Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Syndicate Concept] Syndicate Expansion - Syndicate Citadels, Influence System, Syndicate Gears, Hit Squads, and more

FoxFX

REDDIT LINK

VXN8Di2g.jpg

SYNOPSIS

Since the release of Syndicates, these groups have applied their influences to Tenno alike. You are given the honor of carrying a sigil of these Syndicates collecting Standings for exclusive rewards. At a small chance do the rival Syndicates come to attack players.

Now in this concept, all 6 Syndicates will attempt to gain influential control on the main planets of the Star Map. Introducing in this expansion concept is a more passive way for players to assist a Syndicate's control on the Star Maps.

INFLUENCE SYSTEM SUMMARY

Simply by entering the common missions on a planet, players will increase their supporting Syndicate's influence on the planet they play on. The Syndicates that gain the most influence in each planet will be ranked after every few hours to determine who is the top Syndicate in a planet. There is also some special benefits given to Tenno of a planet's top Syndicate whenever they enter a mission in their conquered planets!

SYNDICATE CITADELS SUMMARY

Each of the 14 Planets will contain a Syndicate Citadel which will home the top Syndicate group that rules in a planet. Tenno representing enemies of the top Syndicates can attack these Citadels to cut off Influence Points from a Syndicate. Tenno can also strategically provide their special Warframe Specters called "Citadel Guards" to thwart these attacking Tenno.

SYNDICATE HIT SQUAD NEW DROP SUMMARY

Syndicate Hit Squads can now drop a special item that a player can turn in for additional Standings to any Syndicate they choose.

NEW SYNDICATE GEARS SUMMARY {WIP}

Special Syndicate Gear items that are more utility that players can utilize in missions.

WEEKLY SYNDICATE SUMMARY {WIP}

Each week, players can gain rewards based on their Syndicate's week of influence in the entire Star Maps.

IN-DEPTH DETAIL OF THE SYNDICATE EXPANSION CONCEPT

Spoiler

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_pvVE47P3a8/hqdefault.jpg

SYNDICATE EXPANSION CONCEPT

This concept is a post of a few key ideas to expand and make Syndicates play a bigger role in the Warframe universe. As of now, Syndicates are from some perspective a means to farm Standings to gain exclusive rewards. The only unique effect Syndicates have in the game is when a Syndicate Hit Squad would appear to take out an opposing representative Tenno. This concept is to produce new ideas to have the community as a whole recognize Syndicates as something that can change special outcomes in the Star Chart that they themselves can control with little to no hassle.

SYNDICATE PLANETARY INFLUENCE SYSTEM

In this Syndicate Expansion, each planet will now have a special map node called a “Citadel.” A Citadel will indicate the influence all 6 Syndicates have in a planet. Each time a player (wearing a Syndicate Sigil) completes a mission in a specific planet, they passively add “Influence Points” for their respective Syndicate and their Syndicate’s Ally.

Influence Points determine the amount of influence a Syndicate has on a specific planet. The game can tally up the total amount of Influence Points accumulated by each mission players complete on a planet every 6 hours. After every 6 hours, all 6 Syndicates will be ranked #1 to #6 in these Citadel nodes and the score resets.

THE EFFECT OF SYNDICATE CITADEL NODES IN A PLANET

Based on the rank of a Syndicate on a specific planet, players that represent the enemy of the top Syndicate are more likely to be assaulted by the Syndicate Hit Squad.

Players representing the #1 Syndicate in a planet and their ally Syndicate can gain special utility bonuses whenever they enter a planet ruled by the top Syndicate in the Citadel. These bonuses won’t be by any means a direct buff to stats, but they can include utility-based bonuses when doing a mission in a planet they control. Such utility can include:

• A stronger Syndicate Weapon Augment effect (strength based on Syndicate Ranking)
  • A small chance for Syndicate Leaders to auto-hack alarms
  • A Syndicate Leader leaving a special package of ammo/health around a mission tileset (Will have to be opened by a player who is representing that Syndicate)

ATTACKING ENEMY-OWNED SYNDICATE CITADELS

Players can choose to play a “Citadel Mission.” Citadel Mission will be a special Survival+Sabotage mission that can effectively reduce the influence Points of which Syndicate a player group chooses to target. In a way, players can passively increase the Influence of their respective Syndicates as well as actively sabotage another to tip off the competition. NOTE: The top 3 Syndicates in a Citadel can be subject to attack only as long as the player is representing the enemy of a Syndicate.

