Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

Name: Maya And Sakyu. ( name can be change :) )

Faction: infested

Grip type: Sword and shield

Description: Inspired by the infested room in orbiter.

--each time Tenno equipping it (combat mode). it will have some animation on specific part.

--small passive: while blocking, projectile that hit on the eye of the shield will slowly turn enemy into stone.(the more projectile the faster enemy turn into stone. only available on slight of view.)mXB7kse.jpgFgEY6Ej.jpg

I am not amazing at art, so I drew the concept of it. My idea is that it is similar to Dark Split-Sword, in the fact that you can use it in two different ways. Using a stance such as Crossing Snakes would make it dual wield like the Dual Kamas, and using either no stance or one of the scythe stances would make it a normal scythe. I named it Avtakbar, which means detachable in Norwegian.

On March 3, 2017 at 10:16 AM, Krion112 said:

As cross as I am at present, I'll bite:

I was thinking of designing a Corpus throwable arm shield, but the Sentient don't really have any weapons yet, so why not get started? I'm going to pull one from my old Sentient concept thread:

• Ketu
  • Faction - Sentient
  • Grip Type - Dual Tonfa Weapon (ie, Kronen)
  • Description - Spin attacks release short waves of radiation that inflict the Irradiated status, confusing enemies into attacking each other. A deceptively simple prospect, no doubt fitting of the insidious and manipulative nature of the Sentient. Aesthetically, it'd be interesting if it would also whisper to its wielder, as though its Sentient spark was still alive.

Z0OpAuO.jpg

Amazing awesome idea also props on the art design

On 3/17/2017 at 7:15 AM, TTDOOMTT said:

well am not a good artist but here are the weapon i want

Type:gun nikana

Faction: Tenno

Damage: Slash

Special:its can the trigger action like the below and can use to shoot for long range 

Kết quả hình ảnh cho jetstream sam gif

Kết quả hình ảnh cho rwby gun katana 

Here some other model

tumblr_oeh2s8gpmI1toizo4o1_1280.jpg78f5a634a237e8ebfe9428a18ff9d6cd.jpg

I designed one with this idea in mind as well back on page 68, tho i made it more warframy. Bro you have to redesign it's look so your work doesn't get disqualified cause at this rate the design is almost completely ripped from MGR. Right now it's only a recolor. Not bashing you, i'm telling you this cause i also really really want this kind of weapon in the game.

Edited by Shad0wWatcher

what this game sorely misses is a butterfly knife

a lot of games feature it: starcraft 3, CS:GO, CoD franchise, Payday 2, even Dishonored Corvo's Sword is basicly a glorified butterfly knife. it's for occasions when you want to make the statement that you feel particularly mean and are about to be a total d**k, stabing enemies in the face while enjoying yourself with a wide grin of satisfaction seeing them go down --which happens to me quite frequently to be honest when playing high level missions.

grip type: daggers

faction: grineer (i think it would be most appropriate for them)

descript.: nothing fancy and I mean it, no frills, no unnecessary curves or whatnot, no elemental stats, no special effects, just a plain old steel dagger. the thing to set it apart should be it's unique open/close or sheathe/unsheathe animation; other melee weapons have their own, like Atterax's or the Dual Raza's blades-out/ blades-hidden state while held in hand. if you (DE) want to go the extra mile, maybe add a custom animation snippet to it's idle too, where the warframe would fiddle with it.

would link an image of Sydney's Wing knife here from Payday 2 as reference, but the insert media box aint working for some reason... oh well, it wouldn't be original artwork anyway.

Edited by Ventose

i1xIFuf.jpg

ao8dC3k.jpg

faction: tenno

Grip type: hybrid you can change the type of the weapon by changing the stance mod to either whip or scythe

description:  this is a scythe \ whip hybrid named Meniscus when used in whip mode it boasts large range and medium damage and a great status chance

but when in scythe mode it has short range but good crit chance and fast attack speed 

and it does mostly puncture damage

also sorry for bad drawing i am not the most gifted person when it comes to drawing :smile:

sigh, I am an extremely terrible artist, especially when it comes to machinery...

the idea is for a 8 pointed glaive, similar to a compass rose with a circle in the middle for holding it

four points would be slightly larger than the other four, but it should still be symetracal in design, the stance I believe it should use would be astral twilight, the colors used I believe should be blue, and silver primarly as I desire it to be tenno in orgin

but please for the love of kami, do NOT make it a primed...

I have said my piece, if anyone thinks I should be more descriptive please pm, ty

PQliWRWON4s.jpg

Name: Ruboku

Fraction: Tenno

Created to work in pair with rubiko, this gunblade can provide you  the same high accuracy and impact damage while shooting.But do not underestimate his blades.

