The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban and Trinity Honeymoon

Atekron

It is fun event but it's only for Vauban and Trinity, maybe sometimes Nova show up, and Limbo. There is no point to take anything else if you want to do long run.

I really like this event, and after DE give participation prize to everybody community calm down a little, and I hope for future events over frames would be invited too.

Hey, I'm running with a MR3 newbie Mag (seriously, I had to give them basic mods to make any 'frame viable) and they're actually doing well.  Via voice chat we've been going over tactics; where to place Magnetize, when to use Pull, etc., and so far, they have gone down the least over the last 7 runs. 

I still firmly believe that it's not the 'frame, it's the player and this experience has reinforced that. 

1 hour ago, Azlen said:

And my clan got to almost 250 Kavors rescued with an Equinox that died the least out of our squad of 2 trins and vauby. It's all about how well you know how to use the tools you have.

why anybody need to die if you have two trinity and 2 CC?

6 hours ago, SeaUrchins said:

That's the popular belief among future 90% loser clans in the event kek

I knew full well my clan wasn't going to be in the 10% for this event, and that has no bearing on my comment.  Been saying it for years here.

Two Slow Novas and Two Trinities. Not only are they both ladies but it's a lady party too. Can't get better than that.

Split into two teams, Slowa+Trinity on B, another Slowa+Trinity on C, both sides have Bless, EV and Slow + Damage bonus from Molecular.
Works wonder. Sadly only got to 150 rescued because the framerate decided to go from godlike to ~10 for some reason after we got 150.

Edited by Acersecomic

1 hour ago, Acersecomic said:

Two Slow Novas and Two Trinities. Not only are they both ladies but it's a lady party too. Can't get better than that.

Split into two teams, Slowa+Trinity on B, another Slowa+Trinity on C, both sides have Bless, EV and Slow + Damage bonus from Molecular.
Works wonder. Sadly only got to 150 rescued because the framerate decided to go from godlike to ~10 for some reason after we got 150.

I did that same thing 2 days ago. Went great. Imo that is the best tactic. 

You shouldn't bring damage frames if you are going endurance. If your tonkor tickles a level 4000+  ancient disruptor, an ember is not going to get you anywhere. The hardest thing about this event is the AI, Tileset RNG, and if you have a life or not :clem: 

This is just discussion about what frames to use. Most of the time people forgotten to take into account the skill n power level of the weapons of the players. Those make serious differences when in very high level. 

Trinity, vauban etc all are useless in very high level isthe players are not good enough

1 minute ago, kyori said:

This is just discussion about what frames to use. Most of the time people forgotten to take into account the skill n power level of the weapons of the players. Those make serious differences when in very high level. 

Trinity, vauban etc all are useless in very high level isthe players are not good enough

I'm not sure I would say it really takes much skill. 

If Trin is there to keep energy topped up and Vauban has high efficiency, it hardly matters whether the Vauban has high/low range, repelling or not, any strength or not etc. Nothing should move and it hardly takes skill. You just keep spamming bastilles all around you. 

I do agree though that considering you need to keep life support up for the medi-towers, you do need to take into account more than just the frame. You need very good weapons with forma and the right builds so you can scale long enough, and keep taking down enemies for life support to keep the medi-towers going. 

But... the enemies don't even get that high level that quickly. At like 125 rescues or thereabouts they haven't even reached sortie 3 level yet. It's not like it exactly takes skill to kill them with weapons either. If they are cc'd by Bastille you are well protected. It isn't really a matter of being skilled with weapons, just having the right builds/amount of forma. 

In other words, I wouldn't really say it so much takes skill as it takes being prepared with the right gear and being prepared in terms of physical endurance for a long run. 

16 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I've happened to team up with a trinity among us 4 and he starts to drop often after 150+. Keep forgetting to use blessing n uses non-AOE weapons. 

So what I'm saying is everything has to be taken account of. Not just simply discussing about frames. 

15 minutes ago, kyori said:

I've happened to team up with a trinity among us 4 and they start to drop often after 150+. Keep forgetting to use blessing and uses non-AOE weapons

So what I'm saying is everything has to be taken account of. Not just simply discussing about frames. 

36 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

In other words, I wouldn't really say it so much takes skill as it takes being prepared with the right gear and being prepared in terms of physical endurance for a long run. 

I feel like you're reinforcing @Tesseract7777's words with your evidence.

As for me, I had a good pub run with a Limbo, Ember, and another Trin. Too bad they were geared for Bless and soon starts to fail when the delay mechanic doesn't allow them to heal the defectors.

Edited by Beggining
Woop da Woop

7 minutes ago, Beggining said:

I feel like you're reinforcing @Tesseract7777's words with your evidence. I had a good run with a Limbo, Ember, and another Trin. Too bad they were geared for Bless and soon starts to fail when they couldn't heal the defectors.

Yeah I feel like he is proving my point for me here. 

He says "it isn't just about the frames" (which I already agreed with as weapons matter too). 

But he is saying "it isn't just about frames", when clearly the team he was in wasn't paying enough attention to frames to begin with. Maybe that Trin in his group went down because the group didn't have enough cc. All things are important and his group wasn't giving enough attention to frames combination it seems. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

9 minutes ago, Beggining said:

I feel like you're reinforcing @Tesseract7777's words with your evidence.

As for me, I had a good pub run with a Limbo, Ember, and another Trin. Too bad they were geared for Bless and soon starts to fail when the delay mechanic doesn't allow them to heal the defectors.

Oh sorry, tl;dr on his message