Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Premium helmets look horrible !!!!!!

MrWednesday

Hi!

After the new updates there were variety of premium helmets (could only be purchased with platinum). I didn't try any on yet, but from the martket's images they look horrible. The designs don't mix with the game or the armor, they seemed oversized and ridiculous to put on.

They have no cosmetic value at all, no one would ever bought them w/o the bonus stats.

Btw, it'd be nice if the devs provide some in-game footages of these premium helmets or of any future implement of cosmetic items, it'll be easier to judge them.

Edited by matkiencan138

Yep i love (exepct Trinity) and bought (exepct Trinity) them all, and as a side note, i didn´t knew abot thoose extra stast they gave so i had bought them with them just as cosmetics in mind!!

only thing i dislike is the new got extra helmes just in the set, bought the new frames right away and didn saw the bundles with 2. helm :( they may looking great

Totally agree....i tryied Rhino, and it's cool... but the other are totally out of game design.... warframes are WEAPONS, are BLADES, SAMURAI, NINJAS.... not "scorpion".... Please, try to redesign it!

You may didn´t notice this but alsmost every Warframe is inspired by an Animal so it nothing new ;)

THe majority of them definitely stray a bit from the original look of the warframes (ie. Excalibur). The promotional art and the featured warframes (Excalibur, Loki, Mag, Rhino) from the website all give off a smooth, stylish vibe, while the new ones like Trinity and Ember tend to go with the random extra stuff the come out here and there. And now with the alternate helmets, a lot more random things jotting out here and there.

Of course, it'd be too boring to always go for the smooth, minimalist look, but IMO these premium helmets are going a bit overboard.

But then again, the whole point is to offer drastically different styles for each warframe, so whatever look a player likes, they can pick.

Edited by Gestalt

I think they should add something like gold/silver trim (like founder's package) or LED light trim, etc.

Again this is only a matter of perspective, some may like it some may not, no need for harsh feelings.

IMO, the devs could keep all the design since a number of ppl have bought them, but it's not in my interest right now and im deffinately looking for future design/updates. Ty.

just wondering if anyone has a pic of the nyx and frost helms or what they are suppose to alter?

not sure about nyx. but i saw a frost alternate helm on a guy...looks like a cross between nyx and frost actually. what i mean is, the basic design of the original frost helm remains the same in the alternate version. however, they included the crest/horn thing from the nyx helm.

Ember's new helmet looks awesome.

Mag's original helmet was never pretty to begin with anyway, so the new one didn't really worsen it much.

Trinity's new helmet looks... interesting I guess. could get used to that one tbh.

Don't have any other helmets than those.

Embers new helmet is awesome, bought that one instantly, fixes the issues everyone had with embers chicken look.

Trinitys is really cool too, volts looks pretty awesome too, the only one that i dont like is mag's, poor mag.

This game has a very unique bio-mech art style which is exactly my favorite style of art so its the best game ever for me, but its not for everyone.

so frost and nyx do actually have alternative helms then? their just not buyable seperatly yet is that right?

I'd like the Mags new hat if it lost the antenna ears.

I quite like the aesthetic of the mags new hat, the keyhole face, the mutton-chop things on the side, but that antenna ears are ugly as hell and give me a little bit of motion sickness.

Between the 'energy effects' on the metal bits and the antenna ears, I think the hat in generally doesn't fit the rest of the Mags model, and I do think it would look better if they were removed.

They really need to change Ash's scorpian helmet, it looks really stupid.

Enough people like it. It beats the ... well. Predator Helmet for people with negative cash flow positions.

What I am saying, is, the helmet is well-executed. It's nicely textured and tintable, and it is uniquie. Actual taste differs from player to player.

Edited by Ced23Ric

Ember's new helmet looks awesome.

Mag's original helmet was never pretty to begin with anyway, so the new one didn't really worsen it much.

Trinity's new helmet looks... interesting I guess. could get used to that one tbh.

Don't have any other helmets than those.

What~~~~~ Mag's swirly nebula is the most unique helmet of the entire bunch!!! I got her just on that alone :3 But I can see how it can be a bit... strange for people.

Ember's "new" helmet is actually the old helmet for back when she was a he!