Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane celestia Syandana

THRAX

I'd like it if DE added a different path or an endgame function to Celestia.

Say maybe if you manage to keep it fully lit for a month solid, then it remains lit for the rest of the year

or

Maybe if you've owned it and worn it and participated in a certain number of PvP matches with it equipped, then it'll stay lit

or

Perhaps if you wear the Celestia and win 100 Conclave matches, it'll stay lit

And alternately, perhaps if you manage some achievement(s) for Teshin, it'll make the Celestia change to a new, even more impressive form that you no longer have to grind to keep up the appearance. Maybe it'll blossom in a Lotus or Teshin pattern or something, I dunno...

The most pressing issue with the Celestia currently (for me anyway) is that for the majority of the time, Conclave is just dead and empty, so grinding out the flames is very slightly completely impossible. For the very brief spats of player activity in Conclave, they stick to maybe one or two of the game modes (lookin' at FFA and TDM), so scraping the Dailies and Weeklies together is an arduous process that MIGHT unfold over the course of a week or two, rather than a day or two, typically. If Conclave were more active, and more so across the board, then I'm sure a lot of these sorts of "Celestia grind pls stop" threads wouldn't exist--just a lot more of the "Hey DE, this and this could be fixed up a bit, thanks" threads than there already are...maybe a dozen or so of which I've authored by this point.

Anyway, I'm not fully on-board with the "eliminate the grind" approach--because that's what this game is--but the empty wasteland that is Conclave lately has been tilting me in that direction, since Celestia is the only Syandana to me and the rest are all garbo. So while I've preferred to advocate fixing the grind--adding friggin' Spectres to fill empty Conclave matches, and yeah I'm aware that would probably only work in FFA and TDM, but something's better than no one--or even ENHANCING the grind--have Teshin dole out special requests/missions/challenges for Conclave's Typhoons that are harder but more rewarding--or even just making the grind more meaningful--offer rewards that can scale up under certain circumstances, like Celestia "evolving" over time, or unlocking new mods that can be earned in Conclave but are functionally useful upgrades in PvE, that sort of thing--at this point I just want DE to make ANY solid improvement to Conclave, not adding limited time game modes, not throwing silly Tac Alerts into the mix without fixing anything, not juggling the balance every other update to keep the Conclave Meta alive (HUEHUEHUE THAT'S ME), but a real contribution to the QUALITY of the Conclave experience.

I think that'd be nice. :clem:

Edited by Meta_Nexus
Chromatic E N H A N C E M E N T S

4 hours ago, Meta_Nexus said:

I'd like it if DE added a different path or an endgame function to Celestia.

Say maybe if you manage to keep it fully lit for a month solid, then it remains lit for the rest of the year

or

Maybe if you've owned it and worn it and participated in a certain number of PvP matches with it equipped, then it'll stay lit

or

Perhaps if you wear the Celestia and win 100 Conclave matches, it'll stay lit

And alternately, perhaps if you manage some achievement(s) for Teshin

Well, there was that thread discussing a DE hosted Conclave tournament. The reward for the top 100 players on the tournament could be a  "Champion Celestia Syadanna" that looks more impresive than Celestia and doesn't require upkeep. You know, something only the very best can show as proof of their expertise and skill.

11 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

Well, there was that thread discussing a DE hosted Conclave tournament. The reward for the top 100 players on the tournament could be a  "Champion Celestia Syadanna" that looks more impresive than Celestia and doesn't require upkeep. You know, something only the very best can show as proof of their expertise and skill.

Hell, a top100 roster would probably include a vast majority of the people who play Conclave. I'd take those odds. :clem:

19 hours ago, Meta_Nexus said:

Hell, a top100 roster would probably include a vast majority of the people who play Conclave. I'd take those odds. :clem:

Actually, they way I see it in my mind (and which I failed to write for some unfathomable reason) there would be way more people getting awards.

Picture this: A Team based Tournament where players actually have to form and register teams (4 active members). Then split the tournament into categories:

-Team Anihilation (Gun-only)

-Team Anihilation (Melee-only)

-Capture the Cephalon (Gun-only)

-Capture the Cephalon (Melee-only)

-Lunaro

The top 50-100 teams of each category get the Champion/Arcane Celestia/Whatever Syadanna.

Do the math and, lets go with 50 for this example, you get 1250 players with the Syadanna. Actually, reward could be tier based:

Participation with at least 10 victories: Tournament Sigil

Participation with at least 25 victories: Tournament badge+all of the above

Top 100 with at least 50 Victories: Syadanna+all of the above

Top 50 with at least 100 Victories: Tournament armor set+all of the above

Top 10: Nikana-shoto/Wakizashi (the small Nikana Teshin has) Warframe Auxiliary attachment (so you can use it on any frame)+all of the above

Doing math again:

Top 100: 2500 players

Top 50: 1250 players

Top 10: 250 players.

