Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

After going through all the warframes and looking over all the melee weapons for a couple days of thinking and wondering exactly what I would suggest it came to me while I was trying out a new frame and being amazed at it.  The warframe was Inaros, and I thought he needs a truly Egyptian weapon.  So my proposal is this:

Faction:  Tenno

Weapon: Khopesh

Grip type: sword (skana style)

damage: Slash (or if an energy style electric)

special: high critical chance (20 - 50), , perhaps the ability to ignore a certain % of armor.

khopesh_1_-790x326.jpg

The image is more of just a basic khopesh design from historical point of view.

Edited by Hemsut
spelling

Here goes...

Faction: Grineer (Apparently the most popular faction here)

Weapon type: Hammer (Fragor, crushing ruin)

Name: Grinder

Description

Once a scrap saw for shredding the ships of Ceres, now a heavily modified combat weapon that requires great strength to wield.

It's a slow, heavy hitting weapon that deals mainly slash and impact. This weapon has a couple of unique mechanics (All of them implemented at once may be a bit too much, but then pick one). When doing groundslam (Or maybe charge attack?) the exhaust on top of the head combusts, dealing additional fire damage on top of the large AOE attack.

When channeling/reaching x combo-counter the sides of the head push outwards, extending it's reach and starts rotating. When rotating it deals more damage. If this shoud be combo-counter triggered, make it so when reaching x combos, it extends, at the next counter it rotates, and then rotates faster for every counter.

r6wWUWd.png

The Grineer text at the top and on the hammer translates to 'Grinder'

I notice now, that the shaft is very short, compared to how wide the head is. It should be longer.

Edited by Bryuf

2 hours ago, Stratos0 said:

Faction : Corpus

Brief Description : The Scirca is a glaive type Corpus mele weapon which can deal high electric damage.

It can easily be used to cut flesh and metal, but also to control the battlefield with the electric impulsion provided by the channeling explosion. This impulsion works like a small fourth spell of Volt and can be improved with different mods (range, damage, status and attack speed).

Last but not least, by throwing the Scirca throught multiple ennemies, it link them together with a pure enegetic link. If one of those ennemies get hit with a direct attack from a Tenno, a percentage of the damage is transmitted to the others.

WOW, this is very close to what I'm going to be submitting. I guess I better hurry up before someone really beats me to the punch. 

Name: Onikage
Faction: Tenno
Brief Description: a Scythe Created long ago,Made by man but used by demons. 
Original Artwork: 

Tenno%20scythe.png

Side note: I'm not really good at explaining How the attacks work but ill Try.
Half circle Horizontal strike followed by spinning attacks.That go into the scythe being spun around the Tenno using it.once the Scythe is again grabbed the Tenno launches it forward vertically (Imagine a saw blade being rolled across the ground) Then the scythe rolls back into the Tenno's hand.Kind of like strike raid from kingdom hearts Only it cuts threw the enemy and if they aren't cut in half once its throw they will be when it comes back.

1 hour ago, Hemsut said:

After going through all the warframes and looking over all the melee weapons for a couple days of thinking and wondering exactly what I would suggest it came to me while I was trying out a new frame and being amazed at it.  The warframe was Inaros, and I thought he needs a truly Egyptian weapon.  So my proposal is this:

Faction:  Tenno

Weapon: Khopesh

Grip type: sword (skana style)

damage: Slash (or if an energy style electric)

special: high critical chance (20 - 50), , perhaps the ability to ignore a certain % of arm.

khopesh_1_-790x326.jpg

The image is more of just a basic khopesh design from historical point of view.

THIS IS AMAZING RIGHT HERE, not only is it real history, it would fit in with the tenno nicely as the western AND eastern adapted and drew from this design largely. Props on the accuracy.. hopefully the devs will choose this one. this is real lore and history right here and can easily be adapted to a space setting.

Celestial Umbra 

Faction: Orokin

Grip Type: Heavy Blade

Description: 

A Nodachi/ōdachi (大太刀) (large/great sword). The sheath, blade, and tsuba (Hand Guard) show a wonderful display of stars. The weapons charge attack cuts open a rift into space and will suck in enemies and items for a brief amount of time. Finishers will automatically swallow enemies into the ōdachi.         

celestial_umbra__by_bustinart-db2mb5m.jp

galaxy_sword_prime__celestial_umbra_by_b

Edited by GenesisXII
Because Excalibur Prime is dear to me. We go back

Name: Anavar

Faction: Tenno

Grip type: Heavy Blade

Description: This weapon's sharp edge surrounds it. Making it dangerous to the wielder but even more dangerous to the enemy when wielded by a master Tenno. An elongated handle replaces the center mass of the blade, making it able to be thrown similarly to a javelin. (charged attack)

c1FEbJI.jpg

Excuse my poor handwriting and terrible coloring. lol 

Edited by (XB1)Salvation Soul

Weapon Name: Kuralga

"Kuralga was used by grineer pathfinders specialized in tracking to hunt wild creatures and travel faster in jungles that had never been visited. The heat emitted by Kuralga caused the paths to burn like lava. For centuries miners used these paths in the jungle."

