Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anti-Aliasing Options

Arniox

A while ago, I think before or slightly after TWW came out, DE removed and replaced one of the Anti-Aliasing options. It was my favourite and worked incredibly well on my PC giving me high performance for an extremely high-quality look.

The old option was Temporal. I used to use Temporal AA + SMAA and get an extremely amazing look to the game with very high performance, but a while ago, DE removed that option completely and replaced it with TAA. For my PC specifically, TAA looks horrible and blurs energy and lines around me, almost like adding too much AA to a scene. It looks horrible and hurts my eyes to look at so I'm stuck using the lesser version of what I loved so dearly; SMAA (medium). I think the problem might derive from the fact that my resolution is relatively low (not full 1080), however, with the temporal option, this hindrance did not effect me.

(Screenshot of current option):

Spoiler

cad81f5f87bdec0dc4292c4755efc626.jpg

(Screenshot of the blur with TAA(8x) on and sharpening max (a little hard to see, the blur is a lot more visible on energy effects and around distance objects. Without maxing the sharpening, this blur is a lot more pronounced and makes it even harder to see. Also, the TAA almost adds this faint look of black lines around ever edge which further makes the game look bad)):

Spoiler

4d2f09d64c3d5306c6046c86ed193787.jpg

8674d5da2a3e4ce46d24a1bff2fa57d5.jpg

6a1db683ad9fd7500fe719bb9e66f474.jpg

e8bd7d5da23e507fcef54243ae036e9e.jpg

DE, can you please add temporal AA back into the game as a 5th option on top of the current TAA(8x), SMAA(Medium), and SMAA(low). I would greatly appreciate it if you did so since I want the game to look beautiful once more.

Thanks once again DE,
-Arniox

i patiently await the ghosting issues that SMAA with a Temporal Filter was causing to be resolved - which was a big part of why it was removed.

and once resolved, to use it again. moderate strength SMAA(implementation in Warframe unfortunately seems to be low strength like 1x, when 2x would be desired) with a Temporal Filter and a Sharpen Filter is pmuch the ultimate Anti-Aliasing for the time being.

On 3/4/2017 at 6:31 PM, taiiat said:

i patiently await the ghosting issues that SMAA with a Temporal Filter was causing to be resolved - which was a big part of why it was removed.

and once resolved, to use it again. moderate strength SMAA(implementation in Warframe unfortunately seems to be low strength like 1x, when 2x would be desired) with a Temporal Filter and a Sharpen Filter is pmuch the ultimate Anti-Aliasing for the time being.

yeah, that would be nice. Although I never got any ghosting issues. Not sure what caused it, but my friend got the issues. But it worked amazingly for me.

This is what it used to look like with the old temporal + smaa (stacked, which in hindsight, might actually be the reason why it looked good.)

Spoiler

a64dec4124b31c45dba4e801bfbaf015.jpg

Edited by Arniox

26 minutes ago, Arniox said:

(stacked, which in hindsight, might actually be the reason why it looked good.)

most assuredly - different Post Processing methods that hide different types of Aliasing issues working together.
as ofcourse one could get excellent results by forcing say, MSAA 64x.... but people also want playable framerates and reasonable memory consumption too. :)

13 hours ago, taiiat said:

most assuredly - different Post Processing methods that hide different types of Aliasing issues working together.
as ofcourse one could get excellent results by forcing say, MSAA 64x.... but people also want playable framerates and reasonable memory consumption too. :)

MSAA 65x..... LOL

the newest game, Ghost recon: wildlands, has an MSAA 8x, MSAA 64x would be f**king amazing but you would run a slide show

• 4 weeks later...
On 5.3.2017 at 10:40 PM, Arniox said:

MSAA 65x..... LOL

the newest game, Ghost recon: wildlands, has an MSAA 8x, MSAA 64x would be f**king amazing but you would run a slide show

Don't forget the resolution scale of up to 2.00 resulting in 4x resolution total. More pixels at geometry to be multisampled, the "more smoother" it will become! ;-)

The overall sampling could be referred to as 32xS.

To be honest I would appreciate such a setting in Warframe a lot. TAA results in glitches with SLI und may still deliver some aliasing. I'm just sitting here at DX9 and 4x SGSSAA. ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )_/¯ 

43 minutes ago, B01scout said:

Don't forget the resolution scale of up to 2.00 resulting in 4x resolution total. More pixels at geometry to be multisampled, the "more smoother" it will become! ;-)

The overall sampling could be referred to as 32xS.

To be honest I would appreciate such a setting in Warframe a lot. TAA results in glitches with SLI und may still deliver some aliasing. I'm just sitting here at DX9 and 4x SGSSAA. ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )_/¯ 

Many tears my friend. Many tears. 

But yeah. Would love some better options

On 3.4.2017 at 9:28 PM, Arniox said:

Many tears my friend. Many tears. 

But yeah. Would love some better options

Windows 10 Creators Update seems to crash Warframe at DX9 now.

┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