have a high chance to inflict a puncture proc, weakening your enemies as they coWER BEFORE YOUR SUPERIORITY [maniacal laughter].

Ahem... anyway I hope you like it.

imatis_mace_for_warframe_melee_concept_c

Closeup in the spoiler, so you don't have to click through to the full sized image.

Spoiler

imatis_tall_by_other_laszlok-db23qys.jpg

Edited by Laszlok

Another thought came to me (since i am not submitting artwork i figure i could at least throw some ideas out there).

What about a not broken kuva staff, and its ability is, when you kill something you get like 1 kuva. the fastest and easiest way to get kuva would still be the siphon missions but this would be a nice addition i think.

Type: Heavy Blade

Description: Glada has a retractable blade alloyed with oxium what makes the blade light for its size and very handy.
Compared to the other heavy blades it has a fast attack speed and handling.
Because of the long grasp Glada has a decent range but also a minimum range.

It is held like the other heavy blades Galatine or War.
When a Tenno holds Glada in his hands it automatically extends the blade.

warframe_melee_design_1_by_flixandisi-db

y7tcfAz.jpg

Edited by ASTROIZZY

1 hour ago, Khobi said:

stahp, its not working.

HERE IS HOW YOU POST IMAGES TO ANY FORUM.

1) open up imgur.com

2) click drag your file into imgur.com

3) then you copy the link on the image into the forum post.

4) make sure that box comes up, and then a preview of your image will appear before you submit it.

5) then you submit it.

and then you give this post a happy little upvote because somebody had to do this.

side note

AS SOMEBODY WHO FREQUENTS THE IMGUR USER SUB, DO NOT BY ANY MEANS HIT THE BIG GREEN SUBMIT BUTTON WHEN UPLOADING YOUR IMAGE TO IMGUR. THIS MAKES USER SUB A DISPLEASING PLACE FULL OF TRASH NOBODY CARES ABOUT.

thank you xD i was like O. e make them stop 

FAMES

Faction: Infested

Brief description: This machete holds different bone pieces that function as a blade. Depending on the melee combo being used, the weapon will exclusively inflict a specific physical damage (for instance: Flash Flood deals slash damage, Coming Tide deals puncture, etc.), making the weapon usable against multiple factions on a single mission. This is possible thanks to the specialized bone pieces that allow using the force in different forms, which resembles certain omnivores denture design.

Original artwork:

zEprhhj.jpg

YgPR4yu.png

Edited by Ranzord
Noticed that there wasn't a large, clear image of the original artwork. Also added clarification on teeth shapes.

Faction: Infested

Grip type/Stance: Polearm/Dual Swords

This Tenno polearm has been corrupted and consumed by Infested tissue, causing its structure to weaken and split in two. The nature of the Infested tissue also allows it to reattach itself, allowing it to be either a polearm or a dual karma like weapon.

In its polearm form it spreads toxins to nearby enemies with powerful blows. When split, it becomes a ferocious dual bladed weapon that deals out quick attacks to enemies that get in its way. With a charge attack it spreads toxins to enemies that are hit, increasing status procs.

Original artwork:

tsdaPwL.jpg

Edited by (PS4)TheLadySaphira

http://imgur.com/5gFjoUr

his is the " Daikana" the weapon used by the Tenno in the war against the Sentients.

The Daikana is imbued with the void energies of the Tenno. Nodachi form it spells a void-wave (25% bonus dmg against sentients)  with the Telos Boltice properties, its secondary dual sword mode it gains 15% attack speed and 10% dmg resistances.

Grip: Dark Split Sword: Nodachi uses Heavy Blade, its secondary form uses Dual Sword stances, able to equip stances for each form, or a new stance that switches between Heavy blade and dual swords with its combo > HeavenSplitter. based on "Niten Ichi Ryu"  

Edited by (PS4)Zero_Noctis

On 6.3.2017 at 3:16 AM, (PS4)Frozenfenrir said:

6be2399d2d60f03f91dff09b8c5720bd.jpg

Faction: infested

Name: zugaikotsu.

Description: Orokin nikana blade prototype long lost and assimilated by the infestation, while the body has been changed the unusual alloy of the blade resisted to some extend. Most of it has turned into flesh and bone eager to strike down any opponent who dares to cross its way, or is perhaps the will of the Orokin remaining in the blade.

