Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gigantic memory consumption in the orbiter : this can't be normal.

LascarCapable

Everytime I launch Warframe and end up in the orbiter, my PC starts heating like crazy, and memory starts being eaten at an insane rate. This can't be normal, especially in the orbiter where there's technically no action.

mjkROGJ.png

This is how much Warframe consumes CPU power when I'm on the Desktop. Usually, the game has a very high memory usage rate when I'm playing, but my PC always cool down when I alt+tab. Now it's not the case anymore. And Warframe seems to heat up my computer MUCH faster than it used to. If it continues, at this rate, the game will become totally unplayable for most players who, like me, use a computer setup from 2011, and will very probably harm other people's computer as well if they play for a long duration. This really needs to be looked at. It's not safe for our computers and for Warframe itself.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

He correct though about the CPU utilization when the game is in the background. It used to basically go idle. Also, the GPU goes crazy depending on where you are in the ship after the game is put in the background from full screen mode. Test by looking at the star chart, then put the game in the background from there.

• 4 years later...

I am playing at a low spec laptop myself at the absolute minimal 30fps settings and started having the same problem, I noticed my PC started heating bad enough that I couldn't keep my hand next to the fan outlet for long; while entering Fortuna to pay Ticker a visit for some reason cooled it off like the game wasn't even running, and then back to heat mode after a couple minutes just laying around my orbiter. First I thought it was because of the reworks they did on basically every design and that I could probably not play the game again for the sake of my PC, but now I'm rather hopeful, just afraid to start the game again until this gets fixed.

• 1 month later...

Have the same problem in the next update also. In the orbiter, especially when looking out of the window in front of the orbiter, my GPU heats up to 85C.
This has to be fixed soon. I don't like my GPU to be fried^^

EDIT: GPU also running hot in the Simulacrum.

Edited by Zenaris1337