The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ferrox Feedbacks, Ferrox "The Hoarder" vs Javlok "The Average Joe". "UPDATE"

SprinKah

I know people love their powerful and easy-way-out weapons, make going through missions a lot faster and stuff.

With that said though, Ferrox isn't exactly an easy-way-out weapon nor the MOST powerful...it's one heck of a powerful, interesting support weapon though.

But I'm not here to compare it to other weapons like Tigris Prime or anything....but to the Javlok.

From the title, you may ask why I gave Ferrox the nickname "The Hoarder" and Javlok "The Average Joe"

It is because the Ferrox in comparison to the Javlok....seems like it basically hoarded up all of the....interesting and unique mechanics in store, leaving the Javlok with the inferior goods. 

Being "Thrown" Spearguns/Javelins, I expected really unique traits and mechanics, specifically directed to their THROWN secondary fire. I will now compare the Secondary fire mode of each weapons. and maybe some other pros and cons.

FERROX:

- Secondary fire doesn't kill you

- Good crowd-control, tether enemies in an AoE

- Deals Pure Electrical damage over time, which is quite good with the low 10% status, able to proc the respective elementals every status proc.

- 150 Elec DoT for the duration of Ferrox stuck on the ground.

- When stuck on the ground, FERROX actually does something to help out.

JAVLOK:

- Secondary fire can annihilate you if you're close to it.

- Not good crowd-control, knocking down SINGLE target, staggering nearby enemies ( which last like 1 second )

- Doesn't do anything else after thrown...has to be picked up again to be able to throw again

- Secondary fire deals SLIGHTLY higher damage than Primary damage ( like 50 more damage, which isn't a lot ), which isn't even as high as a single primary FERROX shot...

- When stuck on the ground, JAVLOK is considered useless.

Other diddlies:

- FERROX's damage, crit chance, crit damage SIGNIFICANTLY higher than Javlok's, again, even higher than Javlok's SECONDARY FIRE

- FERROX has more magazine size, faster reload speed.

- FERROX fires slightly slower but DPS is still higher

- FERROX's status chance isn't really useful on Primary fire, but again, on Thrown Secondary fire, it is decently good.

What am I suggesting? I'm not asking for a FERROX nerf, that'd not be good....but a JAVLOK BUFF.

Some of my suggestions, from others and me:

Spoiler

- Simply giving the Javlok's secondary thrown fire mode significantly more damage....maybe like 500 more or so, Able to knock every enemy down in an AoE

- Emits Heat wave, procing elementals, dealing DoT in an AoE for the duration of it getting stuck on the ground. Something similar to FERROX's

- When thrown, Javlok will drill into the ground, emitting a Sound Quake-esque effect, constantly knocking back enemies coming close to it, dealing damage.

UPDATE:

-After further research, I found that the Ferrox's secondary fire mode isn't as useful as I initially thought of it.

The damaging rate isn't exactly as fast as I thought...like it isn around 1 damage burst per 5 seconds or something...so I suppose what I said about it being quite a good status weapon with the secondary thrown fire mode is faulty. Sorry.

I still hold to the fact that I think Javlok still needs some buffs...Something to make it a little more...interesting. I don't know what, maybe one of the suggestions that I listed above would be great...yeah.

so that's that.

Edited by SprinKah

I agree with this completely. Using the Ferrox at first go, the following thing to immediately come into my head was, "This is superior to Javlok in every way". Minus the status chance and secondary fire as you mentioned, Ferrox has every advantage over Javlok.

Also, I feel it's worth mentioning that Javlok's primary has both slow flight speed and a range cap, while Ferrox is what seems to be hitscan (visual projectile doesn't seem to have any effect outside of simply being visual) and doesn't have any projectile limit whatsoever. 

Edited by LazerSkink

True.
Tbh I'd be okay if they just give Javlok a ticking blast or knockdown proc while on the ground with a fixed duration.
Kinda like getting hit by Hydroid's Barrage albeit the blast effect is emitted by the weapon itself.

I thought of DOT within radius but that'd be like Zenistar which I prefer to be unique on it's own.

13 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

I agree with this completely. Using the Ferrox at first go, the following thing to immediately come into my head was, "This is superior to Javlok in every way". Minus the status chance and secondary fire as you mentioned, Ferrox has every advantage over Javlok.

Also, I feel it's worth mentioning that Javlok's primary has both slow flight speed and a range cap, while Ferrox is what seems to be hitscan (visual projectile doesn't seem to have any effect outside of simply being visual) and doesn't have any projectile limit whatsoever. 

it is HITSCAN!? well...that's certainly very decieving...

3 minutes ago, Oranji said:

True.
Tbh I'd be okay if they just give Javlok a ticking blast or knockdown proc while on the ground with a fixed duration.
Kinda like getting hit by Hydroid's Barrage albeit the blast effect is emitted by the weapon itself.

