The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

I drew this myself and its awful so forewarn.

Name: Dual Freezers (Please think of a better one)

Stance: New dual throwing stance that incorporate slashing while holding the chakram and throwing it like in the rising moon combo in the Astral twilight stance.

Stats: Base Damage: type=cold, 35          Crit Chance: 25%

Crit Multiplier: 3.0                            Status Chance: 25%

Attack Speed: 1.0

Just now, Gormindo360 said:

I drew this myself and its awful so forewarn.

Name: Dual Freezers (Please think of a better one)

Stance: New dual throwing stance that incorporate slashing while holding the chakram and throwing it like in the rising moon combo in the Astral twilight stance.

Stats: Base Damage: type=cold, 35          Crit Chance: 25%

Crit Multiplier: 3.0                            Status Chance: 25%

Attack Speed: 1.0

oops accidentally posted it before finished.

Leap Attacks: 30

Spin Attacks: 200

Wall Attacks: 150

http://i.imgur.com/jIDFgdW.jpg

The image won't insert so rip me.

On 3/3/2017 at 2:25 PM, UcanDomates said:

It would be really cool to have a nikana and a short nikana. In the past some Samurai's have used one long and one short katana at the same time. And it fits the games concept too.

The "Short Katana" is called a Tanto. Also that blade stopped being used and it just became ornate. Still would be sweet.

Name Dirigentes

Faction Grineer

Grip Type Whip

Brief Description: Dirigentes uses a unique stance with circular fast attacks, yet, low ranged ones. This weapon throws a barrage of bullets while moving, according to the type of weapons you are using at the time. use the secondary fire to chose between Pistol ammo or Shotgun, Rifle, Bow/Sniper ammo. You don't need to reload the whip! If you run out of bullets, the dmg is minimum.

"In extreme case, Disobedient Grineer are sentenced to death by atterax" But, in extreme cases, a platoon of grineers are sentenced to death by Dirigentes

(dirigentes is a latin word for shooting)  

I would like to see a melee that is like the redemer. Due to there is not alot of melees that can shoot and melee lol. I loved the redemer but it was usless after the enemys hit a certain lvl. So try that idea and find a melee that can do good long range and close range. Also let it have some dmg. im sad that some melee wepons are cool but there only good if your a beginner then they become no good at high lvls. Maybe a melee that can pull enemys to you so u can pound on them. Cause to many time i run around with a melee and get torn to bit before i even reach one that be cool.Or you can mix it and have a spear or lond sword that pulls the enemys across the room with some kind of force and impales there head on the spear when aimed and held but can throw the heads that u built up at the enemys to do some kind of stun. basiclly it sends the enemys in a radius into shock and stunds them. that would be so cool. Thanks and please reply to me about my idea that would be nice and let me know you just did not skip over it. Char name nightfir3 lvl 9 lol thanks send me an inbox

Edited by nightfir3

Faction: Corpus

Brief Description: A prototype sword built by the best corpus engineers. The sword is fueled by killing enemies and when its fully charged it deals huge amounts of elemental damage based on the energy color of the sword (like chroma). The main core of the sword spins to the right, and in the case of the three little ones, the middle one spins to the right and the others to the left. Using a charged attack would make an AoE ground attack (only when fully charged). Uses sword grip type.

Name: Yuansu

KgI4bIc.jpg

name suggestion?: keracyst

Faction: infested

Grip type: heavy blade

Description: A kanabo made up of infested flesh, hardened nodes scattered over it's surface to better crush enemies. Made worse by the pulsating growths encircling it's length that burst with toxic fluid when enough force is applied and leaves hazardous clouds when left to fester on the ground.

nNspv5c.jpgefNB7IO.jpg

further notes: i was thinking slam attacks would cause the temporary hazards, or perhaps involved with charge attacks or channeling somehow?

This is Inaros's Best friend. I mean why make an Egyptian inspired Warframe, but not make their deadly and strategic weapon the Khopesh. It would look amazing in this game. It could have detachable wraps (for those who want to rock the plain blade). 

Sepulture (means burial)

• Faction - Tenno
  • Grip Type - Sword
  • Description - Inspired by the khopesh. It is a fast attacking sword that can easily disarm an enemy and deliver a killing blow. The weapon could have a neat effect where the more you kill with it the blade begins to give off a ghostly effect and you start hearing whispers. Clamming that the sword is cursed. It would of course be doing slash damage, however having a little bit of puncture damage.Another cool thing could be that this weapon couldn't be disarmed.

