Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea: "Auction house" marketplace.

-Snowy_Nights-

I assume that the feedback section is the right place for ideas BUT if it isn't then moderators please feel free to move it to the correct place because i sure don't know where lol.

So before i start, i already know that there will be a few or maybe more disagreements about this idea because it doesn't seem like a warframe thing.

Ok so as the title suggests i was thinking of an "Auction house" type market place system where players can list current tradable items for platinum if they just want to sell an item(s) either quicker or if they just want to list it and come back later to check if the item has sold. And to know if that item has been sold you will get an inbox message notifying you if a fellow tenno has purchased your item. Granted this won't get rid of the personal Player to Player trade for this will be for 1 item at a time that you can sell thus continuing to allow you to sell a full set of a prime weapon or warframe at full price. Also this marketplace system could list the Lowest, Average, and Highest price of each item your about to list thus giving you a rough estimate of each part you want to sell IF you were to sell them in a full set to other players. 

The tradeoff for listing an item can be a given amount of credits per listing also adding the balance factor for this type of system. Also the major tradeoff is that this system will only allow you to trade the items you can already only trade to other players like Mods, Prime parts, Etc.

Let me know what you think!

14 minutes ago, .Moesashi_Shirayuki said:

An auction house type marketplace is in most if not all MMO games. not just Diablo 3.

I think you didn't understand me.

Auction House in Diablo 3 was a nightmare and it was deleted by devs because it ruined economy in game.

14 minutes ago, Suncake said:

What we need is a built-in warframe.market. We still have to trade via trading post or on bazaar, but we don't need to Alt+Tab anymore. 

THIS!

built-in warframe.market on the right/left of our solar map

Edited by THeMooN85

10 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

Auction House in Diablo 3 was a nightmare and it was deleted by devs because it ruined economy in game.

though in warframe we already have trading, the only advantage this system will bring is allowing to place a tradable item to quick sell to other players willing to just quickly get what they're looking for so they can do whatever else they need to do in the game. though i assume you were referring to this system being in early game which i played and finished diablo 3 in late 2016 so that's why i didn't fully grasp what you were referring.

Edit: I forgot to add that this will work the same as normal trading cept you can't put platinum in the marketplace, and as long as no one is...uneducated in terms of buying something that's worth less than what is listed then it'd be a decent system. I mean i'm sure DE could change things if they wanted to if they were to consider this.

Edited by .Moesashi_Shirayuki
add new thing.

36 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

I used to play LOTRO which has Auction house, and you know what? Economy was just fine.

Personally I think the game could most certainly use an AH or sorts. It is already evidenced by the player run sites that aid in facilitating the function of an AH. 

On of the things that Warframe really seems to need is a Platinum sink and one of the places where they could add one in a way that wouldn't cause everyone to totally lose it would be a small tax on things sold through an AH. 

Which would still leave trade chat/active trading with other players untaxed and intact. 

The people who seem most opposed to this are those with the most to lose, people who have hoarded rare mods that aren't exactly as rare as they are percieved to be. Due in no short part to the lack of an in game market place.

10 hours ago, THeMooN85 said:

Auction House?

~DIABLO 3~

just sayin'

The D3 Auctionhouse was a cash grab and they "fixed" it by not only removing the AH but by also significantly increasing drops across the game to make it bearable.

When i came into the game one of my many first questions was "where is the AH/Player Market?" At first I though it was a bad thing not to have one but it has grown in me and I love it now. Trading in Warframe requires time to research and social skills and I love it.

11 hours ago, Walkampf said:

I am strongly against an Auction House.

I enjoy interacting with other players. It's a social aspect. Haggling is just fun to me.

"I like it so everyone should like it".

11 hours ago, .Moesashi_Shirayuki said:

An auction house type marketplace is in most if not all MMO games. not just Diablo 3.

It's useless to tell them. They will not take off their tin-hats. There is a certain mentality to hate auction house here with absurd baseless reason like "it will ruin economy look at diablo 3", when there is like 20 A+++ successfull MMOs (not just MMORPGs) outhere which have it running and surprisingly their economy is sound and dandy.

