Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, I have a bone to pick with you. (Opticor).

KX297

As someone who threw away the Opticor as soon as I got it leveled because of the disappointing lack of punch-through and the horrid charge time, I agree, it needs punch through.

It looks, sounds and feels like it should have punch through, and as multiple people have pointed out, weapons with similar projectiles that have better stats and are more usable do have innate punch through. I think the Opticor would just be more fun to play with if, when you fired it, you took out a chunk of enemies from a crowded hallway instead of just the first one, after that long charge-up.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree completely regarding the Opticor! As a fan of both Corpus and Grineer arsenals, the Opticor is also among my favorites for the Corpus weapons when using my Vauban warframe. Ferrox is nice and all, but the fact its built like a throwing spear kinda bugs me about that weapon even though it is fairly fun to use. Even so, as others have stated in this thread, why the lack of innate punchthrough for Opticor? The gun is larger, has a manual charging time, half the number of shots and a more powerful beam visual, yet no punchthrough by default. I don't even have the fancy riven mods for mine, or the heavy caliber for that matter, but even so the weapon could definitely use some improvements at its core like the innate punchthrough and even a reduced base charge time (with the ability to sustain said charge).

While still on the same weapon subject, it could also use some lightening up on its metallic and shading treatments. As it is now with all the PBR it has, barely any colors work on it aside from the ones that cover the surface and the section housing the shot charges on top.