DEFENDING SYNDICATE CITADELS : CITADEL GUARDS

Players can provide a special Specter of their choosing Warframe to be “Citadel Guards” which will be present when an opposing Syndicate attacks a Citadel. The strength of these Citadel Guards will vary based on the Syndicate Ranking of the offering player. However, players will only be able to provide one Specter. They must strategically and carefully chose which Syndicate Citadel they can let their Specter defend. NOTE: The top 3 Syndicates in a Citadel can be provided a Citadel Guard as long as the player is of those Syndicates or is an ally of any of the top 3.

WEEKLY SYNDICATE REWARDS [WIP]

Every week, the game can tally on which Syndicate has ruled over the most in the Star Map. From #1 Syndicate to #6 Syndicate, players can receive a reward based on the ranking of their Syndicate. As for what these rewards for these weekly Syndicates will be is not yet certain.

NEW REWARD FOR DEFEATING SYNDICATE HIT SQUAD

Defeating a Syndicate Hit Squad can have a chance to drop a special item in which all allies can give to any Syndicate for additional Standings (~5,000 - 15,000). This is similar to the coordinates players chose to turn in during the Operation:Rathuum. Other special rewards for defeating Syndicate Hit Squad will be suggested later.

NEW SYNDICATE GEARS [WIP]

New utility-based Gears can be added in Syndicate Standing Shops. These items will be limited by use however:

• Steel Meridian - Steel Ammo Pack: Instantly restores XXX ammo which can come with a special temporary damage buff for Primary/Secondary based on the amount of Ammo recovered.
  • Arbiter of Hexis - Hexis Awakening Piece: Temporarily increases all Weapon Holster Speed and Reload Time. For duration of the buff, prolongs the damage reduction during a rolling maneuver for X.X seconds.
  • Cephalon Suda - Suda Hacking Module: Overrides Security in a mission and can pause a timer on a Rescue/Spy Mission longer than a Liset Landing Craft Air Support Charge
  • The Perrin Sequence - Perrin Shield Booster: Instantly increases Shields to Overshield Max and temporarily grants increased Shield Recharge Rate
  • Red Veil - Red Smoke Grenade Charge : Instantly creates a red smoke with an XX radius that lasts for ~10-15 seconds. Blinds enemies in the smoke opening them to Stealth Finishers and grants +%Evasion to allies in the smoke.
  • New Loka - Loka Seed : Instantly buffs nearby allies with +Health Regeneration and immunity to Status Ailments for XX Seconds

LIST OF ALL PLANETS THAT CAN HAVE SYNDICATE CITADELS

For now, Citadels can be located in planets excluding LUA, VOID, KUVA FORTRESS, and OROKIN DERELICT. That makes 14 planets each with a Citadel.

Edited by FoxFX

Part of this concept also comes with special unique Syndicate Gears. Items in the gear slot offered by the Syndicates that can assist players with utility-based tactics. As of now, the list of them is as follows:

NEW SYNDICATE GEARS [WIP]

New utility-based Gears can be added in Syndicate Standing Shops. These items will be limited by use however:

• Steel Meridian - Steel Ammo Pack: Instantly restores XXX ammo which can come with a special temporary damage buff for Primary/Secondary based on the amount of Ammo recovered.
  • Arbiter of Hexis - Hexis Awakening Piece: Temporarily increases all Weapon Holster Speed and Reload Time. For duration of the buff, prolongs the damage reduction during a rolling maneuver for X.X seconds.
  • Cephalon Suda - Suda Hacking Module: Overrides Security in a mission and can pause a timer on a Rescue/Spy Mission longer than a Liset Landing Craft Air Support Charge
  • The Perrin Sequence - Perrin Shield Booster: Instantly increases Shields to Overshield Max and temporarily grants increased Shield Recharge Rate
  • Red Veil - Red Smoke Grenade Charge : Instantly creates a red smoke with an XX radius that lasts for ~10-15 seconds. Blinds enemies in the smoke opening them to Stealth Finishers and grants +%Evasion to allies in the smoke.
  • New Loka - Loka Seed : Instantly buffs nearby allies with +Health Regeneration and immunity to Status Ailments for XX Seconds

I am in the progress of working in new Syndicate Gear items. In some cases, I hope to see at least 3 different Syndicate Gears for each Syndicate that matches well with their weapon styles and their philosophy.