Impact: 48.0

Puncture: 4.0

Slash: 16.0

Throw Attack: 45.0

Spin Attack: 200.0

Leap Attack: 120.0

Wall Attack: 240.0

Channeling Cost: 5

Channeling DMG: 1.5x

Attack Speed: 0.9

Critical Chance: 25.0%

Critical Multiplier: 3.0x

On 3/6/2017 at 1:29 PM, Vlada91 said:

Name: Infamous-Whip

Faction: Tenno

Brief Description: Two electric whips that each slash attack shock the enemies, it has high speed and is good for the enemy be disabled in any other impact strike.You can disarm enemies whit good combat combo.And in charged attack is spinning in a circle and destroying enemies around him.... I apologize for bad English  :smile:

v0USsrg.jpg

oDyZcpj.png

This needs to be up-voted more. Reminds me of the whips from iron man 2. Those were badass

4 hours ago, (PS4)Sleepyneol said:

Name: Maya And Sakyu. ( name can be change :) )

Faction: infested

Grip type: Sword and shield

Description: Inspired by the infested room in orbiter.

--each time Tenno equipping it (combat mode). it will have some animation on specific part.

--small passive: while blocking, projectile that hit on the eye of the shield will slowly turn enemy into stone.(the more projectile the faster enemy turn into stone. only available on slight of view.)mXB7kse.jpgFgEY6Ej.jpg

what was seen cannot be unseen, same time i really want to use that eye now ..

On 3/14/2017 at 0:16 PM, (PS4)Frozenfenrir said:

dont by us, maybe the forum mannager can tell which post have the most likes , by some kinda of analytic tool at their disposal or is done manually which is really funny having to go from each page taking note, correct me if im wrong wasnt DE megan taking the most popular till that date in a word file? just look at prime time from last week

So just to quote the OP 

Selecting the Winning Design:

Call for submissions will be closed on March 30, 2017 at 1:00 pm ET.

Lucas Hug, Senior Artist at Digital Extremes, will choose a batch of favourite submissions. You can see some of Lucas Hug’s work on Warframe weapons here: http://www.lucashug.com/warframe-02

The Design Council will then determine the winning Melee weapons by submissions selected by Lucas Hug. Design Council voting will begin on March 31, 2017 at 1:00pm ET and run for one week.

So Lucas is going to pick his favorites and then the design council will get to vote on his selections.

Name: spoliari carne (latin for strip the flesh)

Faction: Orokin

Grip Type: Whip or Dagger

Description: a weapon meant to be used as a Whip or a Dagger. It would have additional puncture, and a chance to pull an enemy to the person (acting like a rip line on Val). The weapon has 4 prongs in its default stage, and one arrow in the center, when used like a dagger the bottom energy turns into a jagged blade (like the trees you see in the void). The bottom part of the handle (when used like a whip) will switch what the energy looks like depending on the wf holding it, the blades turn inward (like a grappling hook) and the energy acts as the whip is jagged (trees in the void).

Colors: Grip white, inscribe blue, gold/yellow on bladed parts and edges

Regular view/Arsenal Hold and extended view (on the side)

20170318_172841.jpg

Holstered view with Orokin writing as the "curse" see translation below also cont of changes in the energy

20170318_172645.jpg

Optional reading if you can't read my chicken scratch in the photos T>T;;; sorry

It has orokin writing on the handle: Hayden Tenno.

The next on the WF when holstered is suppose to wrap around partly around the top shoulder and waist on the WF. The curse is suppose to pulse and glow with every kill. What the "curse" on WF is suppose to translate to: You have awakened, Yet you are not free. You are overtaken, Because of your greed. From Orokin you have ever taken, Now you fight for me.

What the energies switch two in whip mod (based on what wf is holding it: Ash - spinning shurikens, Atlas - falling rocks, Banshee - visible sound quakes, Chroma - fire breath (element changes just like chromas ability based on color), Valkry - spinning claws, Frost - snowflakes, Titania - butterflies like the razor wing things, Nekros - Dancing skeletons (:DDD), Ember - fire, Inaros - spinning tornado of sand, Equinox - energy rain in which half is always white, Ivara - raining arrows, Excalibur - Dancing swords in a circle, Limbo - something like the cataclysm ability (this one was hard =,=), Hydroid - Water tentacles, Loki - mini clone lokies, Mag - pulsing energy ball, Mesa - Raining bullets and guns (like a boss) - Mirage - spinning ball of light, Nexha - Pulsing spears, Nidus - pulsing, spinning tentacle ball, Nova - Moving molecules, Nyx - raining mind bullets (again another hard one), Oberon - Bouncing energy balls (XD), Rhino - rotating dragon scales, Saryn - (yes i know the R is missing in the photo lol) flower dripping poison, Trinity - Flowing chain links, Vauban (Mr. Bun!) vortex spinning, Volt - Pulsing electricity, Wukong - rotating wack-a-grineer (XD figured it was a good one for the joker), Zephyr - 3 spinning tornadoes, Bard - musical notes  

Edited by Stella.Ferox
minor edits

1 hour ago, Castellar said:

PQliWRWON4s.jpg

Name: Ruboku

Fraction: Tenno

Created to work in pair with rubiko, this gunblade can provide you  the same high accuracy and impact damage while shooting.But do not underestimate his blades.

