Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Stress-Test Easter-Egg

[DE]Glen

50 minutes ago, [DE]Glen said:

Ok I think we have enough data from the latest drivers, thanks. If you're willing to try something older than 378.48 and newer than 376.53 we might be able to box it in for Nvidia:

378.78 and 378.66 both leak on my GTX 980.

23 minutes ago, EWar said:

378.78 and 378.66 both leak on my GTX 980.

Okay like I said I'm looking for older versions -- we want to know the first version that introduced the leak:

1 hour ago, [DE]Glen said:

Ok I think we have enough data from the latest drivers, thanks. If you're willing to try something older than 378.48 and newer than 376.53 we might be able to box it in for Nvidia:

AMD PC Setup:

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3,5 Ghz
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW 8GB
MB: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury, DDR3 (1600MHz) 16GB
Nvidia Driver Version 378.78
3 (1920x1080) Monitors

I play the game on borderless fullscreen mode, PhysX always on.

Start
bnesV4a.png

30 Minutes
6mBTSyP.jpg

1 Hour
DBquUyb.png    

Edited by Annoying_killah

2 hours ago, [DE]Glen said:

378.78 on everything leaks

378.66 on GTX 950 leaks

378.48 on GTX 980Ti SLI or GTX 1080 leaks 

... ? ...

376.53 on GTX 970 does not leak

375.95 on GTX 1080 does not leak

376.53 on GTX 970 does not leak  ? are you sure about that? I got a 970 too if you got driver versions you need confirmations for the 970 I wouldn't mind trying them out :O! 

32 minutes ago, [DE]Glen said:

+

378.49 confirmed leaking

376.33 confirmed leaking (less?)

There is some dispute about the 376 series -- more data might help. 

what length of running do you need? 20 minutes minimum? 30 minutes each? since it's confirmed it's phys x I can skip the disabled phys x test right? just gimme a from to version number and the time frame and I get you the data for the 970 done. 

okay.... I got a issue I can't find any drivers for anything between 

378.49  January 24, 2017 and  376.33  December 14, 2016 where the heck can I find any versions from in between`?

I can't seem to find any sources to download drivers between those version numbers ;_; 

Edited by Fylas
missing source?

376.19 leaked 2GB in 15 minutes here.

376.09 the same

375.95 leaked about 3GB in 20 minutes

373.06 does not seem to be leaking

15 minute runs seem enough given how big the leak is.

Edited by [DE]Glen

37 minutes ago, Fylas said:

what length of running do you need? 20 minutes minimum? 30 minutes each? since it's confirmed it's phys x I can skip the disabled phys x test right? just gimme a from to version number and the time frame and I get you the data for the 970 done. 

okay.... I got a issue I can't find any drivers for anything between 

378.49  January 24, 2017 and  376.33  December 14, 2016 where the heck can I find any versions from in between`?

I can't seem to find any sources to download drivers between those version numbers ;_; 

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us should have a decent amount of history -- we have someone in QA going back one version at a time right now.

OK! Internal tests have isolated the first bad driver as

GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL    375.63    October 23, 2016

With the previous version as fine!

GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL    373.06    October 6, 2016

This was with a GTX 480 -- if we could get a few more different cards to test these two versions to verify our findings that would be super great!

3 hours ago, [DE]Glen said:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us should have a decent amount of history -- we have someone in QA going back one version at a time right now.

when I search for my 970 in the 900 series 64 bit windows, I get absolutely nothing between  378.49 and 376.33 

1 hour ago, [DE]Glen said:

OK! Internal tests have isolated the first bad driver as

GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL    375.63    October 23, 2016

With the previous version as fine!

GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL    373.06    October 6, 2016

This was with a GTX 480 -- if we could get a few more different cards to test these two versions to verify our findings that would be super great!

edit : okay I try those two on the 970

373.06  9.16.0318 phys x version

Start 

Spoiler

4phLgtm.jpg

Odd effect, figured I snap 

Spoiler

C4PeokD.jpg

end, 20 minutes 

Spoiler

4W0atHR.jpg

I did a clean reinstall but if I check nvidia control system info it still shows , Did I screw up somehow or is this normal behavior for downgrading on nvidia when your not flat out reinstalling the entire system? Since the installer for  373.06 confirmed the installed version to be 373.06

vX5AWp5.png?1

here's the test with the 375.63 on the 970 , sorry the second picture is a bit botched but you can see the runtime by the difference in the taskbar clock >_< it's 2 am here Q_Q 

Start 

Spoiler

GXkxcGb.jpg

End

Spoiler

IUH7w2i.jpg

I hope this help,s all tests where done at the 20 minute mark to allow for even comparison.

Edited by Fylas
new info

6 hours ago, [DE]Glen said:

Hard to tell from such a short run -- but that said I think there's a small leak with the Juggernaut's spikes that I should look into one day.

