Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

Dex Io

Description. This weapon was a pure example of full synch with your Warframe and full elegance. with precise cuts, this weapon is absolutely versatile in the right hands. remodeled Tenno weapon, in honor of the tenno waking from stasis

Grip Type - Large Throwing weapon(glaive) (was originally going to be a large disc that warframes would be inside of, and dancing in, but decided not to)

EDIT: I finished the model and renders, unfortunately I don't have any good backgrounds but the finished product is on page 101!

I personally think a rope dart or meteor hammer could be a really cool addition to the game. it could have great combos and chains. i was thinking when using quick melee it would act like a chain whip with less range and one handed, but when in melee mode it would be a full rope dart. i am working on a model for both but am worried i wont get it in on time. It would act similarly to the  mios whip aspect when in full melee mode. i personally really like the playstyle of it but the slower scissor sword attacks seem to break up the flow in my opinion. 
this video shows how cool the rope dart or meteor hammer could be:

this second video shows some of the combos and moves that could be applied to a stance for the weapon.

I'm going to be working on the models still and hopefully will finish them but if not  i at least wanted to get the idea out there.

Edited by (PS4)Letter52

QUICK WARNING TO PEOPLE BROWSING: LARGER IMAGE THAN EXPECTED

Faction: Tenno
Grip: Blade and Whip

Description:  
A dagger on the end of a long chain made to be quick and efficient in carving enemies apart. A charged attack would disarm enemies like the Halikar. Its main form of damage is an above-average Slash and attack speed

LDeKDOC.jpg

My Weapon,  a Tenno Blade and Whip type weapon.  I call it the Willow.  Basically my idea of what a Tenno Kusarigama would look like.  would be mainly slash and puncture, but the charge throw attack maybe would do an impact proc instead of pulling towards you.  And since you can't stab with it, any moves in the stances that involve stabbing could potentially do impact too.

RY3AgWw.jpg

(My scanner is on the fritz)  

jK8NS7N.png

Color image of main part of the weapon.  Decided while making this to increase the size of the silvery part around the handle, it covers half of the cylinder instead of just a strip on the back.  Also, hi Mr. Hug!  Big fan of your work!

Interesting how many people on this thread ignored the rule saying the weapon has to use an existing grip type.  And the rule that all posts must be submissions.  Or the rules in general.  

Edited by TheHoodedTeddy
observations and changes.

Crown "Blade of kings"

Weapon type: Heavy blade

-" The Tenno who wield it shall be known as kings... may the sword lead and the power follow..." -Unknown

The crown is a tenno blade with primary slash damage weapon with a devastating power. This sword can only be wielded by the Tenno that prove themselves worthy. The crown works with heavy blade stances and does the combos normally when pressing the melee button normally. Crowns special ability works like Nezha's Blazing Chakram. By pressing the charged melee button and releasing it your warframe will launch the crown in a straight line (leaving a trace of energy), and by pressing the melee button again you teleport to the swords location (Can be in front of an enemy, or after going trough it). If the sword hits an enemy while airborne it will go trough it dealing damage and grant status effect. When teleported, your warfare will grab the sword and if wanted (by pressing the melee button again) perform a deadly slash.

k9jKn9a.jpg

XZqdoAe.jpg

On 11 de marzo de 2017 at 1:02 AM, (Xbox One)TestIplayer said:

I know gave another idea before but I couldn't resist so I'm giving two.

Dragon Breathe

Brief description: the dragon breathe is a pair of gauntlets that cover the full fist. It does impact damage as well as having a chance to cause fire damage over time. This beautiful weapon was created in honor of mythological chinese dragons and it's a very rare weapon to see in the battlefield due to its complicated design and construction.

The Dragon Breathe has a passive ability, when aiming down the sight, instead of throwing punches, this magnificent weapon functions as a very short range flamethrower that causes damage over time.

Different from other fist styled weapons, due to its size and weight, and not having any thrusters, this weapon lacks of high speed on hit.