EXPLANATION BEHIND THE LIST OF PLANETS CITADELS CAN BE LOCATED IN GAME

The current list of planets were named taken into consideration of player accessibility and all possible locations of colony sites in Warframe lore. Planets/areas that are unlocked through Quests and other special sites were excluded due to the lore behind them.

• Mercury
  • Venus
  • Earth
  • Mars
  • Phobos
  • Ceres
  • Jupiter
  • Europa
  • Saturn
  • Uranus
  • Neptune
  • Pluto
  • Sedna
  • Eris
Edited by FoxFX

FURTHER INSIGHT ON SYNDICATES AND THE CONCEPT

Syndicates in Warframe have felt like it was a new attempt to a typical Faction System in MMOs. In functionality, MMOs with Faction System have competitive mechanics. However, many faction systems have a sense of forcing separation between players especially in PVP. That type of direction can lead to many player dissatisfaction cooperatively and competitively.

In Warframe's case, Syndicates is now in a sense a "PVE/Non-Competitive Faction System." There is no recognition of the Syndicates actually competing against one another outside of Syndicate Hit Squad which is in some sense a weaker form of Stalker attacks. As of now, I see the Syndicate System another form of a "self-market."

When I went up to challenge myself to make a concept for the Syndicates, I had these goals in mind:

• Creating a situation where the Syndicate System can allow inter-player cooperation between players of different factions
  • Creating a passive way for players to compete to see which Syndicate will be the top after a few hours of recorded scores
  • Create and balance new incentive for joining either of the 6 Syndicates
  • Explore a way for Syndicates to have a more notable impact for players during missions
  • Explore a new way to have Syndicates upgrade immersion in Warframe

On 3/8/2017 at 6:31 PM, FoxFX said:

Hide contents

THE EFFECT OF SYNDICATE CITADEL NODES IN A PLANET

Based on the rank of a Syndicate on a specific planet, players that represent the enemy of the top Syndicate are more likely to be assaulted by the Syndicate Hit Squad.

Players representing the #1 Syndicate in a planet and their ally Syndicate can gain special utility bonuses whenever they enter a planet ruled by the top Syndicate in the Citadel. These bonuses won’t be by any means a direct buff to stats, but they can include utility-based bonuses when doing a mission in a planet they control. Such utility can include:

• A stronger Syndicate Weapon Augment effect (strength based on Syndicate Ranking)
  • A small chance for Syndicate Leaders to auto-hack alarms
  • A Syndicate Leader leaving a special package of ammo/health around a mission tileset (Will have to be opened by a player who is representing that Syndicate)

I love the idea of syndicate influence on planets! If I may add, there should be some form of passive effect that effects new players on a planet that has full syndicate influence.

My ideas for that are:

New Loka: Double organic resources(Neurodes, Nano spores, etc.), all organic resources will drop on that planet (small chance if not in drop table).

Perrin: 50% more credits.

Red Veil: Fire... Everywhere...? Still need to think on this one.

Steel Meridian: Corpus missions will have Grineer fighting them, and Grineer missions will have defective clones fighting them.

Suda: Double inorganic resources(Ferrite, Orokin cells, etc.), all inorganic resources will drop on that planet (small chance if not in drop table).

Hexis: Double xp on "ninja like moves" (cipherless hacks, headshots, stealth kills, etc.)

This just popped up in my head when I read this.

Edited by (XB1)Madness103
typo...

On 3/11/2017 at 0:38 AM, (Xbox One)Madness103 said:

I love the idea of syndicate influence on planets! If I may add, there should be some form of passive effect that effects new players on a planet that has full syndicate influence.