Yeah I did another test run just to be safe, this time a one hour survival vs orokin with no juggernauts involved, and the results were almost identical. I unchecked both DirectX 10 and 11 before hand and my initial HEAP goes down to about 505 Mb, but around 30-40 min it gets to 800, bordering 900 around the 1 hour mark. Task manager shows around 2-2,2 GB.

Not sure if it matters since it's been Nvidia related leaks for the last year or so but, here's my test on AMD GPU.

I have an MSI R7 360 O.C Edition 2gb GDDR5. (AMD GPU)

PC has 20gb 1866mhz O.C Ram (Kingston HyperX Fury)

After the first 30 minute test using my regular settings. My in game was sitting pretty solid at 580 at start was 560. Commit at start was .7 GB and after test it was .9gb

So I tested again for 5.5 hours on maxed settings throughout Warframe. Beginning at 560 in game RAM. Commit at 1gb, I went to bed and woke back up and checked again: 580 RAM solid and hasn't moved any. Commit was solid at 1.2gb

I notice my in game RAM goes up over 10xx MB when I've changed a lot of things in my dojo or in hard play missions such as 1+ hour survivels but I do not experience any lag or anything bogging down after that long of a period.

Good luck to everyone using Nvidia, may you narrow the leak down to a point.

Edited by Alcatraz

Heh, I know that I would need to update my graphical drivers  BUT interesting enough, when I update my AMD 6600M/6700M  Drivers, Warframe doesn't recognize them so I can't  launch the game. So I'm stuck with years old drivers to keep playing warframe sadly. Won't stop me, even if my laptop is old and I can't replace it. Main issues I have is on my end. Laptop getting really hot and overheating in some cases, even with external powerful fan to help it cool down.  it started like that  a bit before The Second Dream  update.  but well, still playable I guess.

6 hours ago, Cyberhazard said:

Heh, I know that I would need to update my graphical drivers  BUT interesting enough, when I update my AMD 6600M/6700M  Drivers, Warframe doesn't recognize them so I can't  launch the game. So I'm stuck with years old drivers to keep playing warframe sadly. Won't stop me, even if my laptop is old and I can't replace it. Main issues I have is on my end. Laptop getting really hot and overheating in some cases, even with external powerful fan to help it cool down.  it started like that  a bit before The Second Dream  update.  but well, still playable I guess.

have you tried disabling the new atmospheric lighting? it should have been a auto active option when it was added so even on a low detail custom setting it would still be active and quite taxing on your heat management.  check display tag , volumetric lighting , should be the fifth option under graphic quality :O! 

19 hours ago, Fylas said:

have you tried disabling the new atmospheric lighting? it should have been a auto active option when it was added so even on a low detail custom setting it would still be active and quite taxing on your heat management.  check display tag , volumetric lighting , should be the fifth option under graphic quality :O! 

Yeah, I already messed with the graphical options, I'm on custom,  everything is in now, ( and the game is still beautifull ) the first time the atmospheric lighting was activated ( and last time for me ) due to the war within quest update,  I was feeling like my laptop was on the verge of exploding x') 

Others infos, the in the task manager process, the game use a normal ammount of ram,    in game, it start around 500 and end up at 860, and goes from one to another, not very dramatic tho', even normal in my eyes due to the state of my Laptop,  my only issue is the heat  and I'm sure it's not a problem related to the game but my machine itself.

Interesting enough , since a week more or less, sometimes when I launch the game, my whole pc will become frozen and needs to be rebooted ( the launcher doesn't even appear, it just freeze before it ) annoying but still managable.

Just gonna put my specs here, you'll laugh

Processor: AMD A8-3510MX

APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1,80 Ghz (quad cores)

Ram:        8Go

System:   OS(Windows 10) x64bits , Processor x64     

Graphical Cards:  AMD Radeon 6600m & 6700m Series

AMD Radeon HD 6620G

This laptop is a relic of the old times, maybe from the Orokin Empire !

Edited by Cyberhazard

13 hours ago, Cyberhazard said:

Just gonna put my specs here, you'll laugh

Processor: AMD A8-3510MX

APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1,80 Ghz (quad cores)

Ram:        8Go

System:   OS(Windows 10) x64bits , Processor x64     

Graphical Cards:  AMD Radeon 6600m & 6700m Series

AMD Radeon HD 6620G

the latest available Video Drivers for your APU may be found here:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Notebook-APU-Drivers.aspx

according to the 64-Bit w10 page, you should let Windows Update check and install the latest Drivers for your APU.

On 3/9/2017 at 0:37 PM, Sannidor said:

Can we have some other secret test "emails"? For science :devil:

grineer.outbreak also works but grineer instead of corpus

didn't realise that juggernaut could spawn in test... or manics

Edited by Infamystoops

46 minutes ago, Basqui said:

Got a notification for a new nvidia driver 378.92

I installed it yesterday gonna test now

it does not deliver a new binary of physx tho

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Edited by TheRoaringLion