11 hours ago, THeMooN85 said:

Here is tin hat example right here. Just read the conservation above. Basically the translation is:

- I'm against eating in restaurants, because I was in "Joe & Sons" and they cooked bad meat and I had diarrhea.

- There other restaurants that cook meat properly...

- I think you didn't understand me. Meat in "Joe & Sons" was a nightmare and it they stopped serving it because it ruined appetite for their visitors.

Edited by SonicSonedit

33 minutes ago, SonicSonedit said:

It's useless to tell them. They will not take off their tin-hats. There is a certain mentality to hate auction house here with absurd baseless reason like "it will ruin economy look at diablo 3", when there is like 20 A+++ successfull MMOs (not just MMORPGs) outhere which have it running and surprisingly their economy is sound and dandy.

Here is tin hat example right here. Just read the conservation above. Basically the translation is:

- I'm against eating in restaurants, because I was in "Joe & Sons" and they cooked bad meat and I had diarrhea.

- There other restaurants that cook meat properly...

- I think you didn't understand me. Meat in "Joe & Sons" was a nightmare and it they stopped serving it because it ruined appetite for their visitors.

that i also had the question as to why it was JUST diablo 3 he was talking about, cause i myself play a S#&$ ton of MMO's/MMORPG games and Auction houses in them don't seem to ruin the economy of the games because of the fact that you can only put items that are either not bound to your character or specific rare items that aren't from a quest and vise versa. and i mean considering warframe already has trading via Player to Player already and you can trade platinum, that's why i brought up this idea because if this type of thing would "hurt" the economy, then warframe wouldn't even have trading in the first place. And that analogy wasn't half bad btw.

Edited by .Moesashi_Shirayuki
things

Race to the bottom with prices. We don't need stacks of iron to level crafting, we don't have specialized crafting jobs to trade built items, we usually don't need more than 1 of any mod. The economy would crash.

Also this is not the first thread on warframe "needing" an AH. Likely not the last either. The likelihood of DE integrating a third-party website into the game is also essentially zero.

12 hours ago, THeMooN85 said:

D3's problem wasn't the auction house but the way they generated loot at that time. Equipment would be random besides its very base stats and you could drop stuff for any class, not just the one you were playing at the moment. That was what screwed up their market, not the existence of an auction house per se.

Neverwinter has the same kind of auction house and I haven't seen any problems there, because all loot is equal. Same thing in Warframe, every mod (at the same rank) and weapon is the same. The only kind of RNG loot we have are Rivens. So I don't see any problem with having a proper market that doesn't require that I hang around in trade chat for hours on end. Sure, it'd hurt sellers who try to rip off their buyers, but those people can die in a ditch anyway.

21 hours ago, .Moesashi_Shirayuki said:

Let me know what you think!

10 hours ago, SonicSonedit said:

He specific asked for personal opinions. I even gave the reason WHY i prefer the current system over an automated one. You don't have to be a douchebag and lay words in other peoples mouthes, just because somebody has a different opinion.

On 9.3.2017 at 11:00 AM, Walkampf said:

I enjoy interacting with other players. It's a social aspect. Haggling is just fun to me.

You do, however, agree that not everyone might see it that way? It doesn't exactly help that many people will just laugh and block you if you don't hit their expected price (or better) right away. While I do enjoy the occasional stroll through a rag-fair, looking at trinkets and haggling a bit - when it comes to grocery shopping, I just want to grab what I need and pay at the exit. And for the most part, trading in Warframe is grocery shopping to me.

Also, trade chat probably wouldn't go away. For one because, as @.Moesashi_Shirayuki says, you couldn't trade full sets through a marketplace, only single items. Also, you'd still need it for item-for-item trades. So you could still haggle with someone who wants to buy your complete Rhino Prime, but the guy who just needs another Axi A2 could go to the marketplace and get it.