Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 6: Hotfixes

[DE]Rebecca

No your not, i definitely hope they treat the dual zoren with the same thing they did for daggers. Since they are such low damage, mods which are mostly based on percentage dont add nearly enough to make any significant boosts to this weapon since its innate damage stats are so low. At least some sort of special feature that distinguishes them from something like dual skanas.

On another note, hopefully everyones request for a slower harder hitting rifle will be added as a new weapon? I feel that the Boltor wasn't meant to fulfill the role everyone wanted. In time we should get plenty more weapons to debate about. :D

Very good point sir! More weapons would easily calm the waters

Well damn :/ just joined this game a couple days ago and thought I wanted something different than what my friends had, so figured, why not, I'll get a bit of platinum and buy the boltor, wasn't too overly priced. But now what >.> ugh just bought it! At this point I feel I'd like to get the plat back to search for something different

After testing, it's more balanced than it was before today, but it chews through ammo at a ridiculous rate. I'd still much prefer it to be similar to a battle rifle, hard hitting, automatic, but slow firing. A space BAR as it were.

Yeah, that's why I bought the Boltor because it was a nice upgrade from the Braton.

Been using the Bolto as my handgun so i'm realy used to the slow fire rate but hard hitting gun types. (also running around with the Scindo)

Maybe just changing the damage a bit was enough for the Boltor rather than the option used. (that's my idea about it)

Was the Hyena recently fixed/reworked? The age-old trick of standing inside its model, triggering its infinite turn/spin without attacking doesn't seem to work anymore (I know, I'm a dirty exploiter :XXX; good thing with a supercharged HEK30 you can just mow it down anyways...). When trying to approach it, it not only does the stomp, but also backs up a lot more than usual, making it much harder to clip into its hitbox.

Well damn :/ just joined this game a couple days ago and thought I wanted something different than what my friends had, so figured, why not, I'll get a bit of platinum and buy the boltor, wasn't too overly priced. But now what >.> ugh just bought it! At this point I feel I'd like to get the plat back to search for something different

Just a note, that often they end up adding weapon blue prints for new guns in the market, so you can just farm the materials and create them instead of using plat! Sorry that you don't feel good about it, but the Boltor is a great midrange, armor piercing gun! Give it a try for awhile, after some levels it is still a very capable weapon!

I can't just keep pushing the top tier of weapons. Not all players are maxed out and this is CB. We need to make sure we have a nice gradiant of weapons as the player progress through the content.

We will be adding to all tiers of weapons as the game grows and matures, not just the top tier.

I would like to take this time to mention that if weapons are to be "tiered" the current Catalyst system may need another revision. Given that weapons aren't just side grades, there is little reason to invest Catalyst in weapons that are openly acknowledged to be weaker than their high tier counterparts.

At best, you will see players holding out on unlocking their weapons, and just holding out until they reach the "better" version at a later tier. At worst, you will have disgruntled customers that fee cheated because they wasted a catalyst on a lower tier weapon, shortly before a new "better" version of the weapon is released in a future update.

wasted catalyst and speed build (45) total on boltor now the dps on boltor is lower then braton and projectile speed sucks on it and some stupid messed up shooting with the gun causing it to miss at point blank range-.- this is going to make me stop playing for a while... still be logging on daily for rewards but i liked boltor for is imapling effect but not enough to justify this extreme nerf.

nearfing it by 7 damge is way two much should be atleast 20 like the burstron which cost less to make, costed 500 alloy plates and each time you find one the most you get is 15 and there rare. further more i believe the hek needs nerfing can nearly one hit kill (around 70+% of hp) of the hardest boss with the right mods and multishot.

Every weapon can dish out heavy damage. Try grabbing a Lex. A PISTOL. Get about 300% in multishot, and then tell me the Hek is over-powered. It's already been heavily nerfed in damage.

All the people *@##$ing about the Boltor nerf are being silly. It's still an absolute beast. To be honest I'm not noticing much of a difference in how fast it kills things, and I'm killing enemies at least 10 levels above it really easily.

You do realize they un-nerfed it within 4 hours? It was nerfed by 60% of its damage and couldnt kill anything.

A list of hotfixes for our hot Update 6!