Design= similar to kratos fists but not to bulky and instead of lions Chinese dragon heads. Sorry but it won't let me put images.

Hope you like it ;) give your feedback to keep improving 

Please tell me what u guys think

Name: Nautilina

Faction: Infested

Grip: One hand (Machete)

Explanation: There is an animation of the muscles holding the squeezer stiffened and relaxed.
(Standard Mode) Sometimes there is a gas spraying animation from the hole in the crust while being held.
(Defense Mode) Defend an organic substance (mucosa) in defense mode. This item takes the shape of a shield.
The shield grows as it receives damage. There are four stages of shield formation.
Sharp spines that grow together with the shield form. The shield is stiff.
The shield disappears when you leave the defense mode.

When the weapon is in defensive mode, it releases organic matter. Matter, like sea shells expands and grows.

Hope you like it. :smile:

Concept Arts:

09YEwWj.jpg
gj076El.jpg

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B85wC1Jj4dT6Y00yQ1B2QmFRbUE

Faction:Tenno

Grip type: Heavy Blade / Sword grips

Name: Miseros

Description: A heavy sword used by the tenno.  Acting primarily as a heavy blade type weapon, this sword deals heavy damage, but when needed, the blade can be launched from the hilt to spear enemies to walls.  After firing, the two side blades on the grip are able to be used as a sword until the heavier blade is retrieved and placed back into the hilt.

Ok, it took me time, but its ready. I hope everyone likes mine.

Name: Tri-Stinger

Grip type: Nunchaku

Description:

The Tri-stinger brings three grips to the fight, allowing Tenno to keep their distance but deal fewer crit. strikes in return

Tri-Stinger.png

Infested Hook Sword

Description: My melee creation is a lethal pair of Infested Hook Swords. This weapon requires a Dual Sword grip. It has the potential to vary its range throughout combos considering its signature hook-link, single-arm swing, as seen in the following video:

https://youtu.be/Fgxj-KGWL2U?t=61

I used ZBrush to model and shade this concept in a few hours. My main sources of inspiration were the traditional Chinese Wushu hook swords and the Mios. I also wanted to create a weapon that would be fun and engaging for DE animators to play with. I’ve really enjoy my time playing Warframe and look forward to more updates! Please feel free to comment and critique. I would like to know what people think and am open to suggestions.

Edited by rsunist

Name: Siccatum

Description:

Weapon extends to reveal two infested gun barrels, each firing a globule slowing and afflicting the target with corrosive damage over time.

When melee striking deployed projectiles with the Siccatum, cause them to explode producing more globules that seek out other nearby targets  for the remainder of their duration.

Faction: Corpus? (Formerly a part of the building at a secret Corpus R&D facility.)

Description: Necessity is the mother of invention.

A Tenno caught in an explosion at a Corpus R&D facility finds their weapons lost or damaged. Desperately needing to arm themselves, they repurpose what was once some form of strut or conduit into an impromptu staff weapon.The fromer portion of the facility's structure is now a deadly tool in the hands of the Tenno. No longer serving it's original purpose, or it's original makers.

Not all weapons are forged or engineered. Some are born from sheer desperation.

Essentially, a bladed staff, which uses the staff grip.

erh7xy.jpg

30cn776.jpg

Faction: Sentient

Grip: Staff

this is essentially the staff that Conculysts use, Although theirs appear to be attached directly to their arms. Conculysts dual wield these staves but tenno have more success using one staff at a time. Spin attacks have a visual effect similar to the effect on spinning Conculysts although less pronounced as we are using only one staff. Similarly while spin attacking you block some amount of incoming damage. Also while actually blocking with the staff you have a chance to gain a temporary resistance to incoming damage types, probably 10 seconds or so.

latest?cb=20151204180347maxresdefault.jpg

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)NY PANTS said:

Crown "Blade of kings"

Weapon type: Heavy blade

-" The Tenno who wield it shall be known as kings... may the sword lead and the power follow..." -Unknown

