Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Update 6: Hotfixes

Nerf bat swung alittle hard guys. Thanks for all the feedback. Next hotfix will bring a buff.

It needed a nerf(just not that hard)... our internal stats show it out pacing the best weapons in the game.(Hek and Gorgon)

The Boltor was ment to fall somewhere between the Braton and the Gorgon.

boltor was underpowered to begin with. thanks for wasting my catalyst,... losing interest in this game quickly.

theres a lot of talk of balance .. which is rediculous with player vs. AI, if this was multiplayer PVP, then balance would actually matter.

Edited by ChumLee

I can't just keep pushing the top tier of weapons. Not all players are maxed out and this is CB. We need to make sure we have a nice gradiant of weapons as the player progress through the content.

We will be adding to all tiers of weapons as the game grows and matures, not just the top tier.

Yeah that's very true, I guess I was just thinking selfishly for a moment there. I do agree though that I'd love a base assault rifle for top tier, or a top tier burst rifle at some point soon. I have a Gorgon at 25, the only reason is because it was the most powerful thing spitting rifle bullets. I don't even use it anymore since I've decided to use other primary weapons and will probably end up selling it.

boltor was underpowered to begin with. thanks for wasting my catalyst,... losing interest in this game quickly.

theres a lot of talk of balance .. which is rediculous with player vs. AI, if this was multiplayer PVP, then balance would actually matter.

Boltor was everything, but not underpowered. Have you even used it? Do you know what a player who played Quake could do with that gun? It needed a little nerf.

Scaling weapons so some are straight up better than others doesn't really make much sense

Why pour time into a different weapon if it will never be as good as the one you already have?

If exp earned from 30 items wasn't wasted, people would probably only ever use one gun because it's the best

Boltor damage is now fine.

I wish there was a hot fix that FIXES DESCRIPTION of stuff instead of "Great gun , favorite Tennor" or even Empty description of the newest weapon HEAT DAGGER.

You can't see stats on melee weapons.

Edited by Coverop

Well first ti did 25 dmg hard nerf, now it has been brought a bit more in comparison i think around 35 dmg currently at lvl 30 with some minor mods, i think it is quite balanced now in comparison to before, before was insane.

wasted catalyst and speed build (45) total on boltor now the dps on boltor is lower then braton and projectile speed sucks on it and some stupid messed up shooting with the gun causing it to miss at point blank range-.- this is going to make me stop playing for a while... still be logging on daily for rewards but i liked boltor for is imapling effect but not enough to justify this extreme nerf.

nearfing it by 7 damge is way two much should be atleast 20 like the burstron which cost less to make, costed 500 alloy plates and each time you find one the most you get is 15 and there rare. further more i believe the hek needs nerfing can nearly one hit kill (around 70+% of hp) of the hardest boss with the right mods and multishot.

Edited by wayneo

I can't just keep pushing the top tier of weapons. Not all players are maxed out and this is CB. We need to make sure we have a nice gradiant of weapons as the player progress through the content.

We will be adding to all tiers of weapons as the game grows and matures, not just the top tier.

Hmm, I didn't realize it was your guys intention to have weapon tiers instead of just sidegrades. Disappointing if that's the case as it limits your options greatly if you want to actually try for an optimal build.

As far as the Boltor, that thing was out of control and needed a nerf. I really wish they had lowered its fire rate instead of damage though. It already feels wierd to have such a fast firing bolt weapon, and it would make it stand out from the Gorgon and Braton more if it was a slow firing automatic weapon with higher damage per shot.

Edited by Sealgaire

I don't know if it was intentional to have 'bolto', 'lato', and 'furis' mods not work for the akimbo versions, but that is a glitch in my opinion. They are the same weapons except you have 2 rather than 1. I also don't know if I've ever seen an akimbo mod.. I'm assuming there are.

would be nice to see the armor ignore for the dual Zorens in lieu of the dagger change, as they are even less damage and more impacted by high armored targets (albeit faster with less damage).

i would entirely agree with some of the other alterations to the boltor that have been made already: make it slower, not faster, but higher damage (think of how amazing the stake gun was in Painkiller), or even make the knockback effect it has more pronounced, as it is dual boltos do waaay more dps than the boltor anyway so no real reason for it to exist unless it has more unique mechanics.

instead of turning enemies into pincusions of steel darts, it'd feel really nice to have a slow firing rifle halfway between a braton/burston speed, and a snipetron speed. (no the latron sucks so dont even mention it), but as an added visual bonus, make the stake it fires waaay bigger :)

Edited by kithsakhai

блин,зачем урезали Boltor?

и сделайте top weapon за pt

а то выбор маленький!

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't believe watermelons can grow on the Moon.

On topic, Even if I really love it, the Boltor was..... pretty overpowered, really, even I have to admit that. I have yet to test it, but the current stats looks like it should be alright.

After testing, it's more balanced than it was before today, but it chews through ammo at a ridiculous rate. I'd still much prefer it to be similar to a battle rifle, hard hitting, automatic, but slow firing. A space BAR as it were.

I think what the playerbase wants, or at least what I'd want, is for there to not be any weapon 'tiers' and for the weapons to be more sidegrades rather than being strictly better or worse than other weapons.

I think what the playerbase wants, or at least what I'd want, is for there to not be any weapon 'tiers' and for the weapons to be more sidegrades rather than being strictly better or worse than other weapons.

I do not, it's not PvP, it's a 3rd person action-RPG style game. As such there needs to be incentives for levelling up, not just playing around. I want to get ludicrously more powerful each time my account gets another level.

And, Dual zoren was a huge disappointment. I was so excited to see them, oh well.

Boltor was everything, but not underpowered. Have you even used it? Do you know what a player who played Quake could do with that gun? It needed a little nerf.

you cannot compare this to quake, and yes i have the boltor

try going solo on a level 5 difficulty map, its not easy

Am i the only one that thinks that the Dual Zoren sucks? Are devs going to fix it?

No your not, i definitely hope they treat the dual zoren with the same thing they did for daggers. Since they are such low damage, mods which are mostly based on percentage dont add nearly enough to make any significant boosts to this weapon since its innate damage stats are so low. At least some sort of special feature that distinguishes them from something like dual skanas.

On another note, hopefully everyones request for a slower harder hitting rifle will be added as a new weapon? I feel that the Boltor wasn't meant to fulfill the role everyone wanted. In time we should get plenty more weapons to debate about. :D