Update 6: Hotfixes

[DE]Rebecca

The fire rate was actually good before. I would say lower the fire rate , give it a little bit more damage again (12 dmg feels like a kitten trying to claw someone) and increase the projectile speed.

I like this idea, make it the slowest firing autogun but the highest per-hit damage.

My (alternate) Frost helmet is gone "changed"

any way to get back the one i had yesterday XD maybe will be added back later?

i really loved that design in the wau of eacalibur givin frost a minor buble head

---------------------

any news about the skana prime missing effects (fire and ice)?

Edited by Tsoe

wow way to drop the ball on the boltor.. i just crafted the bloody thing and you go ahead and nerf the thing... its fire rate was fine as is... you guys should seriouslly talk to all the players before nerfing or buffing something make a poll can't leave this game in the hands of a few founder members..

Boltor is on going project, The flight time of the projectile changes the way we have to look at the balance. When we released the weapon it quickly shot to the top of the stats. Expect further tweaks.

Sorry for the thrash.

Well, after this nerf expect Akbolto to raise in stats ... a lot!

boltor's fire rate was unchanged, it is still 11.7.

which, of coarse, now means that it's strictly worse than a regular ol bolto, and does less dps than everything except the starter weapons, the latron (which is underpowerd) and the lek (which doesn't care about dps).

imo, adjust is to 25dmg/8.3rof. that'd leave it at 204 unranked, up from it's current 140 but down from the 292 on release. (braton is 240)

boltor's fire rate was unchanged, it is still 11.7.

which, of coarse, now means that it's strictly worse than a regular ol bolto, and does less dps than everything except the starter weapons, the latron (which is underpowerd) and the lek (which doesn't care about dps).

imo, adjust is to 25dmg/8.3rof. that'd leave it at 204 unranked, up from it's current 140 but down from the 292 on release. (braton is 240)

you sure have you tried it in game yet? damage says 12 instead of 25 in game right? i don't wanna go on right now because this nerf &!$$es me off makes me feel i wasted my time farming for mats for this thing because i wanted to use it combo with akbolto on a new frame.

you sure have you tried it in game yet? damage says 12 instead of 25 in game right? i don't wanna go on right now because this nerf &!$$es me off makes me feel i wasted my time farming for mats for this thing because i wanted to use it combo with akbolto on a new frame.

Well , same here since i even used a catalyst. But fear not , the staff confirmed that they aren't done with tweaking it . Seems like they broke it on purpose for now until they have an idea on how to balance it.

I feel like the Boltor would be a powerful, but not over-powered weapon if you made it more like the Burston; the weapon you took its skin from for the time being. Make it a burst weapon. Shoot ~four rounds with the old damage (25). It wouldn't be over-powered, or an ammo dumpster. It would be a nice alternative to holding down the LMB. Alternatively, just keep the damage at 20. I think even with 20 damage, the burst fire would be awesome to have. I'm going to throw this here in hopes that it'll get noticed as well;

Can we have "Silencer" mods? For if we actually want to be stealthy. Maybe a mod for frames that give a % chance to destroy enemy on death as well? So that enemies can't find the bodies? :D

The boltor was very powerful before but this nerf is a bit much. Lowering its damage some would have been okay when you got around to changing the bolt weapon trees to have useful nodes in palce of the crit ones.

As is it went from one of the best weapons in the game to something worse than the braton. Theres no reason not to just use a braton now, some AP mods and its use of crit and instant flight time makes it better. The boltor before was a sort of upgrade to the braton if you could aim it, but more difficult to use. It SHOULD outpreform easier to use guns if you learn how to use it properly, thats the point.

Please dont nerf the bolto/akbolto

Are you saying that daggers are only used for thrusting? News to me.

Daggers are meant to be used for thrusting. If you're swinging a dagger, you're doing something wrong.

But every movie and video game has daggers used for short range slash-fests because it's cool, simple as that.

Edit: Please DE let us stab Grineer in the back at least.

Edited by Dread_Kun

Major nerf to BOLTOR, not that it didn't need it but I find it a bit too severe.

I can't help but wonder how much the DPS has changed though. I find it fires ALOT faster with half the damage. I fought HEK and did 15 to body and 30 to his head where it used to be 30 - 60.

Daggers are meant to be used for thrusting. If you're swinging a dagger, you're doing something wrong.

But every movie and video game has daggers used for short range slash-fests because it's cool, simple as that.

Edit: Please DE let us stab Grineer in the back at least.

We're not talking about push daggers here. (lul exaggeration) You should research the various self-defense and fighting techniques with daggers. Keep in mind the variety of different arts and times.

Edited by FatalX7