Impact: 48.0

Puncture: 4.0

Slash: 16.0

Throw Attack: 45.0

Spin Attack: 200.0

Leap Attack: 120.0

Wall Attack: 240.0

Channeling Cost: 5

Channeling DMG: 1.5x

Attack Speed: 0.9

Critical Chance: 25.0%

Critical Multiplier: 3.0x

A crit worthy gunblade, accurate at long range ? Take my money

I've been wanting to post a concept and I finally thought of something!also my painting skills are terrible and I am amshamed.

Name: Anisotropox

Faction: Corpus

Grip type: Scythe

Description: The blade of this corpus scythe is made up of plasma and suspended in air. The only way it is attached to the shaft is by powerful magnets, allowing the head to be moved omnidirectionally.

When blocking, the head starts spinning around the shaft, creating a magnetic shield that is able to buffer more damage than regular scythes.

It's unique charge attack has the head spinning much the same way as with blocking, but instead fires a single piercing projectile in front of the user. If done while charging, the projectile deals bonus damage.

IOY4wOw.png

Stats:

75 Electric

Crit chance: 10%

Crit multiplier: 2.0x

Status chance: 35%

Attack speed: 1.10

Edited by tyranno66
There is no word such as foilnally

Faction: tenno

the iviro is a claw type weapon which appears to be a gauntlet until a melee attack is performed, where the blades will be projected outwards. After a charge attack, the three blades will be thrown at 45, 90 and 135 degrees perpendicular to the respective angle of the thrower, whereby each will deal a respective: slash, puncture and impact procs with 100 percent chance. If new elemental modifiers are added, the weapon will still perform the original procs.

Edited by (PS4)PongoBunny
I made a terrible mistake

On 3/3/2017 at 2:37 PM, (PS4)rednalad said:

Someone make a chainsaw blade. PLEASE!!!

this is what I did bro up to you for the stats I did my best.

I hope that this is something DE would look into this would need a healy blade stance, aka tempo royale.

High slash damage for this weapon!

I am not good a drawing so my best to model it is what I can do

tenno weapon. lotus logo's for the blades n chain.

Hi everyone!

i once asked DE if there is a morning star in work in progress. So i guess there wasn't. Thats why i'm tried to make it his own Weapon!

This is Kylas the Morning Star from the Tenno Faction.

Its normal attacks are fast. But shooting the ball takes its time. (knocking up pretty much everything)

Its combos and stance is thought for utility and mobility. knocking enemys down and moving forword.

The charge-attack shoots the star. It hits only 1 enemy but sends it flying as a projectile. (The enemy can hit multiple targets)

With the stance mod you can use your envirement to throw yourself forward to the next enemy you want to slam!

i really really hope you guys like it

love the community <3

Borakel-sama

(PC-Warframe)

mOw31at.png

Edited by Borakel-sama

On 3/17/2017 at 5:33 PM, SalCronaz said:

Weapon Name: Kuralga

Faction: Grineer

Grip Type: Dual Blades

Description: "This weapon was used by grineer pathfinders specialized in tracking to hunt wild creatures and travel faster in jungles that had never been visited. The heat that this weapon emitted caused the paths of grineers to burn like lava. For centuries miners used these paths in the jungle."                  

Kuralga gathers kinetic energy in its quartz-mercury part and transforms it into heat. Thanks to its small engine placed on it, Kuralga gains %5 attack speed with every 5 hits and the kinetic energy accumulated. Attack speed can reach %20 maximum. If you charge attack at Kuralga's maxed attack speed level, it sends forth a ray-like heat with high damage to enemies and the attack speed is reset.

Damage Type: Slash & Heat

32654787804_f0644a34f0_k.jpg

It is a nice addition to the melee family of weapons that you throw. Nice work.

Faction: Corpus

Brief Description: Reticor is a circular(hexagonal) throwing net with small chops distributed around its edge. This melee weapon is designed to strike enemy by swinging it like a whip (would use the whip animation grip). Of course it can be used as a throwing weapon to neutralize the enemy. Even if an enemy caught in the net, it is still able to shoot. To get back this weapon Tenno got to drag it from the target or pick it up from the ground if missed.

Handle

Edited by OmarJoseSanchez
More detailed explanation