MORE Hotfixes: Feb 5 @ 10 AM EST

Nyx, Frost and Excalibur Alt Helmet changes

Fixed grenade throwing for AI as well as tweaking grenade damage

Security cameras no longer get alerted by AI on different factions

Fixed Brightness, Contrast, Local Reflections and Tutorials Enabled not taking effect

Boltor tweaks: Faster fire rate, less damage

Daggers now bypass armor

Heat Dagger added to store

MORE Hotfixes: Feb 5 @ 2:45 PM EST

Fixed 65K health bug

Changed Boltor stats

Daggers bypass armor and any more changes other than the image? also Steve mention somewhere that he was working on some weapon's description, any idea when it's being implemented?

also somehow Nyx's Shield drop to 50 on some missions was that tagged as bug already or it's meant to happen on some missions? right now just got the 100 base

I love my HEK, and shotguns in general, and that is what I tend to use. But, I was really hoping, and still am, to use the Boltor as a rifle I can finally enjoy. I have a upgraded Gorgon I was leveling, but its not so much my thing. I also would like the Burston and Sicarus to be more usable, the burst mechanic appeals to me as someone who loves shotguns.

And to my real point in all of this...

I don't care about progression for weapons now, I think adding progression weapons later when you add in higher difficulty play throughs is more appropriate, and merely balance all current things for the current tier of progression; an equal balance of all current weapons in terms of real world DPS and allow for players to pick a weapon for their playstale / allow pro's and con's and such to seperate the weapons and make them unique and play different.

---> I truly dislike the idea of basically being forced to abandon a preferred weapon in favor of a "higher DPS" weapon just so I can play the game's harder content. I want to be able to pick from an arsenal of weapons to suit my playstyle and enjoy the game. <---

Please consider my suggestions, I think this would help the game, make balancing and later progression easier to plan, and most of all increase the fun for the players. Thanks.

Edited by Alienami

Honestly it would be interesting if you could just work any weapon to make it really strong, right now it's somewhat limitated, Slots/Mods do such a thing but I mean something to allow you to go further, like fusing the same weapon many times to increase status or something similar

I could have sworn bo has the same stats as a skana.

The bo, fraggor, and furax all bypass armor. It felt like a good theme they had going with blunt weapons ignoring armor. There has to be a better way of making daggers good. Breaking that theme makes it feel kind of gimmicky.

Edited by Aggh

NERF all weapons....

we are in beta i feel that my weapons from lvl 20 and more are totally OP

i am glad they nerfed boltor cause i was like, geez i love it but it's just op (now it's way better) but that wapon should be lvl lock

gorgon should be lvl lok too and the boar too....

It's not a good thing being OP at lvl 30 it dont let a lot of space from any evolution after and it's just begining of the game

NERF all weapons....

we are in beta i feel that my weapons from lvl 20 and more are totally OP

i am glad they nerfed boltor cause i was like, geez i love it but it's just op (now it's way better) but that wapon should be lvl lock

gorgon should be lvl lok too and the boar too....

It's not a good thing being OP at lvl 30 it dont let a lot of space from any evolution after and it's just begining of the game

You don't want to nerf all weapons -__- especially considering they will be coming out with tougher content for sure.

How about grouping mob types with mission types? I know it's difficult for now, since each factor has very limited mob types, but as they introduce more enemies, they can potentially have many different types of enemies per faction.

We can have say, a capture, rescue or sabotage mission, due to the nature of them being more defense type (from the enemy's point of view) missions, would spawn more heavy, slow enemies that take more damage from a certain type of weapons.

And for spy, deception or assassination, we can have faster types of enemies that require the use of different types of weapons.

Not sure how that'll work out actually, but right now it's really just HEK vs Gorgon and it can get stale fast.

I would like to take this time to mention that if weapons are to be "tiered" the current Catalyst system may need another revision. Given that weapons aren't just side grades, there is little reason to invest Catalyst in weapons that are openly acknowledged to be weaker than their high tier counterparts.

At best, you will see players holding out on unlocking their weapons, and just holding out until they reach the "better" version at a later tier. At worst, you will have disgruntled customers that fee cheated because they wasted a catalyst on a lower tier weapon, shortly before a new "better" version of the weapon is released in a future update.

This

The simplest fix would be to make it so when you respec an item that you've upgraded, you have an option to get the catalyst back

is the ignore armor on boltor still there? been fighiting a heavy armored boss and only deal 6 damge to boss with boltor unranked but my akbloto pistol deals 25 damge unranked

I've noticed the Boltor still does reduced damage against bosses since before the hotfix. I figured it was because the bosses had innate damage reduction that didn't fall under the catagory of "armor". But if Bolto pistols are doing full damage, then that may be a bug.