Edited by Nazrethim

It'd be in the vein of things people've been begging DE to do with Conclave, yeah.

I'd enjoy that more than a throw-away Tac Alert with a throw-away game mode tweak that gives throw-away rewards once a month--seems like pretty much everyone feels the same about that.

As nice as it would be to have the fires stay lit permanently after buying that beauty, there would literally be no incentive to play conclave thereafter... though it is a dead gamemode at this point to where most people just do 1vs1 or 2vs2 just to get daily bounties done to purchase the cosmetics and then never return. DE had the same issues with archwing parts and just put 'em in the dojo and our factions, so why not keep such a cool cosmetic ablaze permanently to say you put a lot of effort into conclave to acquire it? Agreed.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Benjamin_Draco said:

it is a dead gamemode at this point to where most people just do 1vs1 or 2vs2 just to get daily bounties done to purchase the cosmetics and then never return.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Benjamin_Draco said:

[...]Arguably Warframe PvP is on my top 10 worst list just due to how stupid it is to see an entire lobby just bullet jumping everywhere waiting for someone to stop moving before taking a shot or two. The longest amount of time I clocked in a match for someone to get a kill in a bullet jumping lobby for me was 5 minutes and 26 seconds... boring, and it's become a regular occurrence to where my buddies and I start our own lobbies to just get the daily bounties done to gradually get our weapon skins from conclave rewards.

Sure I am guilty of bullet jumping but primarily I do it when two or more are after me [...]

Something doesn't add up on these opinions. Care to explain why is conclave a dead gamemode if you are playing in lobbies full of people doing nothing but bullet jump?

Edited by -Stormdragon
Comment 2.0

22 minutes ago, -Stormdragon said:

Something doesn't add up on these opinions. Care to explain why is conclave a dead gamemode if you are playing in lobbies full of people doing nothing but bullet jump?

My theory is that the first is from Earth 350 where Conclave is dead and the second is from Earth 635 where Conclave always gets full lobbies.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:13 PM, -Stormdragon said:

It's the same people most of the time playing, only the odd one or two show up that seem to be new names to me. So while handfuls of elitist players are still around, most newcomers or casuals attempting to get up in the ranks just stop dead in their tracks pretty fast. The only time I really saw so many new names trying PvP was during Snowday, few lobbies had the same people playing. After that though just went back to handfuls of elite players.

Edited by (PS4)Benjamin_Draco

3 hours ago, (PS4)Benjamin_Draco said:

It's the same people most of the time playing, only the odd one or two show up that seem to be new names to me. So while handfuls of elitist players are still around, most newcomers or casuals attempting to get up in the ranks just stop dead in their tracks pretty fast. The only time I really saw so many new names trying PvP was during Snowday, few lobbies had the same people playing. After that though just went back to handfuls of elite players.

And this one is from Earth 426

This dimensions are so confusing!

1 hour ago, Nazrethim said:

And this one is from Earth 426

This dimensions are so confusing!

Don't you mean "These dimensions are so confusing"? 'This' in your context is used as a pronoun to identify a specific thing. 'These' would represent identifying more than one. Or was the spelling an intended pun for this one from Earth 426?

Edited by (PS4)Benjamin_Draco
spelling

I'm still disappointed that the celestia syandana has to be lit manually every week, or every day if you don't play conclave (well)enough to complete the weekly early on. I kind of wish that it just stayed perpetually lit in PvE, and I think it would persuade a number of people to actually play conclave outside of actual alerts. I'll be perfectly honest, I've got 1.5k hours in warframe(according to steam anyways), and I've seen this syandana 2 or 3 times, EVER. (I haven't done much PvP content, but I have played a air amount of it, enough to reach, I think rank 3 with teshin)

Anyways, +1 for cool.

On 01/04/2017 at 4:20 PM, redeyedtreefrog said:

I'm still disappointed that the celestia syandana has to be lit manually every week, or every day if you don't play conclave (well)enough to complete the weekly early on. I kind of wish that it just stayed perpetually lit in PvE, and I think it would persuade a number of people to actually play conclave outside of actual alerts. I'll be perfectly honest, I've got 1.5k hours in warframe(according to steam anyways), and I've seen this syandana 2 or 3 times, EVER. (I haven't done much PvP content, but I have played a air amount of it, enough to reach, I think rank 3 with teshin)

Anyways, +1 for cool.

I don't think farming Conclave standing and then pissing off back to PvE qualifies as "actually play conclave"

On 3/31/2017 at 10:20 PM, redeyedtreefrog said:

I'm still disappointed that the celestia syandana has to be lit manually every week, or every day if you don't play conclave (well)enough to complete the weekly early on. I kind of wish that it just stayed perpetually lit in PvE, and I think it would persuade a number of people to actually play conclave outside of actual alerts. I'll be perfectly honest, I've got 1.5k hours in warframe(according to steam anyways), and I've seen this syandana 2 or 3 times, EVER.

