The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ferrox>Javlok = :(

Mozer33

2 hours ago, Mozer33 said:

The point (and title) of the post was comparing the javlok to the ferrox, not the javlok to bows, or the ferrox to bows or any other weapons. There are two spear/gun weapons in the game, the second one released seemed to be powercreepy in comparison to the first one. The paris prime has lagged behind for awhile, and if you want to really get into the weeds, you might as well add shotguns and how they are eclipsing bow dps, I would call the tigris prime a precision weapon. Maybe bows need an overhaul, which would be a different thread.

Sniper rifles don't seem to be very effective compared to anything tbh, so I think you could argue that a lot of things encroach on their territory. Maybe if stuff within the scope was slowed or something? 

the two Spearguns are Spike Damage Weapons, so they must be in context of other Spike Damage Weapons.
in which the main trait is Damage per Shot.

Ferrox Direct Fire is certainly an overall upgrade to Javlok. not having high Status i don't think equates into ~2x Damage.
but both Weapons encroach on the territory of other Spike Damage Weapons - being faster to fire than all of them, while dealing on par or higher Damage, while having infinite Ammo.

and yes, Shotguns are superior to almost all other Weapons in the game. >= 95% of the Weapons in the game have their existence defeated by Shotguns in their current state.

56 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Wat? 1192?

150 for the Spear hit, 300 for the Explosion on impact.

1192 and 4.4x was (obviously to me atleast) with Mods already Equipped.

Ok i tested the javlok and ferrox, compared them, gave them pretty much the same build. Crit standalone still suffers quite a lot, it sometimes deal a huge amount of dmg but it fluctuates a lot, it goes the same for the javlok, if you get 3 or 4 corrosive procs on an enemy ( lvl 115 corrupt gunner and bombard), the damage also fluctuates but you can take all of their health away in one shot which i have tested and the fwrrox cant seem to be able to do it, ferrox seems to be consistent with smg tho.

It took less ammo to kill a group of 4 corrupt bombards and 4 gunners at level 115 with the javlok, sometimes less, sometimes slightly more, even with the innate punch thru from ferrox. I suppose the javlok aoe buff was really useful! Cc and proc corrosive in an aoe

Although javlok does have this bug which the thrown attack phases right through enemies, not deal the 300 dmg but instead the 150 aoe dmg...., it doesnt stick onto enemies and explode.

Edited by SprinKah

The charge mechanic on these weapons kill it for me. Unless I have a way to stop the enemy, I end up missing the shot a lot of times. And when I miss the shot, 1 billion DPs x 0 = 0.

One way to start improving these weapons in my opinion would be to hold fire like arrows. when you hold fire on a arrow, you gain the opportunity to align the shot, go for headshots etc.. This would make these weapons much more dependable. 

I know that some people might say that this is for balancing purposes, but how can we discuss balance on a Javlok in a world where Tigris Prime, Akstiletto Prime, Aklex P, naramon, slash/stealth, gas/stealth, 80% of the crit melees, etc etc etc... exist? With all these other weapons and we need to balance weapons like the Javlok?