Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

being blackmail to pay 500$

xmafiax-roly

me and my friends are being threaten by a ex friend /saying that if me and my friend don't make payment plan of 500$ that he will get are accounts banned permanent banned that he has proof of us confessing to it when we had nothing to do with it ...he has audio of us saying it but we were joking and were not actually apart of it and we were now scared and trying to reason with them and terrified of us being banned , witch made us confess to a crime we did not commit and try to get money out of us . he is accusing us of going into his account and selling his warfare and items out of his inventory and turning them into in game currency , not selling them to other players for platinum as far as i know he has the credits and is planning to use us to get money and he has 3 accounts. the items sold ,were not traded they were sold in the inventory system and credits were in there account ,former friends a threatening to get my war frame account banned and have audio of me confessing to something i did not do and are wanting to send it to DE if i dont pay for 500$ of stuff sold on his account buy someone else and that i was to blame , im a 3 year member of warframe and am being threatens my account and i am being made the fall guy ... they want me and my friend to make a payment plan to give them 500$ or my account will be banned.

Edited by xmafiax-roly

Don't name and shame on the forums, edit the names out.

I mean, if he doesn't get more proof then just you saying it, you can't be banned, heck I don't think its possible for you to be banned for selling his items for credits. The IP address of where the account was logged on from is also recorded,(Well, I assume since they know when you log on an alt, or interact with an account on the same IP) so if you haven't accessed his account from your IP, then really there's nothing else to say.

Sorry if that's confusing. 

Edited by PoisonHD

Warframe Terms of Use Agreement

"Please note that, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your User ID and password, and you agree to notify us if your password is lost, stolen, or disclosed to an unauthorized third party, or otherwise may have been compromised. You are solely responsible for all activities and transactions that occur under your Account (including purchases and charges, as applicable), and Digital Extremes is not responsible for any unauthorized use of your account, including without limitation in the event that your password is stolen or revealed to a third party. You agree to immediately notify Digital Extremes of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security in relation to the Website, the Use/Service or the Game known to you by submitting a ticket to Support.  Digital Extremes provides you with the choice to change your password in order to safeguard your Account."

TL;DR He's responsible for what goes down on his account.

4 minutes ago, ChargeBeam said:

Warframe Terms of Use Agreement

"Please note that, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your User ID and password, and you agree to notify us if your password is lost, stolen, or disclosed to an unauthorized third party, or otherwise may have been compromised. You are solely responsible for all activities and transactions that occur under your Account (including purchases and charges, as applicable), and Digital Extremes is not responsible for any unauthorized use of your account, including without limitation in the event that your password is stolen or revealed to a third party. You agree to immediately notify Digital Extremes of any unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security in relation to the Website, the Use/Service or the Game known to you by submitting a ticket to Support.  Digital Extremes provides you with the choice to change your password in order to safeguard your Account."

TL;DR He's responsible for what goes down on his account.

I have recording of him saying I need to pay him 500$ or I will get banned permenatly ...

Just now, xmafiax-roly said:

I have recording of him saying I need to pay him 500$ or I will get banned permenatly ...

That would be him making a baseless accusation that has no grounds whatsoever. Only [DE] can pull up the information that is required here, and even then the only person at fault is him because he didn't protect his account from unauthorized access/unauthorized actions regarding his account.

Just now, ChargeBeam said:

That would be him making a baseless accusation that has no grounds whatsoever. Only [DE] can pull up the information that is required here, and even then the only person at fault is him because he didn't protect his account from unauthorized access/unauthorized actions regarding his account.

if he sends ticket say that I stole his stuff and he has proof that I have nothing to worry about ..

23 minutes ago, PoisonHD said:

Don't name and shame on the forums, edit the names out.

I mean, if he doesn't get more proof then just you saying it, you can't be banned, heck I don't think its possible for you to be banned for selling his items for credits. The IP address of where the account was logged on from is also recorded,(Well, I assume since they know when you log on an alt, or interact with an account on the same IP) so if you haven't accessed his account from your IP, then really there's nothing else to say.

Sorry if that's confusing. 

I'm sorry that I put the names I'm new to this  and I never went into his account

4 minutes ago, xmafiax-roly said:

if he sends ticket say that I stole his stuff and he has proof that I have nothing to worry about ..

His "proof" has no grounds. What [DE] has in their systems is the only solid proof. All other data can be edited and/or mocked up.

It's one of the reasons so many game companies don't accept screenshots and things like that as definitive proof that someone is doing something wrong in their game(s). They instead (and rightfully so) go through their own systems to see if anything is wrong. If something looks fishy, they act on it.

At the end of the day, however, regardless of it all, THE CREATOR OF AN ACCOUNT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS ON THE ACCOUNT PERIOD.

EDIT: I'll also add that IP Addresses are a terrible basis for investigations nowadays due to so many people using VPNs.

Edited by ChargeBeam

4 minutes ago, ChargeBeam said:

His "proof" has no grounds. What [DE] has in their systems is the only solid proof. All other data can be edited and/or mocked up.

It's one of the reasons so many game companies don't accept screenshots and things like that as definitive proof that someone is doing something wrong in their game(s). They instead (and rightfully so) go through their own systems to see if anything is wrong. If something looks fishy, they act on it.

At the end of the day, however, regardless of it all, THE CREATOR OF AN ACCOUNT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS ON THE ACCOUNT PERIOD.

thanx you so much for your support you have seriously lifted my pain from my heart

I sent a ticket to DE do I wait for a reply or forget it

Depends on what exactly you sent but assuming you reported the players there will probably be some sort of follow up on their end, when the ticket is done they will send you a message saying the issue has been resolved and you can decide what to do from there.

Just now, -Amaterasu- said:

Depends on what exactly you sent but assuming you reported the players there will probably be some sort of follow up on their end, when the ticket is done they will send you a message saying the issue has been resolved and you can decide what to do from there.

ok thanx you

thanx you so much for your support you have seriously lifted my pain from my heart

Course. :3 No worries. As others have said in this thread and the other one you have, get in contact with the Support Staff and explain everything as simply as possible.

I restate again, just to drive the point home (and as a reminder to keep your various game accounts safe as this applies to pretty much any online game you play) you are responsible for everything that happens on your account and the security of your account.

(Miser_able makes a good point as well. Blackmail is considered a crime in most areas, so if you really feel up to it you could contact your local authorities. I recommend contacting DE first though.)

This is bizzare I can barely understand you. Is english your first language?

Regardless if you really did nothing wrong you should have nothing to worry about. Just let support know whats going on, give them your evidence and try to explain to them better than you did to us. And be patient. It may be weeks before they reply and let you know the issue is resolved.

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

This is bizzare I can barely understand you. Is english your first language?

Regardless if you really did nothing wrong you should have nothing to worry about. Just let support know whats going on, give them your evidence and try to explain to them better than you did to us. And be patient. It may be weeks before they reply and let you know the issue is resolved.

English is not my first language sorry

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

No need to apologize. Your english is decent for a non-native speaker. Better than I can speak any of the second languages I have attempted learning.

so it is all his fault for not having his account safe ....since the terms and agreements say that