Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Best Defense - Melee Creation Contest!

[DE]Megan

Corpus Greatshield and Mace (cant think of a good name since I dont quite understand Corpus naming convention)

Faction: Corpus (obviously)

Stance: Sword and Shield

3URSOQN.png

Description:The small squares on the corners detach and expand to create and energy shield when drawn, which expands to greatshield size when blocking. The mace folds into a square as its holstered. The shield would give guaranteed electric procs on attacks that hit enemies with said shield.

I must admit that my concept is on the edges of legality for what concerns this contest, but I wanted to do something interesting and fun, and this is what I concluded with something that hopefully it's not too out there to be accepted.

Name: Helminth Tusk

Faction: Infested / Helminth

Grip Type: Nikana

Description: Helminth asks the tenno to let him feast on the enemy blood, the tenno comes to an agreement with the entity in the ship, Helminth will help trough a piece of its own body, asking for the tenno to teach him the Tenno ways of fighting. Complete Helminth challenges to evolve the blade, in exchange, it will lend its power and evolve to suit you better!

But is the Tenno to guide the Blade or the Blade to guide the Tenno?

dYjWpIN.png

Edited by Regar
typo

2ftRUwo.png

Artwork by: Undergroundwubwubmaster / @evergreenmind<3

Personal Notes:

Spoiler

Palikasti - a Void powered energy sword, staff and polearm (with possibility for expansion i.e. Daggers).

I tried marrying my love of Star Wars and Duck Dodgers energy swords to the marked lack of similar weapons in Warframe. The result is a weapon that can use stances for Swords, Staves or Polearms (because I loved that mechanic in the Dark Split Sword), changing its primary damage type accordingly. Palikasti is a bit on the void-magical side, since it uses very little technology and works more like a conduit for Warframe energy, making it unusable by enemies and immune to Sentient interference. I wanted it to synergize with the Channelling mechanic since we don't have many weapons that encourage its use. So Palikasti is built to do a small amount of damage on its own, but when energized with Channelling it gets an increased Status chance and an 6x damage multiplier

Lore-wise I imagine it was built and used in the later days of the Old War by some very creative Tenno, and afterwards for a long time it was exhibited in a fancy Corpus museum as a "Mysterious Betrayer Artifact" that nobody knew how to use. That is, until a band of Tenno thieves Mission-Impossible'd  into the facility and made off with it and some other rare items from Nef Anyo's private collection.

Edited by LordPreda

Every weapon design look great : D
Especially, I really Like the Umbrella and fan Idea weapon is will be cool to see in game.

I think I should try a new different weapon idea for fun. (Sorry for my Poor English because I don't use frequently but I will try to Improve)

Name :  Efude and Makimono (I try to translate a simple word Brush and Scroll from English to Japanese Language, I don't Know I choose the right word or not becuase I don't Learn Japanese language)

Faction : Tenno

Grip Type : Sword and Shield (or new weapon type Scroll)

Description : The old relic from the Orokin Era use by the high rank tenno to protect and defense.
It looklike a normal scroll that don't have anything special ,however the only true tenno know the potential of this.
It simple to use by detach the Brush from the Scroll and write the word by using the brush act like sword to devasted enemy
and Chanelling Scroll to create the word for defense, with this thing you can command your word to become power.

AqtU1zS.jpg

Fun Idea: can use Different Stance for differencet language.

Hello everyone! This is my idea of a style of weapon I would love to see in game, (Totally serious).

All the other desings look amazing, cheers to all and good luck! :D

Name: Striscia (aka Rapurrier)

Faction: Tenno (orokin inspiration)

Stance: Rapier

Description: This is an elegant weapon for the tenno who want to gut enemies out efficiently and at the same time keep their look cute and classy. 

2llfXM1.jpg

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)petenge said:

So far i think this is the best melee weapon design i have seen it is very descriptive and has many draws from which you can get a very good idea of how the weapon works, i would really like to see this one ingame

Reminds me of the void sword from the anime Guilty Crown, was it inspired by it?

Dolor the consumer

faction :infested

grip type : fists

Large infested gaunlet crafted during the orikin era using infested fossils. Charging it will unleash spike from the ground . This powerful  gaunlet granted for only tenno who can handle the power of the infested. Charging it will release infested wave of  thrones  from the ground for short period of time and providing life steel and shield regeneration 

Name: Hiryu

Faction: Tenno

Grip type: Throwable

Description:

This weapon leans more towards direct combat with its increased power and size, being able to reach further when sparring. However, it is slower than the average throwing weapon and does not reach as far when thrown.

