Best Damage/CC Frames?

mosaickle

Question

24 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Shuuro said:

Banshee for damage, hands down.

Lol i wont deny shes good but best nah 

Chroma would like to have a word with you :3

As for CC i dont know who to say is the best it depends on the situation but i would say vaubun is pretty much up there for most things but when you throw nulls in the mix irradiating loki then hops up there turns everyone melee and makes them fight each other

Edited by Omnipower

6 minutes ago, Shuuro said:

Banshee for damage, hands down.

She still has some problems with "big ones"

I like Volt's discharge as CC skill, dont use it much lately but i remember i had lots of fun with that, also Vauban's 3rd skill (dont remeber name) is a bit OP imo

Just now, Omnipower said:

Lol i wont deny shes good but best nah 

Chroma would like to have a word with you :3

I didn't know Chroma's at max 7x(?) damage multiplier could beat Banshee's Sonar which can get over 1000% bonus damage...Per overlaying stack... for anyone in the team.

Damge:

Equinox Day Form with her bleeding stack can bea heavy damge burst, while Night Form has a strong CC sleep with good range.

Ember burning everything with WoF especily combined with her 2th ability.

Nova causing heavy chainreactions of explosions.

Banshee with Sound Quake augment can do heavy damage, also CC the whole map.

CC:

Nyx Chaos with high range.

Limbo disarming them and with augment radiating them.

Inaros, trapping storng enemys in his quicksand or trowing them around with his sandstorm.

Nezha, Impaling the whole map with high duration making all enemys not albe to move anymore.

Frost with range and duration and his 3rd ability. Maybe also his Frost shield and his agument freezing enemys inside aswell.

Ivara with range and duration with her sleeping arrows.

Vauban and his bastile and augment to it.

Most now from the top of my head.

Edited by Marine027

4 minutes ago, Shuuro said:

I didn't know Chroma's at max 7x(?) damage multiplier could beat Banshee's Sonar which can get over 1000% bonus damage...Per overlaying stack... for anyone in the team.

I had to wiki didnt realise the sonar overlapping actually stacks.

Alright yeah a sonar banshee can pretty much turn even unmodded weapons into trucks.

Just now, Omnipower said:

I had to wiki didnt realise the sonar overlapping actually stacks.

Alright yeah a sonar banshee can pretty much turn even unmodded weapons into trucks.

Yeah, even without the mod Banshee can make enemies take nearly 15x the damage. She can easily make a single shot hit into the millions. Lotus save you if it gets multi layered on a poor souls face.

1d7be0ec9f.jpg

4 minutes ago, Shuuro said:

Yeah, even without the mod Banshee can make enemies take nearly 15x the damage. She can easily make a single shot hit into the millions. Lotus save you if it gets multi layered on a poor souls face.

1d7be0ec9f.jpg

Knowing DE they gonna nerf that soon :P

1 hour ago, Raskolnikow said:

She still has some problems with "big ones"

I like Volt's discharge as CC skill, dont use it much lately but i remember i had lots of fun with that, also Vauban's 3rd skill (dont remeber name) is a bit OP imo

Sonic facture reduces armor to zero. 

Playing her with naramon also gets rid of all the issues she might have with higher levels (her kit works suprisingly well, if not in absolutely perfect synergy with this tool.)

Can't agree with any interpretations of "big ones". One may note that she's the best supporter in the game, rather then beeing the best Damage dealer.

------

I'd go with saryn for best Damage frame...Aoe damaging spores +2 status types by herself that are basicly self-substaining at a certain level plus best Condition Overload use in the game if used with a Telos Boltace.

-3 standart status types independent of weapon status itself, covering both physical status types and useable offhand, thus combineable with elemental status primarys/secondarys, which then set the base for toxic leash. (Scales off a percentage of "weapon damage")

One can't exactly beat up to 105% damage multipliers on a up to 24m radius radial melee weapon, which then make her ability poison scale, which then may or may not spread over with her spores (not sure how far that was fixed, pretty awesome even by itself tho). Not even Banshee.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Alternative and non-standard options -

Damage - tanked Inaros (put all into HP and armor, 'Rapid Resilience', 'Handspring', toxin/fire resistance mods, ignore any skills), Naramon (+crit, invisibility after crit) with life leaching berserk crit melee (Galatine prime).

CC - Zenistar with high explosive status chance. Frost with huge ball radius and spam cast (you must just push enemy away, but not nullifiers).

20 hours ago, Raskolnikow said:

Knowing DE they gonna nerf that soon :P

That's like saying that DE will nerf Frost because he can protect stuff with his snowglobes. It's literally the entire niche of the frame, and it's not unbalanced in any way; why the hell would anyone consider nerfing it?

OT:

At the moment, there's a bug where melee stealth multipliers get applied multiple times for DoT procs (e.g. Slash/fire/toxic procs deal 64x instead of 8x damage while invisible, and Gas procs deal 512x instead of 8x damage while invisible).

Until the bug gets fixed, Loki with a wide-ranged Status melee (e.g. Lesion, Secura Lecta, Atterax, Telos Boltace) is hilariously strong. Irradiating Disarm already makes Loki a god-tier CC frame, but being able to instakill level 200+ enemies just by hitting them while invisible makes him one of the best damaging frames as well.