The crown is a tenno blade with primary slash damage weapon with a devastating power. This sword can only be wielded by the Tenno that prove themselves worthy. The crown works with heavy blade stances and does the combos normally when pressing the melee button normally. Crowns special ability works like Nezha's Blazing Chakram. By pressing the charged melee button and releasing it your warframe will launch the crown in a straight line (leaving a trace of energy), and by pressing the melee button again you teleport to the swords location (Can be in front of an enemy, or after going trough it). If the sword hits an enemy while airborne it will go trough it dealing damage and grant status effect. When teleported, your warfare will grab the sword and if wanted (by pressing the melee button again) perform a deadly slash.

k9jKn9a.jpg

XZqdoAe.jpg

OMG Its beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I really wish this weapon in the game. 

0bsXVBh.png

This Blade is "Tensei". Created by the void, this blade glows with void-rich energy the likes of which only a powerful tenno can wield. 

This Katana will use the regular Nikana stance mods (Decisive Judgement, Tranquil Cleave and Blind Justice). 
The Stats: Slash: 81 Puncture: 9.0 Impact: 5.0 and a Ohma-esque mechanic wherein slam attacks or spin attacks emit a pulse that will electrically stun nearby enemies.

I have gone the extra mile to create a 3D model of my katana, (my first time 3D modelling ever at that)... took me 6 hours, i swear!

Edited by (XB1)DarkRepulser205
The description exceeded the 100 word limit.

Faction: Grineer

Name: Velok

Grip type: gunblade

Brief description: A hastily crafted weapon made from scrap metal and random weapon parts from the vast junkyard that is Ceres. Based on a flintlock style pistol, it fires a single shot as opposed to the other gunblades. Charge shots have a high chance to apply slash procs, melee hits do bonus damage towards bleeding targets.

Y4uRLaW.jpg

Hooray for tetanus!

For anyone who was curious this is water color with ink details and the grineer text says "Velok"

2 minutes ago, SoldierSeuss said:

Faction: Grineer

Name: Velok

Grip type: gunblade

Brief description: A hastily crafted weapon made from scrap metal and random weapon parts from the vast junkyard that is Ceres. Based on a flintlock style pistol, it fires a single shot as opposed to the other gunblades. Charge shots have a high chance to apply slash procs, melee hits do bonus damage towards bleeding targets.

Y4uRLaW.jpg

Hooray for tetanus!

For anyone who was curious this is water color with ink details and the grineer text says "Velok"

id love a grineer themed gunblade 

20170328_232012.jpg

Like it says on the tin a large jet powered lance capable of slow wide swings, short stabs or one powerful forward charge that ragdolls all enemies in range.

Sorry for the crude drawing and the picture format dont have a scanner.

Edited by BillyBoBobBiggn

Name: Silver Dawn 

Faction: Orokin/Tenno

Brief Description: Silver Dawn uses whip stances and when it’s in use, the "sword-like" whip spreads out exposing its many blades as shown. The blades at the tip spins faster as you’re channeling it and when the weapon isn’t in use, it comes together and looks like a sword. 

Db68d42.jpg

wAVWYQI.jpgthis is a grineer based weapon with toxin damage its first two orbs colors are based off the two status mods you use while the third orb is the combination it uses a heavy weapon stance utilizing wide swings to slash multiple enemies while using the aiming and firing buttons for the controller its stock twists to rifle position the twin blades rotate into a scope using a charge shot which releases when you release the firing trigger it fires a precise blast to the enemy forces.

The Fenratha

Faction: Sentient

Grip Type: Polearm/Dual Swords

A sentient themed spear(polearm) that separates into two short spears (dual swords). This fearsome weapon unleashes an intense gust upon a successful slam attack, which hurls enemies back. Charge attacks will cause the wielder to spiral as a Sentient would, continuing until the Focus Meter is drained.

Pardon the artwork. I'm only any good with Pencil.