The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dex 3 day alert

GENESISDARK

-snip-

I cant help but be a prick when people start acting surprised that instead of mailing it to you in such a boring fashion they somewhat slightly expect you to run a few missions over the course of 3 days to get the set.

They can change acquisition anyway they feel, you still get the potatoed weapons with a free slot each weapon.

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed quoted comment at author's request

good job I got all my Dex Weapons last year then XD!

while they won't be given for free, it's an alert. AN ALERT. not a Sortie, or a Raid, or anything remotely challenging, just another excuse to kill a bunch of mobs for the shiny things.

inb4 they make every enemy in the alert level 1000 Bombard Eximi, at which point I'll just smugly sit back and polish the oh-so-shiny barrel of my Dex Sybaris some more...

-snip-

Yes surprised with negative connotations.

-snip-

Youre acting surprised that they decided you needed to lift a few pebbles for the reward. 

-snip-

A weapon that requires no work from the user, a weapon that was given reportedly to everyone and anyone (free slots included) with 0 input from the recievers. Yes. Boring.

-snip-

Except all they did was make it an alert,instead of being a freebie handout, the end result is the same regardless of how they do it. Only difference now is you have to run a few missions for them.

So basically youre pissed off that you have to do something in a video game.

-snip-

Going to need an actual objective explanation to how its a "crappy decision".

2 hours ago, IamRageypoo said:

Don't be a prick. These were given out for free before, we do plenty all year long. 

Then stop being entitled and be happy that you can get them. DE could have just don´t make them available again after the first introduction.

-snip-

Did you ever think that maybe you are looking at this the wrong way? Maybe it's not DE just being a bunch of meanies and making you do a terrible terrible alert. Maybe they just wanted to make it a little more interesting. People want new content, new events, what better than a spiffy anniversary alert? It's supposed to be fun, ya know.

Edited by [DE]Taylor

26 minutes ago, IamRageypoo said:

How am I being entitled? They were FREE before! 

Just like everyday commodities, prices can rise. Why? They want more player count.

By making time exclusives they can control players like puppets ezpz like that.

-snip-

This is the like the definition of entitled. Read it again if you aren't understanding. "Free before".

Were you here before? No you weren't. So you don't deserve them at all.

DE could've just made them 1 per year, or last year could have been the last year to obtain the weapons. But they didn't. They are letting you (and me and everyone else) get them with an alert for free. Oh lord how will we manage. The audacity of some players is downright disappointing.

If a new player started a month or 2 before this anniversary alert started and saw it, they wouldn't jump to cry how they have to put in a bit of work. They would be stoked to get free weapons (and slots and catalysts) and a syandana. You feel entitled to a reward you were not here for. You should've been here then! :crylaugh:

Edited by [DE]Taylor
removed quoted comment at OP's request

-snip-

This is actually the very definition of "entitled". Let's say you gave a bum 5 dollars. Then the next day he went up to you and said "Where's my 5 dollars?". You replied, "I gave you one yesterday!". And he, feeling entitled, said, "You gave me 5 dollars today so you must give me one today too! I am entitled to it!".

They WERE free before. It doesn't say ANYWHERE they will be FREE every year. By assuming that, you're being entitled.

Edited by [DE]Taylor

5 minutes ago, Aleksundar said:

Would make me kinda upset if they didn't give us slots or potatoes... Seeing as there are the same amount of weps this year as last year. I've been looking forward those since I heard about them

Those will most likely be included. The only difference this year as opposed to the last is that you will most likely have to do an alert in order to receive them with potatoes and catalysts.

3 hours ago, Xaranoth said:

I personally am excited that DE is giving us the chance to get the weapons again, as dex sybaris is a really good (with fun mechanics imo) gun. I really don't care that they're behind an event, as most events are pretty doable even for new players (with help from vets sometimes), and the events help break up the monotony and keep the game interesting for me.

This.

It's just cool to get second and do different formas on it, makes no difference to me how we will get them.

As long as it's new player friendly (not gated by the mastery rank, do not need an active clan (Ignissssssss), and do not need to unlock Saturn or Kuva Fortress for that).

And it's not a Conclave only.

Oh and I hope that event difficulty will be scaling. Would be nice if people who have not been around last year will get rewards without the need to ask for taxi and hiding somewhere while someone nukes the map.

Come to think of it, it will be fair to give blueprints and cosmetic only for people who already have Dex Weapons and a full package for a new Tenno.

Seen it before. Developers add additional "catch-up" distance between new players and veterans, for no particularly good reason except they suddenly decide it's too easy. I will be very disappointed if they're activity gated, blueprints, or anything different from the previous awards. 

And as for "entitlement," anyone who did receive these items for free with a slot and potato needs to quietly exit the discussion, because they've got no standing to even contribute. 

Edited by (XB1)CannyJack

8 hours ago, Aleksundar said:

I'm a bit skeptical, they've never given a wep with slot and potato before.

Yes...they have.

1. Some Vandal weapons: (Braton, Lato, Prova, Quanta).

2. Some Wraith weapons:  (Machete, Gorgon, Vulkar, Furax, Twin Vipers)

3. Login Reward / Daily Tribute weapons: (Azima, Zenistar).

4. Previous Dex weapons in years past.

Edited by MirageKnight