Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add a marker to mods in Upgrades interface to show if a mod is assigned to a weapon/sentinal weapon

ScoutInTheNight

In the Modding interface there is a small icon that appears on the mod to let you know if it's currently applied to a weapon.  It would be incredibly useful to either use the same icon, or something new, to show that a mod has been equiped to a sentinal weapon when upgrading tenno weapons, or vice versa.

The interface is inconsistent on when you have two mods at the same level as to whether the first in the list or the second in the list is the mod assigned to another weapon.  The auto-correct option seems to be random as to whether it swaps the mod on the sentinal weapon or the tenno weapon when you use it.  When I tried using auto-correct it just messed up all my mods so I was constantly being prompted to run the correction whenever I'd leave the arsenal.  It took me an afternoon removing my mods from every weapon and making sure I had the appropriate sentinal weapon type equiped while putting mods back.  It's sort of frustrating having to remember to switch to the burst laser every time I'm assigning a Hornet Strike to one of my pistols, for example.

1 hour ago, ScoutInTheNight said:

In the Modding interface there is a small icon that appears on the mod to let you know if it's currently applied to a weapon.

Would you be willing to post a screenshot of this icon?  I don' t think I've ever noticed what you are referring to. 

And plus one as I have every time this suggestion pops up over the past two years.

8 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Would you be willing to post a screenshot of this icon?  I don' t think I've ever noticed what you are referring to. 

And plus one as I have every time this suggestion pops up over the past two years.

They're saying that's what the addition would be if it were implemented. I certainly agree with it as well, so many builds unknowingly screwed over because i had to take a mod from whateverthehell it was on =3= 

10 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Probably he just meant it as a suggestion. Nothing of sorts is present now.
But it could look like this :

cop8nC6.jpg

9 minutes ago, tocorro said:

cop8nC6.jpg

Ive been asking for this for a loooooooong time but I dont think we will ever get DE attension on this. But if it would to happen. I would love for it to look just like this

21 minutes ago, -MortisThorne- said:

They're saying that's what the addition would be if it were implemented.

20 minutes ago, tocorro said:

Oh, oops.  It sounded in my head like he was referring to an existing icon that should be used also for this purpose.  

Also nice mockup Tocorro, approved!

While I would like something really obvious like what (Xbox One)Cash201293 mocked up in his screenshot, what I mentioned, and would be fine with, is the little circle thing that appears above the rank level on the mod.  In the screenshots already in the thread, if you look at the mods on the weapons they have the icon, while the mods not assigned don't have it.  When you go into the Modding console you can tell which of the mods are assigned to an item if they have that little circle.