Faction: Grineer

Grip Type: Dual Blades

Description:  Kuralga gathers kinetic energy in its quartz-mercury part and transforms it into heat. Thanks to its small engine placed on it, Kuralga gains %5 attack speed with each 5-hit and the kinetic energy accumulated. Attack speed can reach up to %20 . If you charge attack at Kuralga's maxed attack speed level, it sends forth a ray-like heat with high damage to enemies and the attack speed is reset.

Damage Type: Slash & Heat

32654787804_f0644a34f0_k.jpg

Edited by SalCronaz

34 minutes ago, SalCronaz said:

Weapon Name: Kuralga

Faction: Grineer

Grip Type: Dual Blades

Description: "This weapon was used by grineer pathfinders specialized in tracking to hunt wild creatures and travel faster in jungles that had never been visited. The heat that this weapon emitted caused the paths of grineers to burn like lava. For centuries miners used these paths in the jungle."                  

Kuralga gathers kinetic energy in its quartz-mercury part and transforms it into heat. Thanks to its small engine placed on it, Kuralga gains %5 attack speed with every 5 hits and the kinetic energy accumulated. Attack speed can reach %20 maximum. If you charge attack at Kuralga's maxed attack speed level, it sends forth a ray-like heat with high damage to enemies and the attack speed is reset.

Damage Type: Slash & Heat

32654787804_f0644a34f0_k.jpg

It has been a good work.

17 hours ago, TTDOOMTT said:

well am not a good artist but here are the weapon i want

Type:gun nikana

Damage: Slash

Special:its can the trigger action like the below and can use to shoot for long range 

Kết quả hình ảnh cho jetstream sam gif

Kết quả hình ảnh cho rwby gun katana 

Here some other model

tumblr_oeh2s8gpmI1toizo4o1_1280.jpg78f5a634a237e8ebfe9428a18ff9d6cd.jpg

I cannot tell you how much I would not hate this coming into the game, at the very least there are no words to express how much I would not mind killing all the mobs with this.

Description: This blade of old was prized by Warriors for its ability to restore vitality to its user in the midst of combat. (Uses Scythe grips.)

Specialty: After absorbing enough affinity, releases an AoE that damages targets is range and absorbs health of the victims.

untitled_by_bulletmagnetxl-db2ngag.jpg

untitled_by_bulletmagnetxl-db2nga5.jpg

Name: Retribution

Grip: Gun blade

A heavy hitting gun blade of Tenno design.  created to compliment the aesthetic of the syberis rifle. Mediocre damage is offset by its high crit stats. Rewards a skilled shot. 

Attack speed  ~0.85

~80% puncture
~5% impact 
~15% slash

20% crit chance 
3x crit damage
Edited by (XB1)BulletMagnetXL

On 3/5/2017 at 9:39 AM, Acculluz said:

Faction:

Tenno

Brief Description:

A recreation of an old war relic that was once thought to be lost, along with its master. The Caerudala channels void energy generating a shield to protect the Warframe from all frontal damage. The energy shield can also be used as a thrown melee, capable of projecting multiple glaive like projectiles and creating fields that deal continuous damage to enemies that come in contact with it. This is an embodiment of elegance, intricacy, and the deadly power of Tenno craftsmanship and mastery of the void. (Thrown Melee Grip Type)

Original Artwork:

17015681_1659717024331123_33358772951690

17158977_1659715237664635_50066961444606

10/10 i need this

Name: Dual Massacre

Grip Type: Dual Daggers

Brief Description: These dual daggers are perfect for for close combat with there fast speed, high
slash and puncture damage making it easy for tenno to tear enemy's into shreds in seconds.

Tapping melee will make the tenno perform piercing stabs, short and quick slash attacks when used 
in a combo. Holding down a charge attack with let the tenno throw the daggers at a enemy in front of 
them making it stab the enemy like a dart.

9VYMgxo.jpgSCIPMFc.jpg

39 minutes ago, Troy420 said:

Name: Dual Massacre

Grip Type: Dual Daggers

Brief Description: These dual daggers are perfect for for close combat with there fast speed, high
slash and puncture damage making it easy for tenno to tear enemy's into shreds in seconds.

Tapping melee will make the tenno perform piercing stabs, short and quick slash attacks when used 
in a combo. Holding down a charge attack with let the tenno throw the daggers at a enemy in front of 
them making it stab the enemy like a dart.

9VYMgxo.jpgSCIPMFc.jpg

https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/max-demon-sword-heavenly/672185

why dont you draw your stuff, or you the original author?

Displaying warframe concept_rapier02.jpg

Name: Imperius

Forged in the hands of the Orokin, this blade has a chance of inflicting radiation upon it's enemy. One of the few most deadly weapons ever made by the Orokin Empire. 

Impact: 1.8

Puncture: 65.2
Slash: 11.7
Spin Attack: 160.0
Leap Attack: 149.0
Wall Attack: 310.0
Channeling Cost: 5
Channeling Damage: 1.5x
Attack Speed: 1.10
Critical Chance: 15.0%
Critical Multiplier: 2.0

Note:
A wave of energy will shoot from within the blade when doing a charge attack.