Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow clan mergers

ChuckMaverick

With the focus on clans for 2017 and #MakeClansGreatAgain, there will be players in solo clans who are torn between moving to a bigger clan to fully experience the new content and staying put because of the investment they have made in their current dojo.

Introducing a clan merger system that would allow the investment in dojo rooms, structures and research to be transferred into the vault of the new clan would give players the freedom to better participate in new clan content like the 'Kinpin' system, and defuse a lot of the potential for negative push-back against features that some may otherwise view as exclusionary.

17 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Introducing a clan merger system that would allow the investment in dojo rooms, structures and research to be transferred into the vault of the new clan would give players the freedom to better participate in new clan content like the 'Kinpin' system, and defuse a lot of the potential for negative push-back against features that some may otherwise view as exclusionary.

hmm, i'd on the other hand see it as an opportunity for bigger clans to extort smaller clans - get their resources and then kick their members and you are left with nothing. 

14 minutes ago, --RV--D4VE- said:

hmm, i'd on the other hand see it as an opportunity for bigger clans to extort smaller clans - get their resources and then kick their members and you are left with nothing. 

There's a risk of that, but it's not really any more of a risk than warlords kicking clan members after they have donated to the clan, which can happen now.

The need to do due diligence when looking at a clan to join or merge with will always be there.

The only real issue would be the handling of Trophies and such. I mean I have only unsatisfying solutions in my mind. Like, merge the Trophy stacks... or make the Trophies Bound to the Players who Participated in the Events. And it could pretty much destroy the existing Leaderboards. Buuut I'd love to merge Clans, I got some Solo-Clan friends who don't want to join my Clan because of the effort they already put into their Dojos and Trophies.

10 minutes ago, TrollmeisterXD said:

The only real issue would be the handling of Trophies and such. I mean I have only unsatisfying solutions in my mind. Like, merge the Trophy stacks... or make the Trophies Bound to the Players who Participated in the Events. And it could pretty much destroy the existing Leaderboards. Buuut I'd love to merge Clans, I got some Solo-Clan friends who don't want to join my Clan because of the effort they already put into their Dojos and Trophies.

Well, I call it a merger but really it would have to be a takeover. One clan would get completely absorbed into another.

I hadn't considered trophies, but I guess nothing would really change for the new host clan, and for the clan that got absorbed the trophies could be turned into ornaments given to the members of that clan to put in their orbiter.

Historical leaderboards would stay as they were, current leaderboards would reflect the membership of the new merged clan.

Clan merging could be disabled during clan events, but if rosters get locked for competitive purposes at the start of the event then there's no need even for that.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind absorving smaller clans, anything to increase my empire.

However I can see this geting exploited by some warlords and clans, who will just absorve smallers clans and kick the members of it afterwards. 

Not to mention, what if I invite a smaller clan to join mine and the members of it turnout to be unpleasant to say the least, if I kick them (which I would) that will definately create problems.

4 hours ago, ---RV---Maniac said:

I wouldn't mind absorving smaller clans, anything to increase my empire.

However I can see this geting exploited by some warlords and clans, who will just absorve smallers clans and kick the members of it afterwards. 

Not to mention, what if I invite a smaller clan to join mine and the members of it turnout to be unpleasant to say the least, if I kick them (which I would) that will definately create problems.

I addressed that in an earlier response, it's really no different than kicking people from your clan after they've donated to research or construction projects, just on a larger scale.

If you want to find out whether the clan you're looking to merge with is a good fit, just join an alliance with them first and see how you get on.

A clan merge feature is needed.

On ‎09‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 5:13 PM, ChuckMaverick said:

With the focus on clans for 2017 and #MakeClansGreatAgain, there will be players in solo clans who are torn between moving to a bigger clan to fully experience the new content and staying put because of the investment they have made in their current dojo.

Also think from DE perspective as well too many inactive/dead clans will clutter the database without reason.

Edited by Benu
added a line