When channeling mid flight, the weapon has a similar mechanic when power throw is equipped. The Hiryu lets out a beast like scream and further extends its blades with energy for an instant instead of exploding. This will mainly cover the targeted area horizontally and this can only be executed once per throw. This works a bit like the old slideattack of the telos boltace.

Edited by MinHD

Faction: Mutalist/Infested

Brief Description: "Corrupted Masamune"

Found deep within the Orokin void, these once weapons by the old earthwalkers are now inhabited by the infested and it appears to have mutated to have a mind of it's own, though the Tenno took these weapons in and made adjustments for them to be able to use it in battle

The blade since being corrupted has been chipped and snapped already but the infestation has been keeping it in place-- due to it the Tenno have thought of using it as an advantage

Grip/Stance: Swords 

Slide Attack: The blades detach and works like a chain during slide attacks thus covering more ground

Melee Hold: Hold the Melee button to grapple to an enemy CBwUiRR.jpg

Battle Aegis

Faction: Tenno

Grip: Heavy Blade Grip

Info: The Tenno was developing a secret weapon long ago, but it has never seen the battlefield. It eventually was returned to the Tenno and is reforged into the Battle Aegis. In combat, the Battle Aegis is neutral until swung. When swinging, the Battle Aegis deploys laser swords from three sides and damages enemies.

The alt-fire mode is when swinging the shield creates a shockwave-like projectile toward enemy.

33565180342_5cc3f3c46f.jpg

32907969413_9a3258e50e.jpg

Name: Ruptera (Based off Rupture, as in to cause a breach or break something, and Terra, which means earth)

Faction: Grineer

Stance: Hammer (Default Crushing Ruin)

Description:

Based off the archaic pickax, this former mining tool has been adapted for battle or, more specifically, the execution of traitorous Grineer such as the Kavor or Steel Meridian and the armored Warframes piloted by the tenno. With a hollow pick super-heated by an interior coil, this war-pick has been designed to easily puncture through armor with little to no resistance.

The Ruptera also comes with an overcharge feature, where extra energy can be pumped into the pick to allow it to tear through armor and leave enemies completely exposed (Which can unfortunately be harnessed by the Tenno's channeling ability and/or charge attacks should it end up in their hands).

Artwork:

HARBINGER SCYTHES SERIES

Dual Bladed Scythe

Factions : Tenno

Forged and used during the Tenno’s rebellion against the Orokin , the Harbinger scythes were custom made blades for the deadliest of Tenno assassins

The scythe served well to the Orokin’s downfall , yet the ancient weapon was long lost after the war , until now

bCbPlmX.jpg

Lesser Harbinger

Type : Machette
A fragment of the original design , a piece of a whole , Lesser Harbinger is available early game with

Decent speed , medium slash , medium puncture , and cheap to build

Spine Harbinger

Type : Scythe

Stance : Stalking Fan
The prototype of the great weapon , the backbone , the first model , the standard version , aimed for middle game , Spine Harbinger’s stat consists of

Same speed , higher slash , medium puncture , require 1 Lesser Harbinger to build

Hydra Harbinger

Type : Polearm

Stance : Bleeding Willow

The Great Harbinger itself in its final form , the handpicked choice for ancient Tenno assassins , intended as late game weapon , Hydra Harbinger have

Highest Slash , Medium Puncture , same speed as Spine Harbinger

Changing Stance mod on Hydra Harbinger from Polearm to Dual Swords will form it into Dual Harbinger

Dual Harbinger

Type : Dual Swords

Stance : Crossing Snakes

In distress situation needing of more speed and single target attacks , Hydra Harbinger can split into Dual Harbinger , delivering quick strikes and deep cut

Medium Slash , Highest Puncture , Fastest Speed

Inspired by Dark Split-Sword and the build up system for Bo > Tipedo > Lesion

Edited by Wraether

Name: Sigmacor

Faction: Cephalon

Brief Description: Grip-type: Sword. When holstered it folds itself for easy carriage. When unholstered it reveals its true and elegant, yet deadly nature. Launches gravitational orbs identical to the Simulor when heavy attacks are used.

LGeuP7V.png

Faction: Corpus

Brief Description: The Corpus Tremohran utilizes hammer stances and is capable of deploying a Shock Rod which periodically releases a shockwave similar to a Death Orb, or a Shockwave Moa. Likewise, enemies caught in the shockwave will be sent flying! In in its default mode, its primary damage is puncture. However once the shock rod is deployed, the primary damage is changed to impact. Performing a charge attack will reload another shock rod which can be deployed else where. Shock rods will expire after a certain duration.

