Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Jordas Verdict (Im Discouraged)

(PSN)SmallOh5

Im discouraged to even attempt this thing. And i dont want to mess up peoples run. I have watched the Mogamu vid on how to do it but its insane if i look at all the stuff that should be done. Right now i can basically run the LOR (reg+nightmare) with my eyes close. I thought i wanted a challenge but then i saw the Jordas Verdict :shocked: . Any pros out there that can carry and teach?

I felt the same way so I ran it solo a few times until I got the kill.  The boss fight was 25 minutes.  I then acquired a Grattler and potato'd it and leveled the mods and now it's about 2 minutes per run.  It's all about the gear for this one.

8 minutes ago, Zepp_ said:

I felt the same way so I ran it solo a few times until I got the kill.  The boss fight was 25 minutes.  I then acquired a Grattler and potato'd it and leveled the mods and now it's about 2 minutes per run.  It's all about the gear for this one.

He us talking about the raid version not the atlas version...

I agree with op, i saw archwing, i saw several videos on it and was just NOPE...

Done everything else in game but likly never will do jv raid.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

I agree with op, i saw archwing, i saw several videos on it and was just NOPE...

Hate to admit it, but I agree. I felt LOR was enough of a learning curve, but JV seems too involved and not very much room for error.

Risk =/= reward.

Edited by DaftMeat

8 minutes ago, DaftMeat said:

Hate to admit it, but I agree. I felt LOR was enough of a learning curve, but JV seems too involved and not very much room for error.

Risk =/= reward.

Its not hard at all, and there really isnt a learning curve for either raid. You either get it or you dont. My daily runs clock in usually at under 30mins a raid and I run all 3 with my clan. LoR/NM offer a chance at 150-200 :platinum: vs Jordas offering a chance at 150-500 :platinum: . (in addition to just over a million credits a day with a booster that you usually get lucky and find in raid) Id say its well worth the small time investment. You just gotta learn them, and have decent gear, or an amesha and a velocitus for Jordas. Also, as @Kaotyke said, join the Raid Schoolbus discord, its a great resource for players looking to learn or even host daily raids. 

Edited by armedpoop

Hmm not sure if this is still valid, but I don't think Raid Schoolbus offers school busses for PS4.

All of the JV Raid videos on youtube seems complicated because of the duration it takes to explain the things you have to do for the raid. Once you have learned it, you will find it to be quite easy.

If you get the chance to join into a JV raid, don't worry about not being able to do anything significant. Just follow the players and you will eventually learn what to do.

1 hour ago, (PS4)HaterReplicator said:

It's not that bad honestly. Just play it, experience it, you'll get confident. The only issue I see players (new and old) have is the part where you have to fly through the tunnel before shields run out. Enemies are not too difficult

It's not just bad it's godawful. Congrats to DE, this is probably the worst raid in history of games ever made and all solely because of the last part.

Everything up till 3rd part is fine but 3rd you can't possibly learn and we all know why.

Players have to have more patience for each other in JV than LOR though.

No one has to and no one wants to be. Which is completely understandable.

For everyone else it's their 100th run and they had to explain it 90 times to someone else already. Couple it with the fact that najority don't use mics and it just an awful experience for everyone involved.

tMy daily runs clock in usually at under 30mins a raid and I run all 3 with my clan

You run it with clanmates to begin with. Enough said. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)SmallOh5 said:

Im discouraged to even attempt this thing. And i dont want to mess up peoples run. I have watched the Mogamu vid on how to do it but its insane if i look at all the stuff that should be done. Right now i can basically run the LOR (reg+nightmare) with my eyes close. I thought i wanted a challenge but then i saw the Jordas Verdict :shocked: . Any pros out there that can carry and teach?

JV is much easier than LoR. It can be completed with only 2 people without glitching (4 to start of course). Look for a group that just need a "raid starter" because they lack squad members. Be sure to be honest and tell people you have 0 experience and want to learn.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

JV raid is easy. Also, when it first came out,  due to glitches and bugs, we did jv raids in under 3 mins or less. Lols,  times have changed. They now slow and only useful for that one elusive arcane. Energise 

12 hours ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

It can be completed with only 2 people without glitching (4 to start of course). Look for a group that just need a "raid starter" because they lack squad members. Be sure to be honest and tell people you have 0 experience and want to learn.

All you will do then is playing football outside.

