Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is MR relevant or important after a certain point?

Pendragon1951

I've been playing now for four years and I am currently MR18 and I found after a certain point MR doesn't matter anymore as far as the game is concerned, I can get and research any weapon or Warframe I choose so it became a point of why even bother with advancing unless status is important to you? One other thing I could never understand is why you have to wait a full day to re-take a test, for myself I would find it more frustrating to have to wait a full day, take the test and fail again than being able to take the test right away and fail multiple times in the same day. So what if you reach rank MR20 in the same day, it doesn't matter because you have the same privileges as a rank 15. As I said above IMHO I don't think MR is relevant after a certain point.

Not important, but incredibly convenient for mod capacity when adding Forma to warframes and/or weapons because the higher your mastery rank, the more mod capacity you receive on unranked gear. (EG: MR 22 = 22 Mod Capacity at unranked, or 44 Mod Capacity for supercharged unranked)

It remains relevant in time efficiency regarding syndicates.

The higher your MR -> the more syndicate rep you can earn per day -> the sooner you can buy syndicate items.

An MR23 player can afford their stuff twice as fast than a MR12 player.

Also every 2 Mastery Rank increase unlocks a loadout slot in arsenal, if you require more.

Void Trace capacity also increases.  1250 at MR23.

So don't strive for it. I think that's the beauty in it. You can play the game just fine at MR15 or 20. It purely self motivated after a point.

The modding capacity of just enough incentive to feel rewarded, yet not feel like you're behind the curve for not progressing.

bonuses for higher MR:

- allows use of more Riven mods, some of which can really improve builds, depending on your rolls. highest requirement is MR17.

- allows access to more powerful weapons, highest current requirement is MR14 for Euphona Prime, and this will likely continue to go up.

- Void Trace capacity increased by 50 for each rank, which means more potential for refining relics.

- more Syndicate standing allowed per day, which can help you in grinding for Syndicate items.

- loadout slots, always useful of course.

- increased mod capacity for unranked weapons, allowing your weapons to be stronger out the gate before levelling them.

it's definitely worth ranking up.

10 hours ago, Pendragon1951 said:

I've been playing now for four years and I am currently MR18 and I found after a certain point MR doesn't matter anymore as far as the game is concerned, I can get and research any weapon or Warframe I choose so it became a point of why even bother with advancing unless status is important to you? One other thing I could never understand is why you have to wait a full day to re-take a test, for myself I would find it more frustrating to have to wait a full day, take the test and fail again than being able to take the test right away and fail multiple times in the same day. So what if you reach rank MR20 in the same day, it doesn't matter because you have the same privileges as a rank 15. As I said above IMHO I don't think MR is relevant after a certain point.

Can you imagine the difference between a syndicate daily cap of 16k and 24k?

8k daily will make a big difference, in addition to the capacity available when you get a new frame, weapon or you forma it.

PS: ah  i forgot, also the daily trade makes a difference.

Some riven mods are limited to 16+ MR

So you answer your own question

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

2 hours ago, -MortisThorne- said:

There's also riven mods that go as high as requiring MR16 to use!

Someone manage to get a riven mod that was Mr26 locked when rivens first came out.

Just saying.

--------------

On topic, MR are currently linked to these items:

- equipment starting mod capacity (+1 per mr, +2 if supercharged)

- planet resource extractors deployable at once(1 + additional 1 every 5 MR, max of 3 extractors are locked behind MR)

- weapon restriction (highest currently mr13 for tigris prime and galatine prime)

- daily trade (limit equal to MR)

- loadout (unlocks an additional every even master rank)

- void trace capacity (100 base, +50 for every MR)

- syndicate rep limit (1,000 + MR x 1,000 )

- planet progressing (pluto junction requres crafting a mr5 weapon)

- quest access (TWW locked at mr5)

-relay (pluto & eris is locked at mr8)

- certain riven mods.

Honestly, as long as you're above mr13, can access 99% of the games content, its just a question of whether or not the bonus you get from higher MR is worth it to you.