Original Artwork:

X1mpfXO.png

BD2tEEg.png

Edited by Raisha
updating images

vendaval_by_mrhashi-db3w1tj.jpg

Suggested Name: Vendaval

Faction: Grineer

Stance: Heavy blade

Description: A simple but devastating sword wich is formed by two tubes of solid steel with energized blades, when channeling the energy the blade opens to form a giant diapason whose vibration is able to stun the enemies.

Good luck to everyone.

5 minutes ago, Keke said:

Name: Sigmacor

Faction: Cephalon

Brief Description: Grip-type: Sword. When holstered it folds itself for easy carriage. When unholstered it reveals its true and elegant, yet deadly nature. Launches gravitational orbs identical to the Simulor when heavy attacks are used.

LGeuP7V.png

yes...all the  yes

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Faction: Grinner

Brief Desciption: When drawn, upper blade case will move upward and emit blue light. Tapping melee would use the dual cleaver animation grip. When holding charge attack, it will make a defend stance and beam will glow stronger. And when released, it will unleash x mark in the front of user. The x mark will pierce through enemy and travel up to 5 meter then dissapear.

4ajizR0.jpg

AHuU9St.jpg

The COSIS
Faction: INFESTED
Grip: NUNCHAKU (Shaku, Ninkondi)
Description: Originally a square-bladed vibrocutter for precision cutting of battleship armor plates during construction, this once single-part tool has been ripped in two by infestation but stays connected through an overgrown cable that can not be cut by conventional means anymore. The high-frequency vibroplate at one end still vibrates and is still capable of carving through flesh, bone and armor. At the other end, the protruding remains of its power connection have grown into vicious claws that flail about unpredictably. Carrying this unwieldy but powerful nunchaku into battle is a dance on a humming, oscillating razor's edge.

(Glad I finally got the time to make this presentable. Been carrying around the idea for a while now but never had any time. If time is further permitting, I might go and do a 3D sculpt of this some time, though I doubt I'll make it till contest deadline.)

Faction: Tenno

Grip: Polearm
Brief Description: Tsubomi is a dual-headed mace used to deliver crushing blows. It's heads are reminiscent of lotus buds, which open up while channeling. Also while channeling, spikes of energy are generated from the tips of the weapon, making it easier to pierce through enemy armor.

lotusMace_promo_zpszhfx0nqp.png

A submission I hope some like the look of. Please enjoy.

Weapon Name: Ghanaloh (G-Han-A-Low)

(Working title. Combination of the words Ghana, meaning Hammer in Sanskrit, and Lohadanda which means Battle Axe. An attempt at following the naming convention of Ayatan Sculptures)

Grip: Hammer or Heavy Blade depending on Stance

Faction: Orokin

9hxKqeT.jpg

Description: A guardian for an Ayatan Sculpture needs a weapon just as ornate as the treasures they protect. Wielding the Ghanaloh, the Orokin Palaka* were ceremonial. Rarely seeing combat. But when challenged, these disciplined fighters could use the Ghanaloh with brutal finesse to deliver crushing and decapitating blows.

Shifting the weapon between hammer and axe, the Palaka were renowned for catching opponents off guard. Combined with the Ghanaloh’s ability to launch the head out on a chain with a powerful, sweeping attack, and the Palaka were warriors as fluid in their fighting style as the eternal sculptures they guarded.

(*P-AL-Aka. Sanskrit for Guardian. Keeping in theme.)

A little Chibi demonstration of the Charged Attack done by a friend who wishes to remain Anonymelon

AKK4qwB.jpg

Name: Zan Nazr

Faction: Infested

Grip: Heavy Blade

Description: Zan Nazr is an (now) infested prototype, who was based on the very early version of the Jat Kittag. Due to the lack of fuel, the infestation found another catalyst: blood. Since the weapon is not fully covered in infested flesh, it knows who it's cuts, due to the brain mass on top of the hammerhead, connected trough veins and nerves who are buried in- and outside the weapon.
The (beforehand) collected blood accelerate Zan Nazr trough three small rocket engines, allowing heavy attacks; also grants with raising combo two buffs, indicating how much blood is collected.

NtnReCu.jpg

W749cCT.jpg

Edited by Curanthor
Typo

• Valbanic
  • Faction - Grineer
  • Grip Type - Staff/ pole weapon (ie, Amphis)
  • Description - A volcanic dual mace staff engineered by the grineer to wreak havoc among those who oppose them. With a single hit from either mace will deal fire damage and puncture damage. with a ground slam to the ground will release a volcanic wave that can reach enemies depending upon the range of the weapon. With the strength of a volcano, melt your enemies tennoValbanic.jpg

.eJwFwVEOxBAQANC7OIBhUNWD9H9WRSWKMP3a7N3

Edited by (XB1)DeltaCommander5