I thought of DOT within radius but that'd be like Zenistar which I prefer to be unique on it's own.

yeah I'll give you that...maybe like a Blast Proc Ground Rumble or whatever something like that'd be nice, knocking enemies down...you knwo that SOund Quake part that I mentioned...would be nice.

You are totally ignoring the advantages of Javlok over Ferrox tho.

• Much faster charge speed and fire rate, making it actually more suited for short ranged combat.
  • Detonation on throw will instantly deal damage, while Ferrox takes its time. A Javlok throw will likely kill everything around instantly, leaving the way free for you to pick up your Javlok back. Unless you misfire of course.
  • Much higher status chance and innate fire damage, making the Javlok an actually pretty potent weapon with a gas build thanks to its fairly high base damage. If you don't like gas, it's okay, you can do something else with that status chance, like radiation and blast who are two very useful kind of procs.

I don't think Ferrox outshines that much the Javlok. At least not yet. If Ferrox gets a few QoL buffs (and I am sure it will, because it's pretty clunky), Javlok might deserve a few more buffs as well.

I HATE Javlok. Is it stupid

You go to battle and realizes your primary fire WITH travel time tickes your enemies WHEN you can hit them.

So you realize it is better to throw such a s@+&&&& weapon at enemies than fire at them. 

But wait! They survived your spetacular minimal damage throw!!! 

what to do know? Easy!!!!

Just go over there and ask: Please Mr gunner, would you mind? You are stepping on my Javlok!!!

I tried out the Ferrox yesterday and so far im in love with this weapon, not only because of the style and being better than the Javlok but because it works great in combo with my Zenistar.

Tho regarding the Javlok, it can do some high damage hits too, nothing compared to the Ferrox which i managed to do a 180K Crit/Headshot with but i could expect more from its Alt-Fire. One of the main issues i encountered with it is that the Alt-Fire can manage to hit you even in mid-air when throwing if your moving too fast or Bullet Jumping forward which has downed me a few times with my Zephyr when trying to bombard enemies from above and despite the Alt-Fire doing a fair AoE damage on impact, the weapon becomes pretty useless until picked up.

I was initially expecting it do release an effect similar to the Zenistar`s fire AoE wile stuck on the ground, this would have the same area of the Zenistar Unmodded and since the spear returns after 12 sec, that would be the duration of the effect.

5 hours ago, D20 said:

You are totally ignoring the advantages of Javlok over Ferrox tho.

• Much faster charge speed and fire rate, making it actually more suited for short ranged combat.
  • Detonation on throw will instantly deal damage, while Ferrox takes its time. A Javlok throw will likely kill everything around instantly, leaving the way free for you to pick up your Javlok back. Unless you misfire of course.
  • Much higher status chance and innate fire damage, making the Javlok an actually pretty potent weapon with a gas build thanks to its fairly high base damage. If you don't like gas, it's okay, you can do something else with that status chance, like radiation and blast who are two very useful kind of procs.

I don't think Ferrox outshines that much the Javlok. At least not yet. If Ferrox gets a few QoL buffs (and I am sure it will, because it's pretty clunky), Javlok might deserve a few more buffs as well.

ok yeah...you got me there

I got into some research and found that the Ferrox's thrown secondary fire mode isn't exactly THAT great.

I initially thought that the Ferrox's secondary fire mode would deal damage a lot faster than what it actually does.

Despite that...the Ferrox's primary fire mode is still quite dominant to the Javlok....well...in some cases...

Oh and I tried it with gas...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, works great with Chroma I tell you that, or any damage-increasing warframe for that matter.

don't know if I got anything else to say...hmm...yeah, All in all, I still think the Javlok still needs a little bit of buffs...I guess.

14 hours ago, SprinKah said:

it is HITSCAN!? well...that's certainly very decieving...

Also worth mentioning I suppose; Ferrox has innate disintegration, so basically any silencing frames/mods can turn it into a very potent option for stealth. Not exactly sure if Javlok needs something of the sorts, but I'd figured I'd point it out.

I agree with your Javlok suggestion. 

Throwing my primary out has to be something I wouldn't do "just because I can", and most of the time you are more effective if you just use the primary fire... 