That's a typical situation, people don't care that someone doesn't know what to do in the raid they mostly care about the injector (and previously you caouldn't even get IT so people had to lie about having them). But they won't teach you anything. The reason is simple, everyone wants to complete it as soon as possible. Trying to explain someone what to do while going is the opposite of as soon as possible.

Even if someone will be explaining LoR or JV it's still worse than guides (like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbe3elqcG6k&t=930s)  because they won't have the time to explain everything - and because of JV being intentionally overcomplicated piece of ... even guides don't help with teh 3rd part.

JV is much easier than LoR.

Are you ok?

All you need to do in Lor you already did in normal missions (hijack part for example) and what you didn't do previously is easy as it can get. Stay on buttons and don't move. That's it. Buttons are often even waypointed to you. You've seen one guide (not Mogamu tho since it's total crp) you will do it. Everything else if down to the frame selection - if you have slow nova and vauban doing their job nothing will ever get to you to possibly harm or throw from the pads. If you came prepared you can't possibly fail normal lor.  

Edited by Nomen_Nescio

15 hours ago, DaftMeat said:

Risk =/= reward.

I'd disagree, JV doesn't exactly have a 'fail condition' to it, every stage is redo-able unlike LoR's goddamn Core hijack phase. 

8 minutes ago, Agentawesome said:

I'd disagree, JV doesn't exactly have a 'fail condition' to it, every stage is redo-able unlike LoR's goddamn Core hijack phase. 

Assuming it's nightmare.

If it's normal you have all the time in the world to tell people to move their butts. And as you are all in one even if it's a big room you can waypoint them to pads - again if you've seen a guide even if you don't know where exactly pads are you will find them eventally and in normal you're not risking anything taking your time. The core concept of staying on pads until someone tells you to move is simple.

IN JV you can't do that because all players will have to go in different directiosn and often a simple waypoint is not enough to tell them what they have to do.

People can't exactly fail JV but JV can take up more than an hour to finish so they just abort often. In NM LoR even if you fail you fail under 15 minutes not goddem 1,5 hours (which happened in one of my runs)

Edited by Nomen_Nescio

16 hours ago, (PS4)SmallOh5 said:

add me and we organize a run ;) im gonna show you what is needed to be done. Make sure to bring a good archwing or you ll die often. Odonata prime with 1 forma is perfect, I use velocitus or imperator vandal and centaur, its probably the best loadout. Some people like Amesha, you can bring that too, helps with survivability.

For frames : fast nova, ev trinity, desecrate nekros are basic for JV, then you can bring killer frames and no CC frames are needed instead Lor. 

That said, feel free to contact me .

16 hours ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

I often write in chat mate, join sometimes and Ill be happy to explain ! ;) 

With everyone looking only for experienced players, i find it hard to actually try and learn the jv and lor. I tried asking several times, telling them that i can hold myself but inxepirienced in raids so they could just tell me what to do while i cc, never seen a respond ehatsoever.

And only watching video of people doing it doesn't help for me..

2 hours ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

With everyone looking only for experienced players, i find it hard to actually try and learn the jv and lor. I tried asking several times, telling them that i can hold myself but inxepirienced in raids so they could just tell me what to do while i cc, never seen a respond ehatsoever.

might also be that due to how jv works one doesnt really need cc that much but focuses more on killing while finishing the trials objectives 

3 hours ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

You can always join the Raid School Bus discord. People are always teaching others LoR and JV.

EDIT: You are on PS4, so idk.

Also, like Amducias said, it is more focused on killing while doing objectives, it is a change of pace from LoR.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

Just now, (PS4)SmallOh5 said:

Thanks for all the comments guys. i just talked to @(PS4)maso_sage-mode to take him up on his offer to help teach me how to run JV. And to be fair since someone is helping me i will help @(PS4)watt4hem to help him learn the LoR run. Players helping player, i love this game so much

Thank you, i really appriciate the offer but the time frame of which i can play is abit...chaotic to say the least xD (i live out of town to study) so i can't really say when i would be back online :clem:

But if i do see you online i'll take you up on the offer :)

9 hours ago, Nomen_Nescio said:

All you will do then is playing football outside.

That's a typical situation, people don't care that someone doesn't know what to do in the raid they mostly care about the injector (and previously you caouldn't even get IT so people had to lie about having them). But they won't teach you anything. The reason is simple, everyone wants to complete it as soon as possible. Trying to explain someone what to do while going is the opposite of as soon as possible.

