Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

Just now, Shabranighdo said:

The brad frame needs a signatur weapon.

WQjEUX8.png

Faction: Tenno

Type: Heavy Blade

The weapon is basicaly a heavy axe and a bass guitar with integrated speakers. Instead of blocking normaly you play the bass guitar. While playing it has a chance to cause confusion status effects on enemies in front of you. The song can be cutsomized by the step sequencer.

makes me think of that jack black game 

Just now, Shabranighdo said:

The brad frame needs a signatur weapon.

WQjEUX8.png

Faction: Tenno

Type: Heavy Blade

The weapon is basicaly a heavy axe and a bass guitar with integrated speakers. Instead of blocking normaly you play the bass guitar. While playing it has a chance to cause confusion status effects on enemies in front of you. The song can be cutsomized by the step sequencer.

this is cool but unfortunately I think their already making a Bard frame weapon 

i cant draw but if anyone wants this idea or they can improve upon it they can take it:

name:  dvilaya

weapon type: either sparring or claws

faction: tenno

a pair of pata handswords with high peirce and slash damage, meant to fill the gap of fast but weak fist weapons and stronger melee weapons like the skana

untitled_by_nuker19-db12ghc.png

i drew a badly made version of what i am trying to get across bare with me here

Edited by RustyController
i posted a link to an image i diddint make myself

My Entry: Harrier

Faction: Corpus (Sedna Rebels)

Description: Made from salvaged osprey parts, this unique drone functions both as a personal shield generator and as a throwing weapon (read: Glaive grip+stances).

Upon return, this weapon floats around the thrower boosting the max shields of the user and their allies like a shield osprey. This shield persists even after you switch weapons. Pressing the melee button again will return the Harrier to your hand. Energy color changes the color of the "shield osprey beam" to further differentiate between this weapon and actual shield ospreys. 3 lobes fold in as shown but probably more snugly to avoid clipping.

Art

cNk9uZl.png

Outside Entry Stuff/Fluff

Spoiler

The Harrier was originally meant to be part of a hybrid [Sword and Shield + longsword] where a charge attack or alt fire would deploy the drone and also switch to longsword mode. But since we already have a community made Sword and Shield, I figure my entry should have been something different while keeping the deployable aspect. Ideally damage would be electric or impact with high status but low crit chances and average attack speed, but giving stats weren't part of the contest so w/e. Maybe there could be a little dangly osprey body on the bottom of the center circle.

To explain some of the more incongruous aspects of this weapon: the Sedna Rebels are explicitly mentioned in the codex entry for the Serro while the name Harrier keeps in line with flying Corpus proxies being named after birds, as opposed to something like the Particulor or Guarda.

Edited by GrandMAsterDan
edited description, added a bit more non-entry stuff

9 minutes ago, RustyController said:

alright then, are extra refrence pics allowed? like can i show a picture from wikipedia?

per the rules you should submit your own art and 2 art images are allowed for the concept 

none should be taken from another source 

you could trace the thing you want to reference and show it in a style that better helps your submission

Rules:
●    One submission per player
●    Artwork must be original and not taken from other sources
●    The weapon must use an existing grip. Melee weapon types that are not already in Warframe are not allowed
●    Do not reserve spots in this thread
●    Only post submissions in this thread
●    Submissions that do not follow these rules will be disqualified
●    All submissions become property of Digital Extremes

Faction:  Grineer 

Brief Description: It is a Heavy Blade Style. This weapon must need at least the Ripkas to be craft. Can also use the exclusive Ripkas Mod. Good with Ground Finisher and has a good chance to split corpse in 2 pieces (Welcome Nekros). Doing slash attack damage. Any mod who add elemental effect will appear at the center of the Blade (where is the white hole).

1488574991-ripka-blade.png

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

per the rules you should submit your own art and 2 art images are allowed for the concept 

none should be taken from another source 

you could trace the thing you want to reference and show it in a style that better helps your submission

ah poo, did what i post get me disqualified?

KATAR

Faction: Corpus

Description: Fist/Claw-type weapon that consists of a metal technological grip that projects an energy blade/energy shield into the immediate area in front of the hand. This allows the weapon to use either Fist (Shield Form) or Claw (Blade Form) stances.

Images: (I apologize for the EXTREMELY preliminary "artist" rendition)

So I came up with this pretty awesome idea (atleast i think so)
think about a weapon that works a little bit like nidus (when i say nidus i mean with transformations that are determined by some kind of given value)
i thought about a weapon that would transform (doesn't have to be a big transformation visually)
I came up with this because I really liked the concept of nidus and thought why couldn't there be weapons like this in the game
here are early concept (sorry for rough lines still trying to learn how to draw in drawing programs. and sorry for no colors still didnt come up with good color combination for the weapon) drawings by me I hope you like them
3bc7497f60.jpg

In this picture you can see the "base form" and the "awoken form" of the weapon (awoken form will be determined by how many kills you get)
base form is nothing special but the awoken form makes the magatama engulf in flames aswell as the three horn like structures
In the lower part you can see demonic like scales growing out of the weapon.
in my mind i thought that this weapons awoken form would increase its range aswell as its damage output and has a low chance to set the enemy on fire for a set amount of time(the numbers dont have to be high just and idea)

Ok so now to the point

Faction: Tenno Demonic Weapon

Brief description:   A Tenno Made Weapon That Bring Fierce Destruction And Flaming Disaster To Any Enemy That Will Come In Range This Weapons Devastating Claws Will Tear Any Enemy That Comes In Its Way This Weapon Feeds On His Enemy's Blood To Grow Stronger. This Ancient Weapon Was Wielded By The Strongest And Fearless Tenno During The War

Tapping Melee Should Use The Fist Grip Animation. Charging Should Do A Strong Punch And While in Awoken Form It Will Shoot A Short Range Fire Projectile Forwards From The Teeno If The Enemy Is Stealth Killed there should be an animation where the weapon goes strait through the enemy's heart

Just now, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

it will be fine ^. ^

no you dont understand just how much i hate my pata, its like in my head i see this beautiful elegant thing that can shred through corpus like a friggin blend-tec blender, then i look at my art and all i hear is one thousand 4 year olds shrieking at once

Just now, RustyController said:

no you dont understand just how much i hate my pata, its like in my head i see this beautiful elegant thing that can shred through corpus like a friggin blend-tec blender, then i look at my art and all i hear is one thousand 4 year olds shrieking at once

my art makes me hurt, deeply

Just now, RustyController said:

its to bad it has to be self made or id offer to do art for those who need it :< 

Name: Spadafustra

Type: Hybrid

Faction: Corpus

Main weapon damage type: Slash

Elemental damage: Electricity

Special: Hitting the "Alternate Fire" button while holding causes the weapon to change into the other type of weapon.

Description: The Spadafustra is both a sword and a whip made up of circular saw blades, a handle, and a large and powerful strand of energy which creates a sharp, sword-like tip. Although the body is thin to be able to warp around the blades, sword tip is large.

It's most recognizable ability, is its ability to instantly change into a sword or a whip at the wielder's command. 

In sword form, the blades constantly spin and are more likely to cause slash damage, but have a reduced chance to cause electrical damage. Also, in this form, it has slightly less reach, but it swings a bit faster.

In whip form, the blades stop moving, making it less likely for you to deal slash damage to the enemy, but, since the coil has been released, it has slightly more reach and has an increased chance or causing electrical damage, although it swings a bit slower.

(Hold is according to the form it is in. Starts in sword form.)