Warframe%20Sword%201-01_zpszf83ytzn.jpg

Warframe%20Sword-01_zpsxwg8irqf.jpg

Edited by INSANExJOK3Rx

So, a bit of a warning, I haven't drawn much since I finished highschool....which was about five to six years ago. And even then I wasn't the best. However, after getting the idea out of my head using pixel art I've decided to try my hand at free-handing again and here's the result.

Faction: Corpus
Description:

A Sword and Shield style weapon used by the Corpus. A special beam on the baton-like structure is designed to not only shock, but slice when made contact with.

The shield, based on the Bursa’s shield, is now being used to assist in protecting the user similar to how it does with the Bursas themselves. The shield is made from the same materials used for the Bursa, only lighter to be wielded by normal corpus troops. Good against Grineer Scum and Infested Wretches alike.

100_0426%202.jpg100_0427%202.jpg

A little added note here.
I actually thought up a name for them (kinda) and it's 
Fulgur Secare & Fortis Arma

I also did think up a little backstory for the weapon's creation. 

However to keep this post short, he's the short version XD

Background: 
Beta-Testing an Anti-Grineer & Anti-Infested weapon when the Grineer assaulted the base. Proto-type was going into sudden field testing. Bursa got wrecked and instead of charging blindly, took inspiration from the Grineer, grabbed the shield off the ruins, and then charged and Shocked/Sliced their way to victory.

Rosenus, Klirunde, I don't care what it ends up being named if it's accepted.

Faction: Tenno

Description

This old weapon is forged in the image of an ancient Orokin blade; crafted from frail steel the blade is sharp but fragile, and can easily punch through the toughest armor. Mounted on its razor thin blade the barrel of a rifle lines up a shot with magnetically suspended focusing lenses -- don't miss your mark Tenno, and do this master craftsmanship proud.

This weapon is a Gunblade themed after the Destreza, with a razor sharp edge and a sniper rifle barrel mounted on the blade.

That's all I got. I lost my tablet's pen.

Edited by KoherJavenal
Added information.

Name: Wispwhip

Description: The sword is an electrical whip sword with a wisp that lingers with the sword. When in the retracted form the grip style is the rapier form and when using the alternate form, it using the whip style grip. When the tenno is not using the sword, the wisp that floats around the blade; then floats around the tennos head. During a stealth assassination, instead of the sword stabbing the enemy, it uses a whip animation to wrap the blade around the enemy and severs it's spine.

WXNBiCK.jpg

Edited by (XB1)Dragonlover103
Picture didn't post at first

KIMERA

FACTION: Grineer (Kuva Fortress Themed)

BRIEF DESCRIPTION: (Split-Sword: Heavy Blade & Dual Sword Stances) A mysterious sword evoking the corrupting power and strength of the Twin Queens.

[temp ideas, needs tweaking] The Kuva coursing through the blades is used to absorb the life force of fallen enemies. In its Heavy blade form, life force is absorbed in the form of energy on multi-kills or health on finishers. Split into its Dual Swords form, life force is absorbed in the form of health from channeling kills or energy from stealth kills. 

ART:

CRDGVcu.jpg

(Note: think about the two blades as the blades of scissors, move them in a certain way and they come apart. I may add more details and illustrations if I have time)

Edited by LoveYourEnemy
grammar

balance_and_unbalance_by_brittneyrmatney

Faction: Tenno

Name: Balance and Unbalance

Brief Description:  These are ninja-fan weapons utilizing a dual wielding stance when out similar to nehza when he dual wields pistols (one in front and near head and one behind the back).  The melee animations would utilize the dual sword animation set when attacking.  The blades of the fans are suspended energy blades that fly from the weapons and grow a bit before dissipating, giving the weapons slightly more range.

Suggested name: Nova Vita (Latin for "new life")

Faction: Infested. 

Grip Type: sword/katana 

The weapon design is based on the infested room on the landing craft. When you make to many combos with the weapon it begins drawing power from your health. Normally if feeds from the sheath but when away from it the tentacles will eventually begin draining your health. The line in the blade glows. The claw at the bottom of the sheath is similar to the infested chair. 

Edited by (PS4)Interitum48

•Klytrum

•Tonfa grip (ex: Kronen, Boltace, etc.)