Even if someone will be explaining LoR or JV it's still worse than guides (like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbe3elqcG6k&t=930s)  because they won't have the time to explain everything - and because of JV being intentionally overcomplicated piece of ... even guides don't help with teh 3rd part.

I'm speaking from my own experience. In my usual JV squad (usually 1 dependable clanmate, myself, 1 ok-ish clanmate, and a random raid starter), we are able to take care of what it is needed to be done while teaching/explaining the mechanics of JV to the random (if he/she wanted to learn). The whole session takes about 35-50 mins) depending on how much explaining needed.

Are you ok?

All you need to do in Lor you already did in normal missions (hijack part for example) and what you didn't do previously is easy as it can get. Stay on buttons and don't move. That's it. Buttons are often even waypointed to you. You've seen one guide (not Mogamu tho since it's total crp) you will do it. Everything else if down to the frame selection - if you have slow nova and vauban doing their job nothing will ever get to you to possibly harm or throw from the pads. If you came prepared you can't possibly fail normal lor.

The reasons I say JV is much easier are

1. No specific frames requirement. You can go as anything you want.
  2. You don't need to depend on others to get the job done (except for a second person).
  3. There is no fail-state (except for running out of revives) unlike Hijack in LOR.

From my experiences when someone says they "know" LoR, what they mean is that they "know partially enough to get through LoR". You don't know a trial/raid until you can simply look at the minimap, see where everyone is position, and go do the missing required jobs. I'm salty because so often do I have to literally carry bomb, hack 2-3 consoles, drop energy pads, and politely ask CC frames to please do their jobs.

The reasons I say JV is much easier are

No specific frames requirement. You can go as anything you want.

Not true. You can go with anything techincally as all you need to be doing is to kill enemies however your usual squad (fast nova, ev, bless) and farming frames like Nekros makes it ten times easier. If you don't have ev/bless and have new people they will be dying over and over in the last stage inside. In times where you could glitch through it you also needed Nezha. You can also go with something like Valkyr or Wukong but again, saying that you can bring anything is far from reality, usually hosts ask for certan frames, it's just not as important.

All frames that needed in LoR are easily obtainable. It's essentially trinity, any frame with large energy pool even starter Volt, Rhino and Nova. All of this you can get early on. Vauban is not 100% needed as well as Loki.

You don't need to depend on others to get the job done (except for a second person).

Again very far from reality. As you assume you will get 2-3 people with you that know what they're doing.

In my last 2 JV runs at the very least 2 to 3 people were doing nothing outside just being blatantly afk and remaining 2 inside were taking pretty long to do their part, some "died" and also were afk just waiting for those 2 to finish. In both cases we started with 6-7 people and barely 2-3 were doing something - and it was barely enough. This is how much people hate JV that they'd rather leech than learn it - as I've never seen anything close to it in LoR. Ever.

There is no fail-state (except for running out of revives) unlike Hijack in LOR.

Only goes for Nightmare which you shouldn't been doing before you learn Normal.

Any stage of JV can turn into a fail stage as the amount of bugs is outstanding. You can take too long and people would just abort, people can get lost flying to that first door (and if they die and you skip cutscene you will bug it out), in the last stage if someone will go afk or just don't know what to do you're already lost. People also often disconnect and from 7-8 people you end up, again, with barely 1-2 that know what they're doing and 2-3 that have literally no idea so they just hang out outside. Even having 1 (ONE) person knowing how to deal with the nerves and no one else isn't uncommon. That's just awful.

I've run many LoRs with people that didn't watch any guides ever and they mostly did just fine with brief instuctions. JV is the opposite.

From my experiences when someone says they "know" LoR, what they mean is that they "know partially enough to get through LoR". You don't know a trial/raid until you can simply look at the minimap, see where everyone is position, and go do the missing required jobs. I'm salty because so often do I have to literally carry bomb, hack 2-3 consoles, drop energy pads, and politely ask CC frames to please do their jobs.

Even if your experience is like that it's exactly the same as doing everything yourself in JV like you said. 

You can occasionally get re**s in LoR but it's not as common. Most understand the concept which is enough in 90% of times. It's evident if you compare JV's overall wr (around 66%) with normal Lor (74%) and nightmare (68%). Ironically, NM even has a higher ration even if not by much. LoR is easier. People often joke that JV itself is already a nightmare as it is.