Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Madurai - The Phoenix Reborn (FOCUS 2.0 CONCEPT)

Xiusa

Hi. Some of you might remember me. I posted a bit of Focus 2.0 concepts maybe a year or so ago, but never completed posting all 5 school reworks. That is because I just kind of stopped after completing Naramon and never got back to it. However, I didn't want to just finish all of the schools. I've set out to redo all of the ones I have done (Madurai, Vazarin, Naramon, and Unairu (which I actually DID complete I just never posted it) ) and post those ones instead. You can find the older concepts if you look hard enough but I wouldn't bother tbh. Without any more talk from myself about nothing, here's Madurai:

FIRST THINGS FIRST: Void damage is a damage type that cannot be resisted, mitigated, or deflected (Unaffected by armour, statistical resistances, Ancient Healer/Disruptor aura, etc.) and you will see it quite often in this post, and future posts for the other Focus schools. A comprehensive rework post about Focus acquisition will be done later.

You can only have one final teaching per branch, but you may switch freely once you have acquired one. Each branch comes with two sub-teachings.

I will try to reformat this if I need to. Also there's gonna be inconsistencies please bear with me

Madurai:

Core abilities:

Umbra Lance, Phoenix Gaze, and Drums of War.

Major teachings:

Blood, Wrath, and Pulse.

The teachings of Madurai revolve around turning the battlefield into a mess of gore and thrill. Strike the enemy down before they can fight back and annihilate all that would oppose you, Tenno. This is the path of Calamity & Chaos.

Umbra Lance:

Your Operator creates and wields a lance made of pure void energy. Throwing it will kill all enemies that it hits. Deals 15% max health damage to bosses below 50% health, but only 5% damage above 50%. Cooldown of 240 seconds.

Phoenix Gaze:

Fire to let loose a beam that deals 5000 Void damage every second. This will dismember bodies upon dying. The beam reaches up to 45m and pierces through everything. Lasts 10 seconds. You move incredibly slow as you fire. Cooldown of 180 seconds.

Drums of War:

Play a battle-song that plays a beat for you to kill along to. You and your allies gain 50-250% bonus damage during certain parts of the battle-song. Visual queues will assist you during the song to “play” along. The song always ends with a bang of 500% increased damage. Lasts for 25 seconds.  Cooldown of 60 seconds after ending. Song starts after 5 seconds.

Madurai Passives:

Core:

Madurai has three core passives that don’t require any prerequisites. Unlocking all of them will allow you to choose a subcategory of the Madurai teachings; Wrath, Blood, or Pulse.

Unforgiving:

You deal 15% more damage.

Relentless:

You gain 10% bonus attack speed, fire rate, and casting speed.

Fervor:

You gain 5% more movement speed and 2.5% more bullet jump velocity.

Wrath:

Following the teachings of Wrath will grant you an additional 25% increase in the damage that you deal, which is applied with Unforgiving for a total of 40% increased damage.

Spoiler

Brutality:

Gain 2.5% increased damage against targets as you attack them, up to 10% more damage. Lasts until you don’t attack the target for 2.5 seconds.

Slayer:

Killing an enemy boosts your damage by 1.5% stacking up to 10 times. Lasts 7 seconds. Kills will reset the timer.

Acquiring both passives under Wrath’s teachings will let you choose an additional teaching; Final Act, Dragon’s Rage, or Voidborne.

Final Act:

Damage dealt to an enemy below 25% health is increased by 200%.

Dragon’s Rage:

Upon taking fatal damage, you are left with 1 health and are invulnerable for the next 5 seconds. For the next 10 seconds you deal 350% more damage and channeling is free, but your healing and regeneration effects are reduced by 95%. Cannot trigger more than once every 210 seconds after ending.

Voidborne:

You deal an additional 35% Void damage.

Blood:

Following the teachings of Blood will grant you an additional 15% fire rate, attack speed, and casting speed, which is applied with Relentless for a total of 25%.

Spoiler

Impatience:

20% increase in reload speed and weapon switching.

Feast of War:

Enemies that die within 10m will heal you for 10 health.

Acquiring both passives under Blood’s teachings will let you choose an additional teaching; Unyielding Frenzy, Hades Touch, and Savagery.

Unyielding Frenzy:

Killing an enemy will increase melee attack speed by 30%, fire rate by 20%, and casting speed by 20% for 10 seconds.

Hades Touch:

Killing an enemy will make all other enemies within 10m take 15% more damage. Killing 8 enemies affected by Hades Touch will immediately kill any enemy within 10m of the target. The secondary effect has a 90 second cooldown.

Savagery:

Gain 1% attack speed and fire rate for every 1% health missing.

Pulse:

Following the teachings of Pulse will grant you an additional 10% increase in your movement speed and 5% increase in Bullet Jump velocity, which is applied with Fervor for a total of 15% increased speed and 7.5% increased Bullet Jump velocity.

Spoiler

Flowing Blaze:

Killing an enemy makes your next Bullet Jump gain 25% increased velocity.

Windrunner:

Able to fire weapons and sprint simultaneously. Gain 5% increased damage while moving, 10% when sprinting.

Acquiring both passives under Pulse’s teachings will let you choose an additional teaching; Dance of Flames, Void Static, and Razor Wind.

Dance of Flames:

Killing an enemy grants you 30% faster rolling/dodging speed and increased Bullet Jump velocity for 3 seconds. Your next melee attack within those 3 seconds will deal x2.5 damage.

Void Static:

Travelling along the ground builds up Void damage between attacks. For every 1m travelled you gain 10 Void damage, up to 1000 bonus damage accumulated.

Razor Wind:

Sprint 15% faster. Enemies within 3m of you sprinting by take 20% of their max health as Void damage and are briefly stunned. You must have reached your maximum sprint speed and maintain it for at least 1.5 seconds for this to work. Enemies cannot be hit by this effect more than once every 15 seconds.

Edited by Xiusa

3 hours ago, Virotoxic said:

unfortunately this would ruin Madurai's current use of biasing status towards slash or even adding it in the case of pure element weapons. or do you intend to keep that?

That would be going away. While it is fun to use I am trying to make room for more interesting buffs and not have 3 passives that are pretty much the same. I will also be going back and buffing/changing the core teachings to have an additional effect while still buffing the prerequisite teachings

Edited by Xiusa