"I'm still disappointed that certain individuals feel entitled to free upkeep for their syndicate syandanas. I kind of wish these individuals would get it through their skulls that the Celestia Syandana is meant to demonstrate Conclave dedication, and I think it would save the Conclave Feedback subforum a lot of whining threads. I'll be perfectly honest, I've got thirteen hundred posts on the forums, and I've seen this trash thread like five times, ALREADY."

Edited by SevenLetterKWord

I think the fact of the matter is the Conclave system still needs lots of work. It seems like a majority of players still do not enjoy Conclave mechanics, otherwise I doubt so many people would be complaining about this syandana.

Me personally, I would love a way to make this syandana shine brightly all day, every day and be done with it, but I can see other's points on trying to "reward" regular players of the conclave. To most though, this syandana seems to try and "force" players to play conclave, even if they won't enjoy their experience, and to me that doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun, which is what a game should be.

If nothing else, igniting this syandana for the day should be easier, in order to compensate for the fact that you can sit in an empty server for an hour with no one to play against. It'd also be really cool if we were able to ignite the syandana through the Corpus and Grineer versions of the conclave somehow.

Maybe a Co-Op Conclave mode that puts Warframes up against extremely high-level sentients?

Just a thought.

My lack of skill against more experienced "regulars" in the conclave makes the gamemode extremely aggravating. If there was a PvE mode in Conclave, I'm sure many people would appreciate the gamemode more.

1 hour ago, EspiOwnage said:

I think the fact of the matter is the Conclave system still needs lots of work. It seems like a majority of players still do not enjoy Conclave mechanics, otherwise I doubt so many people would be complaining about this syandana.

It's not really about mechanics. If you read every anti-conclave comment, you will notice common themes: "Aimbots" "Melee spammers" "bulletjump spam" "veterans abusing newbies" "powers being too strong/too weak" etc. Most of them can be explained as either lack of knowledge or lack of skill, which aren't bad things (everyone started that way).

Conclave demands something most of the playerbase doesn't usually have: patience, practice and to accept defeat with grace.

I've seen players raging when they are killed, my usual reaction is to either take my death as a breather, compliment their skills if they killed me in an awesome way or just don't mind it.

Me personally, I would love a way to make this syandana shine brightly all day, every day and be done with it, but I can see other's points on trying to "reward" regular players of the conclave. To most though, this syandana seems to try and "force" players to play conclave, even if they won't enjoy their experience, and to me that doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun, which is what a game should be.

Igniting the syadanna only feels "forced" if you don't like the gamemode to begin with, otherwise is just a thing that lights up on it's own.

If nothing else, igniting this syandana for the day should be easier, in order to compensate for the fact that you can sit in an empty server for an hour with no one to play against. It'd also be really cool if we were able to ignite the syandana through the Corpus and Grineer versions of the conclave somehow.

Lack of population is a serious issue in some regions, though that has to do more with lack of interest (or outright hate) in Conclave activities. Rathuum and Index would only fly on that if the enemies were just as deadly as us, which they aren't and if we used Conclave loadouts, which we don't, so it's not feasible with current AI. I would like similar cool syadannas added to the other syndicates that require the daily synd missions to fully ignite.

Maybe a Co-Op Conclave mode that puts Warframes up against extremely high-level sentients?

Conclave gig is PvP, that's why it's there. If anything, and if you don't like combat, you have Lunaro, or we can push DE to add AW or Parkour racing. And again, Sentients would run into the same problem as Rathuum/Index enemies: their AI can't keep up with us, and lvl inflation would just be Sorties all over again (which is something probably nobody wants)

Just a thought.

My lack of skill against more experienced "regulars" in the conclave makes the gamemode extremely aggravating. If there was a PvE mode in Conclave, I'm sure many people would appreciate the gamemode more.

But the whole gamemode is PvP. You have the rest of the content to do PvE. IF they added PvE, you can bet it would A) use Conclave loadout and B) be brutal hard and very skill reliant, (think that in Conclave your warframe or weapon of choice influence how you play but don't win battles on their own) which would run into the same thing (that is, PvE players used to dumb AI not being able to complete it due to the high skill brick wall) , and probably it would be a training mode that doesn¡t give much reward, if it gives at all.

7 hours ago, EspiOwnage said:

If there was a PvE mode in Conclave, I'm sure many people would appreciate the gamemode more.

If there was a PvE mode in conclave, it would defeat the purpose of pvp. If you want an arena shooter against AI, you can always go to rathuum, if you want pvp standing, then you have to go pvp.

14 hours ago, EspiOwnage said:

Mechanics such as?

The Syandana shouldn't be the main incentive to play conclave, PvP isn't another thing to grind and forget; if you're not playing for fun/forcing yourself to play, it's no wonder you'll end up having an unsavoury experience. Playing a competitive game mode just for the sake of a purely cosmetic attachment doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun.