Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changing default Audio Output device in windows doesn't have effect on Warframe automatically

Rubat

When I connect my USB headset which automatically switches my default input/output from whatever Windows has set by default to the headset stuff.

The problem is that warframe is still playing sounds through the "old" default device ( the speakers ) and not the new default device ( the headset )

The only way to fix this is by either restarting the game or touching the "audio device" settings in Warframe's audio options, saving is not even necessary for it to start working properly.

if you do it the other way around, start the game while the headphones are plugged in and then unplug them while playing, it will display an error message ( for some reason ) and switch back to speakers properly.

Try one of these two options:

1. On the launcher, click the little gear icon on the top right.  In the Download Cache section hit "Verify" and "Optimize".

2. If that doesn't work then please try re-installing the game.

Let us know if either of these two solutions work.  Thanks again.

What you describe is perfectly normal on Warframe though... It's always behaved like this for me. My guess is it doesn't update until you restart the Evolution Engine, hence why you need to touch it. It's been doing this for me as far as I can remember, which is... A long time.

I can't speak for the error message thingie though, but I wouldn't be too worried.

• 2 weeks later...

Verifying the cache obviously won't do anything and it didn't do anything after I tried it.

I have to touch this option to get it working properly:

LvUmD4W.png

It's defaulted to "Default", so I have to make it non default and then back to default for the sound to go to the headset.

And this is the message that you get when you unplug the headset after doing the stuff above:

ue3dVJZ.png

It's not just me who is affected and it should be trivial for the developers to fix this really.

This very message popped to [DE]Steve on one of his streams when he changed his audio setup.

My OS is Windows 10, and messing about in the sound options of Windows, changing around the default device setting has no effect at all on Warframe ( without restart that is )

This is the settings for both the speakers and the headset in Windows Control Panel:

r3raTjz.png

On 3/13/2017 at 4:07 PM, NightmareT12 said:

What you describe is perfectly normal on Warframe though... It's always behaved like this for me. My guess is it doesn't update until you restart the Evolution Engine, hence why you need to touch it. It's been doing this for me as far as I can remember, which is... A long time.

I can't speak for the error message thingie though, but I wouldn't be too worried.

It is "normal" and that's the problem I am trying to point out, it can be fixed and should be.

• 2 months later...

I have this issue too (Or I presume it's in nature the same issue): When I start Warframe with audio device A (my TV for instance) set as default and then switch the default audio device in Windows to B (headphones for instance) Warframe is still playing audio on the old device even though the "Audio Output Device" is set to "Default". Either restarting the game or switching the setting from "Default" to something else (and then back to Default) resolves this problem. I assume that the engine doesn't check for a change in the default audio device or something along those lines. This is at best a minor annoyance but it's also something I encounter on a nearly daily basis and I'd highly appreciate to get some input on this issue.

Also to comment on what @[DE]George suggested I can reproduce this bug even on a completely fresh (as in newly installed) system, so I'm fairly certain that clearing/verifying cache and reinstalling the game doesn't solve this problem.