Realistically, any half-decent CC frame (e.g. Rhino) will be able to replicate this just fine with Naramon-- but Loki has the advantage of having incredible CC + incredible survivability + gamebreaking damage, while being able to use Zenurik on top of it. Not to mention you can focus purely on Status without being shoehorned into crit builds.

Edited by SortaRandom

i love the fact that ember is im pretty sure the hands down best for just standing there.*but*. limbo is special in ways that he basically just has unlimited energy with his passive ability also allowing him to be invulnerable to certain and most of the attacks. in most games an invincibility state would stop you from regenerating but limbo is basically invincible. saryn prime(my best frame)is a tank she can take down multiple enemies in seconds only by using her 1st ability and at least one bullet, you only have to use her first ability once but it will multiply like crazy if you continue to use it over and over it will deal significant amounts of damage. she even has some nice stats if you mod her correctly and add the augmentations to her and you will have plentiful amounts of room for your mods. happy gaming guys and gals!

Edited by Extress8888

Best CC Frames:    Loki, Nyx

Best Solo Damage Frames:    Chroma, Mesa, Nidus, Ash, Octavia

Best Group Damage Frames:   Venom Dose Saryn, Banshee, Shock Trooper Volt,

Best Group CPx4 Damage Frames:  FF+FA Ember, Maim Equinox, Nova

Special mentions to Nidus + Equinox + Banshee combo for Damage.

...and I refuse to mention anything with Naramon.

14 hours ago, Xzorn said:

I'm shocked that you left Ivara out of the listing especially considering some of the frames you did include in the first two catagories.  Shame on you fellow Tenno.  :D

5 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

I'm shocked that you left Ivara out of the listing especially considering some of the frames you did include in the first two catagories.  Shame on you fellow Tenno.  :D

Well, it wasn't best solo frames, it was best solo Damage frames and CC frames.

Ash has his improved bleeds and amplified finishers from his Fatal Teleport, You don't actually need to use Covert Lethality with it to stab something for 3million and he can take enemies clothes off granting 100% damage output. But even with a Dagger 50% of Ivara's lasing potential is from stealing life support. Ash still "technically" has a better kill rate.

I'm not sure how Ivara could compare to Nyx or Loki in the CC department though.

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Well, it wasn't best solo frames, it was best solo Damage frames and CC frames.

Ash has his improved bleeds and amplified finishers from his Fatal Teleport, You don't actually need to use Covert Lethality with it to stab something for 3million and he can take enemies clothes off granting 100% damage output. But even with a Dagger 50% of Ivara's lasing potential is from stealing life support. Ash still "technically" has a better kill rate.

I'm not sure how Ivara could compare to Nyx or Loki in the CC department though.

I'll help you with this.  Artemis Bow for the high damage.  Sleep and Noise Arrow for CC.  Depending on the range, even Artemis Bow can be CC in a way.  

As long as you don't gimp her power str or have a shotgun as primary, Artemis Bow is extremely damaging.  Just saying.  :D

On 3/13/2017 at 11:10 PM, Atylia said:

What would be some of the best damage and CC frames (not both, just best in each category)?

IMO, Limbo with max range and duration is perfect for CC, provided you activate the 2nd and 4th together

Let's not also forget Vauban

Frames that scale with weapon mods are better for VEEERY HIGH LEVELS : ( Banshee, Chroma, even excal, umm mesa,mirage etc)

Also frames that posses finishers are good with Covert Lethality ( Ash, ivara, equinox etc)

Frames that scale with abilities damage are abit more reliable in HIGH BUT NOT SO HIGH LEVELS ( Ember, Equinox ,etc)

CC frames : no best right here , but subjectively speaking i would pick vauban . Some others : Nyx, Loki .etc/

Frames that do damage with both weapons AND abilitiy scaling(or finishers) are called Serial Killer frames in my clan , and are usually considered the best damage dealers. 

Some examples : Mesa, Excal, Banshee, Equinox. Of course, they need to be played right cuz they are very squishy

I haven't played very many frames, however, Nidus is actually an amazing frame crowd control wise. He is difficult for some at first I guess, but with Stretch+Over Extended+Intensify, I'm able to solo survivals for 1hr(Only using abilities). Of course, put on stuff like Vitality and Steel Fiber for survivability. Use your Larvae skill, suck em all up, then use Virulence for damage. OE doesn't mess with DMG output much once you build your Mutation Stacks. Have your team let you build your stacks otherwise, your gonna be really weak endgame. Watch out for Ancient Healers though, Larvae wont work on enemies when they're around. You can wipe them easily enough with Virulence. 

Last thing, Nidus is a spam frame. Especially when your stacks are building. Your stacks max at 100. If you have 15 or more stacks, you become invincible, in a way. If your health hits 0 you lose 15 stacks, become invulnerable for a short while, and regain your health. Still, be wary of dying, because the lower your stacks, the less DMG your dealing. 

(Boldened the important stuff. 👌👌)

Edited by (XB1)DragonMaster870

On 5/25/2017 at 0:05 AM, Xzorn said:

If you build any melee right(condition overload+healing return for excalibur, just CO for hysteria)

valk and excal become exceptional solo dmg dealers.