My ideas for that are:

New Loka: Double organic resources(Neurodes, Nano spores, etc.), all organic resources will drop on that planet (small chance if not in drop table).

Perrin: 50% more credits.

Red Veil: Fire... Everywhere...? Still need to think on this one.

Steel Meridian: Corpus missions will have Grineer fighting them, and Grineer missions will have defective clones fighting them.

Suda: Double inorganic resources(Ferrite, Orokin cells, etc.), all inorganic resources will drop on that planet (small chance if not in drop table).

Hexis: Double xp on "ninja like moves" (cipherless hacks, headshots, stealth kills, etc.)

This just popped up in my head when I read this.

Thanks for the contribution. I did plan on making some special passive such as these for the Syndicates. I will take your suggestions into consideration.

On 3/17/2017 at 4:28 AM, RestlessDraugr said:

It would be cool to see more interaction between syndicates than just quests and standing. This is a really good idea and I like it.

One of the core reasons behind this concept is to inspire new interactions for the Syndicates. I am glad you enjoy this.

INSIGHT ON THE INFAMOUS "LEFT-SIDE" SYNDICATES

I feel that ever since the release of the Telos Boltlace and the other Syndicate Melee Weapons, the left side of the Syndicates have gained the most recognition as the Syndicates for players to go. This is definitely coupled with the left-side Syndicate's support on the shotguns which are as of now one of the more damaging primary weapons to bring into missions.

While this may seem forward to note this, I feel that this shift in Syndicate favoritism could change in an instant if [DE] were to release new Syndicate Augments/Weapons/Warframe Augments. Even now, the main reason to gain Syndicates is to obtain Standings for Relics and the collect other Mods you have yet to obtain.

Part of the reason for the Syndicate Expansion Concept was to create an incentive for ALL 6 Syndicates for players to join and to create a new interactive feature for them. This would also include a new type of reward which includes the Syndicate Gears.

9 hours ago, zzzNitro said:

I like it, but it looks like a lot of work, maybe after we get the clan/dojo rework?

Most of the work I do is laid out here as personal challenging concept and an attempt to help with new ideas for the game. Alas, this would require more additional work. For a feature like the Syndicates, there is indeed more work that should be done for it.

The release of the new weapon balances may have disrupted the favor over the "left-side Syndicates" by some factors, however I fear that the existence of the Shotgun Mods and other items in the left side Syndicates will still tailor them into their favor by players. However, the work for this concept and what it aims to do has yet to be undone.

I will pursue work on creating a new set of Syndicate Gears for each Syndicate. In the meantime, I might also enlist a set of weapons that could be the second wave of Syndicate Weaponry.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Froztbytes said:

I really wish things like this would get imlpemented ingame some time in the future.

I am glad this concept caught your eye. I have been contemplating on bringing this idea over to the Feedback Section along with other Fan Concepts I have been working on still.

Indeed, I feel that Syndicates should be more than just shops for extra gear and mods. They have a capacity to be more involved in the Star Map and in Warframe's events.

I have thoroughly thought this specific concept out to create something else players can do to pass the time in Warframe. Adding in some sort of inter-player PVE competition such as this Influence System could be something that would spark more fun into the game.

Spoiler

New concept in the works in Reddit known as the Void Endgame. Trying to bring in more life into the Void Tileset along with the Kuva Fortress

Edited by FoxFX

I truly wish there can be more that can be done for this specific Fan Concept, but I feel it maybe time to place an end to it in my archives of Fan Concept under my profile. I hope whoever read through it has thoroughly enjoyed it.

A few things I feel concerned myself over this idea. I fear this concept might draw some wedges between players if implemented. We are discussing a Syndicate Competition Feature here where players will need to go to certain map nodes and increase their Representative Syndicates simply by playing the game with their sigils.

The fact that there is a reward for all Syndicates based on who won the most can create a problem. However, it does welcome new incentive for players to continue the game as they will be rewarded for participating in this Syndicate Influence Feature. But that alone is dependent on the rewards given through this feature.