Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 6: Hotfixes

[DE]Rebecca

Boltor probably got overnerfed, but I assume it'll get another balancing down the road

I crafted akbolto and I never use it because afuris is so much more reliable and easier to use

Mashing m1 16 times a second vs holding m1?

Choice should be obvious

You've been had if you think you have to mash LMB 16 times to kill something with the Akbolto. More like, three or four times without mods at rank 30.

You've been had if you think you have to mash LMB 16 times to kill something with the Akbolto. More like, three or four times without mods at rank 30.

At 30 pretty much everything kills quickly

Also it's more that with boltor you have a constant stream of bullets so it's easier to fan an enemy

Also recoil

Also lag with boltor would usually still register a couple hits as opposed to the crapshoot that is bolto/akbolto

You know what I'm begging you for? I'm begging for a way to skip the tutorial that happens every time there's an update or every other time I run it. The other day I was running out of time on an alert and Lotus wouldn't stop talking. -_-

We're not talking about push daggers here. (lul exaggeration) You should research the various self-defense and fighting techniques with daggers. Keep in mind the variety of different arts and times.

Well "dagger" is a term used for a million weapons during the course of history, but typically it implies stabbing. Knives are mainly used for slashing, but even then, most short blades were suited for stabbing because unlike longer blades that had the momentum to cut efficiently shorter weapons required greater proximity to your opponent but anyway, we're getting pretty off-topic here. I've trained martial arts for quite some time and know that there are various ways to use a single weapon. For example the Dark Dagger is a stabby type, while the Heat Daggers new look reminds me more of a knife that could be used to slash.

A stab or two thrown into the animation for daggers would be pretty awesome, while keeping the slashes that indeed look great.

Edit because I'm incomprehensible.

Edited by Dread_Kun

Well "dagger" is a term used for a million weapons during the course of history, but typically it implies stabbing. Knives are mainly used for slashing, but even then, most short blades were suited for stabbing because unlike longer blades that had the momentum to cut efficiently shorter weapons required greater proximity to your opponent but anyway, we're getting pretty off-topic here. I've trained martial arts for quite some time and know that there are various ways to use a single weapon. For example the Dark Dagger is a stabby type, while the Heat Daggers new look reminds me more of a knife that could be used to slash.

A stab or two thrown into the animation for daggers would be pretty awesome, while keeping the slashes that indeed look great.

Edit because I'm incomprehensible.

There are thrusting/stabbing animations with the daggers in game.

Pity about the Boltor. The tradeoff for the high damage was it's slower projectile, but it's not really worth the materials or time if another gun can put out more damage without the projectile delay (which is horrendously unusable in lag). Armor ignore is pretty worthless without good damage either way. Pretty sure it's supposed to do more damage with the downside that it's engagement distance is under mid-range, much like the Hek and other shotguns are generally worthless at longer ranges.

Nerfing Boltor's damage down to 12 was a bit much imo.

It can't crit. (which takes up precious upgrade slots)

It can't penetrate.

It has a (sometimes laggy) flight time.

vs.

Armor ignore.

The fact that most endgame enemies are massive HP sponges makes the gun's only quality excessively irrelevant.

Nerfing Boltor's damage down to 12 was a bit much imo.

It can't crit. (which takes up precious upgrade slots)

It can't penetrate.

It has a (sometimes laggy) flight time.

vs.

Armor ignore.

The fact that most endgame enemies are massive HP sponges makes the gun's only quality excessively irrelevant.

The boltor is officially the most useless rifle there is, it and the MK.1 Braton are duking it out for crappiest ammo dump.

Nerf bat swung alittle hard guys. Thanks for all the feedback. Next hotfix will bring a buff.

It needed a nerf(just not that hard)... our internal stats show it out pacing the best weapons in the game.(Hek and Gorgon)

The Boltor was ment to fall somewhere between the Braton and the Gorgon.

What's the logic behind nerfing Boltor? "We don't want you to use any weapons that aren't the Gorgon or Hek"?

The boltor was very powerful before but this nerf is a bit much.

This nerf to Boltor is terrible

I personally don't own a Boltor but I'd like to mention something I saw for the last few days that bothered me a bit. I was doing some Phorid runs on Naeglar, trying to get the Nyx blueprints. A random person joined me around mid-fight with him which...as we all know is a lot of running in circles. I had been going around him for about 2-3 minutes and had him down to half with my Strun that puts out really good damage as it has a good chunk of multishot and some decent fire-rate mods. Anyways the random person joins, loads in. Looks around for a moment. Fires at Phorid with his Boltor for all of one and a half seconds. Phorid's health DROPPED from halfway to dead almost instantly. I'm assuming THIS is why the weapon got such a severe nerf.

It's not just bosses either. I've watched people drop entire squads/platoons of enemies with this thing by simply running at them with their trigger held. It was pretty ridiculous.

Either way as they said this is an ongoing project, it might experience rebuffing later on to give a bit of it's original power. I can't say this wasn't an overreaction/overnerf, however I can definitely say I agree and I expected it. Anyone that could waltz through the hardest areas in the game with the thing should have, so seriously you shouldn't be surprised or confused by it's nerf. Upset at HOW nerfed it was, I understand perfectly. Surprised? No.

any news about the skana prime missing effects (fire and ice)?

I'd also really like them to look into the Bo staff missing any elemental properties. It gets no effects on it at all from any of the mods. Still does the damage, just no effects.

Nerf bat swung alittle hard guys. Thanks for all the feedback. Next hotfix will bring a buff.

It needed a nerf(just not that hard)... our internal stats show it out pacing the best weapons in the game.(Hek and Gorgon)

I don't really have anything to say in response to this, I just wanted to be sure it was on the new page since I posted at the same time as you, so people can see it.

The boltor is officially the most useless rifle there is, it and the MK.1 Braton are duking it out for crappiest ammo dump.

Have you even TRIED the Burston?

Edited by Sofiel

but Braton - an automatic rifle, and the Gorgon - a machine gun. A different type of weapon, the other mechanics of shooting.

but Braton - an automatic rifle, and the Gorgon - a machine gun. A different type of weapon, the other mechanics of shooting.

They're very very similar and one is by far more powerful than the other. A midpoint is pretty good and all but honestly I feel new weapons like this should stay on par with the top tier things. There should not be this mindset of "This gun should be better than these other ones." Not in my opinion.

I can't just keep pushing the top tier of weapons. Not all players are maxed out and this is CB. We need to make sure we have a nice gradiant of weapons as the player progress through the content.

We will be adding to all tiers of weapons as the game grows and matures, not just the top tier.

Why not just lower the fire rate of the Boltor? Its problem definitely was not its damage, it was that REEEEEdiculous fire rate. Lower the fire rate to between 5-6, keep the 25.0 damage, and you're set! No more instagib on bosses.

In all honesty, the weapon seemed to be a good place for a full-auto, slow ROF, high damage weapon. They kind of went the wrong direction on this nerf in my opinion.

Edited by Yomuntai

Another update?? O_O today is update galore!

MORE Hotfixes: Feb 5 @ 2:45 PM EST

Fixed 65K health bug

What was this bug? O_o

Edit: Oh nevermind, everyone was getting 50k+ hp due to bug. Ah I missed it! Would've been so fun clearing my remaining nodes in Ceres and Eris with my squishy lvl9 Nyx :3

Edited by Gestalt