The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sound Quake: Enemy recuperance time

Bibliothekar

As it stands, enemies recover from Sound Quake pretty much immediately and can start shooting at Banshee again while she's still animation-locked and unable to do anything about it. A while back, Mag had the same problem with Crush and @[DE]Grineeer changed it so enemies would be knocked down when the ability ends and have to get up again. I really think that Banshee would benefit from this as well - especially when you end the ability not because all enemies in its range are dead, but because you ran out of energy.

Ultimately, I hope for Sound Quake to get a rework and become a less stationary ability, but in the meantime - can we have that knockdown, please?

I've never had any issue with sound quake stunlocking enemies unless they just ignore the CC like ospreys.

13 minutes ago, Bibliothekar said:

Ultimately, I hope for Sound Quake to get a rework and become a less stationary ability, but in the meantime - can we have that knockdown, please?

Technically it already does knockdown it's just that the stagger from the quake overrides the blast procs.

1 minute ago, -Amaterasu- said:

I've never had any issue with sound quake stunlocking enemies unless they just ignore the CC like ospreys.

Stunlocking isn't a problem. It's what comes afterwards, when you turn the ability off again (willingly or because you're out of energy). While Banshee is still locked in an animation for a second or two, any left over enemy recovers almost immediately.

5 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Technically it already does knockdown it's just that the stagger from the quake overrides the blast procs.

Hm ... in that case, why not remove the stagger and let the blast proc do its work? I'd be fine with either way.

1 hour ago, Bibliothekar said:

Stunlocking isn't a problem. It's what comes afterwards, when you turn the ability off again (willingly or because you're out of energy). While Banshee is still locked in an animation for a second or two, any left over enemy recovers almost immediately.

Then just don't use it out in the open, time when you end to the last tick so you get some breathing room, or bring Natural Talent, it seems like a pretty fair risk to me considering you get to stunlock basically the whole map for almost a minute.

8 hours ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Could solve this issue by making the ending proc be a single blast knockdown, but the whole, "stop using it out in the open," is usually the better solution anyway.

18 hours ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Then just don't use it out in the open, time when you end to the last tick so you get some breathing room

10 hours ago, Chipputer said:

but the whole, "stop using it out in the open," is usually the better solution anyway.

Those Uranus corridors don't provide much in terms of cover that enemies can't walk around quickly. Especially when you come through a door and find yourself in a group of them.

Christ, guys, what's the heck is wrong with you? I just want a simple change/addition to the ability that allows me to use it a bit more freely and without having to fear for my life at higher levels. Why can't you just say "yes, this is a problem and should be dealt with" instead of offering half-baked advice on how I should change my playstyle to accommodate for it?

/e: Come to think about it, the stagger is probably left over from the times before Damage2.0, when that was all we had. And when they reworked the abilities to the new damage types, nobody thought about removing it.

Edited by Bibliothekar

9 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

Christ, guys, what's the heck is wrong with you? I just want a simple change/addition to the ability that allows me to use it a bit more freely and without having to fear for my life at higher levels. Why can't you just say "yes, this is a problem and should be dealt with" instead of offering half-baked advice on how I should change my playstyle to accommodate for it?

Oh, gee. I'm sorry you ignored the first half of my comment where I offered a direct solution and then proceeded to complain about corridors where you could still hide behind corners and other cover.

Your suggestion isn't worth taking seriously if you scoff at advice and also ignore solutions that agree with your topic.

52 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Oh, gee. I'm sorry you ignored the first half of my comment where I offered a direct solution

Might be because that's the same thing I suggested, so not much to say here. ;)

19 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Or just cast Silence or Sonic Boom. The new cast will override the cancel-cast of Sound Quake and CC anyone within range.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but you're locked into 1s of animation at the end of the ability, during which the enemy can already shoot at you again. So that's 1s of you eating lead before you can knock them over.

Also, another funny thing, since the stagger overrides the blast proc, they can safely stand up from being toppled over before getting hit by the stagger. Yeah, ain't that great.

Edited by Bibliothekar

11 hours ago, Bibliothekar said:

Those Uranus corridors don't provide much in terms of cover that enemies can't walk around quickly. Especially when you come through a door and find yourself in a group of them.

If that's the case then all it takes is a little common sense to know not to use it, Sound quake isn't meant to be a panic button with that cast time so if something is really that close to you then use sonic boom instead, ending the ability in a blast proc on everything actually makes it a lot more OP than it is now and is completely unnecessary.

This isn't a problem at all and you should be adjusting your playstyle, she has 3 other powers 2 of which CC and you're treating this as if you can only use her 4, there should be downsides to something as powerful as sound quake and it's perfectly fair. If you play any frame with the mindset that only one of their powers is useful then that's on you to overcome there are plenty of solutions to this.

Edited by -Amaterasu-

If Silence is active while SoundQuake is being decativated the enemies should register as re-entering Silence Aura and being stunned.

Osprey, Jackal, Hyenna, and other apparent non-hearing enemies will ignore the Silence stun.

The Range of Silence and SoundQuake are matched, unless using Resonating Quake.

I think it was intended ever since they removed SoundQuake's Invulnerability  cast animation and also made it a toggle that you are Channeled in Sound Quake shorter than your Silence duration. 

Or as was already stated, you cast silence upon exiting SoundQuake.

As all 3 of her CC tools pass through walls just fine.. it would be hard to support making her AFK CC ability even easier to use.