+ Zenistar can set up a brutal persistent AoE at the cost of no counterpart at all, where Javlok forces you to run after the weapon you deliberately thrown like "meh" for little to zero effect. 

status matters in late game, but i need to acquire the ferrox to compare wth my javlok, (still need to roll some rivens too) 

i will do tests with rivens when i have the time for it, and i will let you guys know

whatever the case i prefer the javlok, because of the concept and the kind of steampunk and "rude" aspect of it; i like it !

do not forget that javlok nows have some sweet little AoE on primary shots, + the hit box is larger , making headshots easier and procking on ennemies packed together

On 11/3/2017 at 9:54 PM, The_Splentforcer said:

status matters in late game, but i need to acquire the ferrox to compare wth my javlok, (still need to roll some rivens too) 

i will do tests with rivens when i have the time for it, and i will let you guys know

whatever the case i prefer the javlok, because of the concept and the kind of steampunk and "rude" aspect of it; i like it !

do not forget that javlok nows have some sweet little AoE on primary shots, + the hit box is larger , making headshots easier and procking on ennemies packed together

Yeah i noticee too...there was a bug that removed that aoe thing so it sorta underperformed for a while, now they fized it and it's a lot bettwr

Javlok all the way!

I love this weapon to death, literally, it can one shot my 1,785 armor Valkyr.

Javlok + Ember is insanely powerful, if you know what I mean xD.

With the damage my Javlok deals in an AoE with it's Alt-fire, you'll see me THOR it around just for fun lol.

This weapon brings a whole new type of gameplay to the table which is dynamic and really fun when you know those 2 or 3 tricks, so I just couldn't wait for the Ferrox research... Oh dissapointment...

These two weapons are from different worlds, they just look similar.

If only Ferrox's Primary shot mechanic wasn't so weird and awkward (Opticor with 300% fire rate). No wonder why it has so much damage, plus the Alt-Fire doesn't do nearly as much damage and that's Okay, it's just the damage and status tick interval is way too long, it would be awesome if it was like the Zenistar's disc by default (no fire rate equipped on Ferrox).

Ferrox Alt-fire's only purpose is CC but you are most likely still getting shot.

Hey! Ferrox is actually really good against infested... Just don't you dare run Ferrox without Secondary/Melee weapon, it's like halloween nightmare all over again.

Edited by 0meg4x
Grammar

7 hours ago, 0meg4x said:

Javlok all the way!

With the damage my Javlok deals in an AoE with it's Alt-fire, you'll see me THOR it around just for fun lol.

This weapon brings a whole new type of gameplay to the table which is dynamic and really fun when you know those 2 or 3 tricks, so I just couldn't wait for the Ferrox research... Oh dissapointment...

If only Ferrox's Primary shot mechanic wasn't so weird and awkward (Opticor with 300% fire rate). No wonder why it has so much damage, plus the Alt-Fire doesn't do nearly as much damage and that's Okay, it's just the damage and status tick interval is way too long, it would be awesome if it was like the Zenistar's disc by default (no fire rate equipped on Ferrox).

Ferrox Alt-fire's only purpose is CC but you are most likely still getting shot.

Hey! Ferrox is actually really good against infested... Just don't you dare run Ferrox without Secondary/Melee weapon, it's like halloween nightmare all over again.

i dont know why i i feel a lot of sarcasm here...

21 hours ago, 0meg4x said:

Javlok all the way!

Hot damn

I personally feel like the Ferrox is the superior for the primary fire though the secondary fire is 2 different bag entirely. One is a nuke and the other is a tether, those 2 have vastly different uses.

Honestly I feel that a good complementary side arm (and a good boost in secondary fire damage) is all the Javlok really need to be better, the thing is though, there is no utility based secondary or at least no weapon with focus on cc in the secondaries' roster to help out the Javlok. That - I feel - makes the biggest difference between the two, the utility the Ferrox add while the it's on the ground compliments quite a few side-arms, where as the nuke based nature of the Javlok leaves very little to do with you side-arm once you throw the Javlok.

Also Ferrox has innate punch through, just felt like a good thing to take note of.

On 3/14/2017 at 6:46 AM, The_Splentforcer said:

i dont know why i i feel a lot of sarcasm here...

Is it that hard to tell that I used sarcasm for the "against infested" thing? xD

But yeah, I prefer Javlok over Ferrox.

On 3/16/2017 at 5:15 PM, Zardbooster said:

I personally feel like the Ferrox is the superior for the primary fire though the secondary fire is 2 different bag entirely. One is a nuke and the other is a tether, those 2 have vastly different uses.

Honestly I feel that a good complementary side arm (and a good boost in secondary fire damage) is all the Javlok really need to be better, the thing is though, there is no utility based secondary or at least no weapon with focus on cc in the secondaries' roster to help out the Javlok. That - I feel - makes the biggest difference between the two, the utility the Ferrox add while the it's on the ground compliments quite a few side-arms, where as the nuke based nature of the Javlok leaves very little to do with you side-arm once you throw the Javlok.

Also Ferrox has innate punch through, just felt like a good thing to take note of.

I suppose we also have to take into account that the Javlok is a status weapon.

Ferrox can hit multiple enemies for sure but despite that, it kinda lacks....crowd control a bit

Javlok can be built for Corrosive and Heat which can be very useful to halt enemies in place for a bit, plus the AoE from the primary mode helps with inflicting the heat proc collaterally.