Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Euphona Prime Alt fire.

Lancars

Is there a point to using it? As i see its kind of lack luster and i'm better off using the slug. Plus i have to keep clicking my alt fire button to shoot it so its very tedious instead of like the Stradavar and the Zarr.

I read that its alt fire is a 5.5 range so i might as well melee them. Kinda seems like a letdown since i can just use the spira prime and kill faster.

Just my two cents review.

Edited by Lancars

Euphona's alt fire is short range, 5m to 7m is most effective but its basically a mini Tigris shot its got high slash, status and has a fairly tight spread. Good for an armour stripper and bleed procs usually kills level 100+ stuff faster then unloading a slug into a brain with the right build on it.

2 minutes ago, Nurmetya said:

Euphona's alt fire is short range, 5m to 7m is most effective but its basically a mini Tigris shot its got high slash, status and has a fairly tight spread. Good for an armour stripper and bleed procs usually kills level 100+ stuff faster then unloading a slug into a brain with the right build on it.

Yea but if you're that close wouldn't you be meleeing?

24 minutes ago, Lancars said:

Yea but if you're that close wouldn't you be meleeing?

Well not every group I run into is packin a full set or even half a set most of the time worth of CP's, so if I got a big pissed off grineer lady lookin down at me with that gorgon of hers at the ready to blow my arse off I'm gonna soften her up with whatever I got before I start a whackin' at her with a melee weapon and if I got euphona in hand at the time it works rather well for that.

15 hours ago, Nurmetya said:

Good for an armour stripper and bleed procs usually kills level 100+ stuff faster then unloading a slug into a brain with the right build on it.

idk..... i had some morons spawn in a jugg on the third sortie a while back. had a banshee hit sonar. popped the thing in the leg for a 160k+ crit. thing fell like a sack of potatoes.

i seriously wish i took a screenshot

Edited by Moysa

i love this weapon, nice stats u can go for both status on shortrange secunday fire and the slug with awesome stats. i mean, y well wont use secundary at long range missions obviusly but spy? rescue. i mean it not just endless once. dosnt have to fit all mission styles. i just really really hope that DE change it to switching between fire modes on mousecklick like the zarr. this for me is to sloq and clumpsy.

Uh... I really don't see how you are missing the point of it, you can either spec for a specific form (alt or Main Fire aka Shotty V Pistole) or go the hybrid route (which is better as a whole).

4 60%/60% Mods on the Euphona gives the shotgun mode 100% status chance (Corrosive + Explosive) and CC's + Strips Armour, and the levels at which I am talking about is around the hundreds where the main mode isn't necessarily gonna 1 shot everything. The Shotgun mode is meant for close quarters WTF moments or for annihilating a big fat enemy / Stripping their armour and CCing them. It is basically a mini-Tigris Prime in this regard and kills lvl 145 Heavies many times quicker then the main fire (I get that the simulcrum is a flawed place to test and most people have no reason to play versus 100+ outside of sortie). 

The only point I agree with is the sharp damage drop-off of the alt fire, that is the only point on an otherwise fantastic weapon with plenty of utlity and damage.

Also you aren't necessarily gonna have time to switch to your melee and actually take down an enemy... Oh you turn a corner and bam there is a Eximus Bombard in your face with no nearby cover, What do? Obviously alt-fire your Euphona if that is out, you may not necessarily have time to melee and not all melees would be capable of handling a heavy unit of that degree without  prior combo / right elements... The Pistol fire still has issues versus armour partially because it is impact over Puncture / Slash.

Edited by Giagantic

• 2 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:16 AM, NobleParadox96 said:

personal preference... some people like to shoot up close while others like to melee

and some plan ahead for the chance of going down after 2 hours in survival. [Bow]  :sleep:

I use a Viral+Radiation 100% status build on it with punch-through. The damage falls-off sharply at range but it will still trigger status effects. I can fire it into a cluster of enemies at a distance and trigger some nice viral and radiation affects among them. I can then pretty easily pick them off with the slug round as they're attacking each other. Works pretty well against Corpus.

Well, the alt fire is basically the Tigris Prime, condensed into a pocket shotty.  If you're already running a crit gun, running Euphona as a status weapon isn't a bad idea, and vice versa.  Use Euphona's alt fire as you would a Tigris, and you should be set to go.