Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About the Omasua syandana

Cattlefish

When I first saw the Omasua syandana, my jaw dropped. It looks so awesome in all its orokin glory that I would have bought it straight away once it was released.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=838494006&searchtext=

However, it seems that it won't be accepted for Tennogen due to its size and would apparently bother the player while aiming (understandable), or at least that's what I gather.

I would like to propose something that has already been done in game when a cosmetic ubstructs the screen so that we can stiil get this beauty ingame. The harkonar left arm armor on rhino prime hides alot of the escape menu, so in order to still be able to see what we are doing, it simply disapears and then reapears once we get out of the menu. Here's a video demonstrating it.

If this could be applied to the Omasua syandana while aiming, then it would a win win. Being able to rock that orokin swag and still being able to aim.

Yuor thoughts?

2 hours ago, Artarrwen said:

No, I believe the problem was more to do with clipping during animations, which was pretty severe.

1 hour ago, Albalrogue said:

The only animations I can see it severely clip is with the Nezha noble animations, and that one already has cliping issues with pretty much every armor piece and loki helmets.

Sadly, we can't add Syandanas that wrap around the neck/shoulders as they clip into the body during many animations - not just idles, but melee attacks, aiming down the sights, etc. While they might look beautiful in a T-pose, Syandanas like the Omasua clip severely with the Warframe's movement during gameplay. 

5 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Sadly, we can't add Syandanas that wrap around the neck/shoulders as they clip into the body during many animations - not just idles, but melee attacks, aiming down the sights, etc. While they might look beautiful in a T-pose, Syandanas like the Omasua clip severely with the Warframe's movement during gameplay. 

As if clipping interets you that much. If this would be the case there wouldn´t be clipping everywhere.

4 minutes ago, [DE]Taylor said:

^this, I knowingly took a risk to stretch the limit and it didn't work out. 

47 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

As if clipping interets you that much. If this would be the case there wouldn´t be clipping everywhere.

Huge difference between a cape clipping through your foot due to physics making it move around and a Syandana that clips when you literally do almost anything.

We have to trust that DE has the final say about TennoGen, and it goes without saying they know their own game best. There are so many technical and artistic decisions going into picking and curating TennoGen that we can't expect DE to justify every choice. TennoGen creators have the freedom to explore and create at will, on their own, but that freedom comes with the risk of overly ambitious designs being rejected. Not out of poor quality of course not, but technical issues.

On 10/03/2017 at 7:21 PM, [DE]Taylor said:

I see, then it is more than uderstandable then. Thank you for the clarification.

On 10/03/2017 at 7:38 PM, alexmach1 said:

^this, I knowingly took a risk to stretch the limit and it didn't work out. 

The new version is just as gorgeous, not as outrageous as the first version but still amazing. Great job!

On 10.3.2017 at 8:16 PM, Chipputer said:

Huge difference between a cape clipping through your foot due to physics making it move around and a Syandana that clips when you literally do almost anything.

You mean like Nekros P clipping through himself with every pose? Or almost every weapon clipping trough almost every Syandana? And this list goes on and is so long that it is just a silly excuse. 

Don´t get me wrong, I am totally against clipping but not accepting a TennoGen item because of clipping when the game is a total clipping fest is ....

15 minutes ago, Kuestenjung said:

You mean like Nekros P clipping through himself with every pose? Or almost every weapon clipping trough almost every Syandana? And this list goes on and is so long that it is just a silly excuse. 

Don´t get me wrong, I am totally against clipping but not accepting a TennoGen item because of clipping when the game is a total clipping fest is ....

Because a problem exist then more problem should be allowed to exist? Now that's silly excuse.

"That one bug that made me invincible should not be removed because the game is buggy"

"That broken OP weapons must not be nerfed, because there are other broken OP weapons that hasn't been nerfed yet"

The list goes on and not a single time this excuse will works

On 10/03/2017 at 3:50 PM, Albalrogue said:

However, it seems that it won't be accepted for Tennogen due to its size and would apparently bother the player while aiming (understandable), or at least that's what I gather.

Not sure about the aiming issue because the Arcturus^ is a menace to use if you're like me and have your 'frame on the right-side. It's actually near impossible to play with Arcturus this way. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=839641825