Heavy blade type grip, each kill stacks a mutation counter like nidus, up to 30 increasing the power of the blade by 30% the counter can be release into a powerful charge attack with increased range and power. slash base weapon.

If this were to make it into the game, I would really like it to be able to use both heavy blade and nikana stances, though.

The whole design of a big, two handed nikana is practically crying out to be used with the decisive judgement stance, in my opinion.

Edited by Gemenai

5YxcuQc2G7Y.jpgThis weapon has two attacking modes : scythe and rope-blade.To switch between these mode , you just need to press the alternate fire button. Its base damage is impact.And of course this weapon should have its own unique stance. THE VEGABOND:slow, but sweeping and powerful blows with a blade.     I`ve been waiting for a long time(1 year) to  share this idea with you and now I can  take part in the contest.   ty

Name: Grapu (name probably needs work :\)

Grip Type: Gauntlet (E.G. Venka)

Description: Metal gloves with spikes on the end. would deal mostly puncture damage. charged attacks would shoot off the spikes, still attached to the glove with a chain. if the spikes hit an enemy, they would be ragdolled and pulled toward you, while if it hits terrain it would pull you towards it (like Valkyr's Ripline.)

sorry no Concept art, I'm not good at drawing.

I have don a weapon bat I do not kno if you like is my first time paint to the Cmp her you can wach a video how I make the paint if you whant 100% i made gest for my self no copy gest me

Edited by venkaprime

Faction: Grineer

Backstory: The Grineer, tired of being beaten over and over again, developed a new weapon in an attempt to increase weapon versatility, and therefore catch the Tenno off-guard through having a variety of different weapons types in a single weapon. Having a weapon that could be transformed from one form to another would greatly increase the Grineer's ability to wipe out their enemies. (Or so the developers of the weapon thought.)

Drakinar

Weapon description:

The weapon's base form is a heavy blade. As a heavy sword, the blades of the weapon are coated with plasma, giving off the heat damage lighting effect. Primary damage type is slash, with some heat damage.

With different stance mods equipped, the weapon rearranges itself into a sword and shield. The blade's sheath is built into the shield, allowing for easy carry of the blade.

Or, with a gunblade stance, the sword could just be an irremovable part of the shield. The handle would be on the back of the shield, slightly offset from its base so that it could utilize the combos of the stance. The blades on the sides of the shield act as the blade, while the cannon(s) built into the shield act as the gun.

Colors: Color scheme should be similar to the Drakgoon's. Please ignore the colors in the image. They are just to show what parts of the weapon go where from heavy blade to sword&shield/gunblade.

d2LtSG9.jpg  

Edited by NovaXcaliber

Weapon name is Sollertia.

It's a sidesword, which is basically a rapier designed for slashing. Uses rapier stance mods, but can also use sword or machete mods (one-handed, of course).

Weapon is based on the Destreza, but made with a wider blade for slashing attacks. Main damage type is slash, but deals a lot of puncture as well. Basket-hilt has a Lotus glyph motif. Also, Tenno-made.

Edited by jsim0210

On 3/3/2017 at 2:01 PM, Zahnny said:

I'm not personally submitting anything but rather giving you guys ideas to maybe concept something in relation. If someone were to get it in game I couldn't care if I was credited or not. I'm wanting a weapon, not fame.

I've always wanted a Gun-Shield type of weapon in a game, espically after I saw Henry VIII's gunshields he had in his armory. Purely cosmetic and only one was ever fired but still amazing to look at. I made a post ages ago on this on fan concepts or something like that but it never gained much traction. Espically since I can't draw to make concept art...The bashing brutality and covering defense of a shield mixed with the range of a gun without having to get up close and personal. Although I guess some of that could describe the gunblade also.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_59GYpEVAu0U/TRxK-cgqmLI/AAAAAAAAAr8/u6oFjE8Ois8/s1600/pistol-shield.JPGImage result for gun shield henry viii

I'm not sure how common "gunshields" are in media, animes or other such stuff but the best example I can think of off the top of my head is Umbrella from the Hyun's Dojo guys, who. like his namesake wields an umbrella type weapon that worked as both a shield and gun. I mention this last part in hopes looking it up may give you some feel for it.

I didn't even realize other people had asked for "gunshields" before I even designed mine.

Lol, what are the odds?