•Tenno faction

The Klytrum are a pair of sharp rock and crystal based Tonfas with a cloth grip.  Each crystal flows with pulsing energy and, once unsheathed, possesses the power to float-even amidst battle.  It is believed that this weapon was crafted in the premature stages of the Tenno by the barbaric blacksmithing of stone, before the modern style that was adopted.  While unsheathed, the Klytrum have a cloud particle energy flowing between each bright, powerful crystal. 

warframe_melee_creation_contest_2017_pt_warframe_melee_creation_contest_2017_pt_

Edited by (PS4)kliptomatic

On 3/12/2017 at 8:53 PM, (PS4)Ryomaru6591 said:

Weapon Name: Sitara

Faction: Tenno

Grip: sword

Description: An Ancient Gauntlet that Lets out a plasma energy blade, capable of cutting objects like butter. The blade can further increase it's length with the infused energy of the user. Also it has destructive charge attacks that lets the user rush through enemies, leaving piles of bodies behind them.This weapon was hidden after the old war due to it's bloodshed. Some say it was forged with the energy of a star. Needs a blocking animation.

20170312_200922_by_ryomaruxxxyenizake-db

Love this soooo much, great idea and cool design :0

On 3/3/2017 at 1:58 PM, Senketsu_ said:

The Kanigata/dragon Kanigata.

ZxzGqiX.png

• Kanigata.
  • Faction: Tenno.
  • Grip: Polearm.
  • Description: A Polearm predating the Orokin Empire. It shares its origins and forging technique with the Nikana. Excels at killing your enemies at a distance

Kanigata Stats: 
Impact: 3.5
Puncture: 25.3
Slash: 45.2
Crit Ch: 15%
Crit Dmg: 100%
Attck Speed: 1.2 rate
Status Chance: 20%
Mastery Level: 4

Stance: Polearm

Dragon Kanigata Stats:

Impact: 4.0

Puncture: 28.8

Slash: 80.2

Crit Ch: 20%

Crit Dmg: 200%

Attack Speed: 1.0 rate

Status Chance: 25%

Mastery Level: 8

Stance: Polearm

Believe the word I'm looking for is, "solid" !!!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxfrTMSxrkQ_Rm5xUnozSGZWOTQ

Hi this is my first contest well m not very good at drawing but still i tried to give it a shot hope u like it.

Brief Description: This is slash based melee weapon, it can be used as a single & dual weapon, this gives massive damage to grineer and cut through half's , the more you kill the blade glows with a blood rush.This is a well balanced ad heavy kill weaponry.

Special : This can also be thrown to the enemy's and give u a kill shot with a few percent of health regeneration. 

2 hours ago, LoveYourEnemy said:

KIMERA

FACTION: Grineer (Kuva Fortress Themed)

BRIEF DESCRIPTION: (Split-Sword: Heavy Blade & Dual Sword Stances) A mysterious sword evoking the corrupting power and strength of the Twin Queens.

[temp ideas, needs tweaking] The Kuva coursing through the blades is used to absorb the life force of fallen enemies. In its Heavy blade form, life force is absorbed in the form of energy on multi-kills or health on finishers. Split into its Dual Swords form, life force is absorbed in the form of health from channeling kills or energy from stealth kills. 

ART:

CRDGVcu.jpg

(Note: think about the two blades as the blades of scissors, move them in a certain way and they come apart. I may add more details and illustrations if I have time)

Holy crap, exclamation mark!!! I love this.

W9lc38g==&thumbnailType=2&X-OWA-CANARY=hCorpus Hammer/Scythe: For those who have ever wanted to knock an enemy out, before slashing them to pieces. Or slashing them in half, before smashing their heads. The weapon's status based. The hammer doing impact, while the scythe: slash. The hammer has energy rings, the scythe an energy blade; both cosmetic, until elemental is added, then the ring/blade does elemental damage/effects. The weapon can use either a hammer grip, or a heavy blade grip. The hammer grip, allows you to use it as a hammer. While the heavy blade, turns it into a heavy bladed scythe.

Edited by (PS4)dannieboy79
did not accept picture

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Frozenfenrir said:

not far fetch i think i grineer or corpus tools can be used has weapon, dont forget the atomos was a tool. XD

they actually already have used corpus tools as weapons. The Serro became a weapon but originally it was a corpus tool unrelated to warfare. Throw in a Grineer wrench and it is not  far off

Edited by (PS4)Zero_Noctis